Self Motivation Videos And Quotes

Yup! My favourite example of that is Colonel Sanders.

1 Like

Wanna pick up a new hobby? Got your travel setup worked out? Pack up the gear and grab your passport!

1 Like

And Get the hell out of Town and enjoy your vacation.

1 Like

You said it! Leave the worries of the world behind.

1 Like

𝐁𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐆𝐮𝐲. 𝟐.𝟎

1 Like

These laser TVs have caught my attention.

150-inch LASER PROJECTOR! - AWOL Vision LTV-3500 Pro

1 Like

Meet Ruben & Samuel Onuha, the brothers who built a $50 million Shopify empire in their 20s

How They Went From $2/Hour To $2.5 Million Per Month

1 Like

Edit: story removed

Sorry. I didn’t mean to glorify necessarily what he did. I just meant that he had a strong business mentality despite lacking a formal education. He could have applied that same mindset to something positive and done just as well.

I removed the story.

1 Like

The mind is an instrument don’t let it play you.

1 Like

Right. And set your own goals. Goggins is running a crazy amount of miles. But remember, he first started with a quarter mile.

You don’t have to do what he does. He’s a great inspiration, but work towards your own goals. For some people, just WALKING a mile is an accomplishment. Be proud.

If you don’t like to read, and you finished reading your first book, be proud. You’re finally studying Spanish? Be proud.

Set your own goals, and push hard! It doesn’t matter if everyone is passing you–as long as you’re doing your BEST. Use them for motivation.

Happiness is a state of mind.
imagen

If you won first place, but didn’t do your best, what have you accomplished?
If you’re dead last, you can still celebrate doing your best.

1 Like

“Here are some resources for travelers.”

TSA PreCheck New | Transportation Security Administration

https://step.state.gov/

1 Like

Those precheck benefits must be nice. You just zip past everyone else on the loooong line.

¨So long, suckers!¨

1 Like

It’s the only way to do it.

1 Like

Not to be paranoid, but when I think of doing the precheck, a voice in my head says, ¨You’re gonna give the government even MORE information?¨

The site talks about registering your trip. Honestly, it does make some sense. Just think about it. If you’re in…Italy, right, and your wallet and passport get stolen, where’s the first place you go? The embassy. Wouldn’t it be helpful if you had already given them your information?

The paranoid voice in my head doesn’t wanna give the government more information, yet my passport already got scanned at my departure and my arrival. So, what NEW information could the government possibly be getting??

1 Like

I heard horror stories of this U.S. Expat losing everything, he had money in his bank account in America but lost his ATM card and passport, and he was stuck and couldn’t even make it to the US Embassy, he was stuck on a Philippines Island with his girlfriend and her family far away from a US Embassy, they were poor, and he eventually made it but had a hard time dealing with the U.S. Embassy, and then he had to sign some documents stating that he would pay them back, etc. he also had a problem with his bank in the U.S.

I don’t know the full details of the story, but you get how things can go wrong.

1 Like

That suuuuucks. He was probably just relaxing, having a good time, and everything was going smoothly. Then bam! There are ways to prevent losing your wallet, etc.

But sometimes, things happen that you can’t foresee or prevent. It helps to have some kind of plan B:

have cash
carry a notorized photocopy of your passport and ID (somewhere separate from your passport)
backup mobile phone?

However, when misfortune really knocks on your door and even your backup plans fall through, stay calm and take it one step at a time.

@SmallPaul How do you think one could prevent/prepare for such a situation?

1 Like

Yes, and Without physical documents, you have to make your claim of who you are believable, you don’t always have to, but things can go more smoothly if you do.

Upload copies to your Google Drive, so you can access them online if needed, Upload copies to USB drives in America for family and friends, and carry a few with you in different locations.

U.S. embassy will loan you the money to go home.

1 Like

Homeless foreigner in the Philippines shares incredible story of how he ended up living the streets

1 Like

A big caveat for expats who gets complacent and let their guards down, it happens in paradise also. I believe it’s human nature that if a fruit hangs low enough, there will be those that will come and take advantage of the situation.

Expat Left For Dead In the Philippines

1 Like