Share your ideas and I will program them for you

I have been programming EA’s for some years now, hundreds of them, some more profitable than others. I have worked a lot with making indicators continuously adapt their settings to historical data. I have worked with evolving EA’s that monitor several different sets of settings with only the most profitable settings trading live. I have tried a lot of different trading systems, indicators and strategies only to find almost all of them leading to dead ends. All this work has so far only produced one EA that I have trusted to trade live and that has, for some time now, been profitable. However, I feel very vulnerable with only one strategy working for me. To become truly successful, at least when it comes to EA’s, I believe you need a portfolio of strategies/EA’s that are based on different approaches to trading. That way wins, losses, trading frequency can be evened out more.

I’m currently a bit uninspired and I need some help. I have my programming skills but I need new fresh strategies and ideas to challenge me. I am willing to give anyone this offer here. You give me the idea and I will program it and probably also have some creative ideas to improve it. Even good entry/exit ideas are welcome and we will figure out the rest. If you post your system openly here I will also share the EA openly here. PM me if you don’t fell like sharing your ideas with everyone and you want to make it a private project. I need to say that I have tried a lot so don’t take offence if I don’t take on your system. Don’t bother if you have a martingale system. I have done a lot of them but they are just too risky in the long run. I really like the challenge of defining visual impressions mathematically and the feel of “can this really be done?”. So bring it on, even if you don’t believe in EA trading.

I requests to have a try to develop an EA based on following rules.

Indicators:

1. SMA 5
  2. SMA 10
  3. Parabolic SAR step 0.02 and Maximum 0.2

Initial stop Loss: 100 pips (Let it be adjustable)
Take profit: 200 pip (Let it be adjustable)
Trailing stop: 100 pips (Let it be adjustable)

Time Frame: Daily (Let it be adjustable)

Short Entry:

On close of the first Daily candle after PSAR dot appears above the candle and SMA 5 crosses below SMA 10.

Example

Close at TP, SL, Trailing Stop and on opposite signal.

Opposite is true for Long trades.

Hope it helps and feel free to ask any questions.

Pair : ALL

I would like something like Hedge King.
It´s a multipair grid with buys in USDJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, EURJPY and sells in EURUSD.
In another forum someone was able to decipher the strategy. It’s a 30 pip grid on 5 pairs, so when it’s 30 pips total in the negative for the last 5 trades it opens another 5 trades. When pips profit is (Number of trades X 8.8 pips) then it exits the basket, otherwise it will go further into the negative without a stoploss. When the basket is closed another one is opened.

For money management it woul fixed lots of percentage of balance.
To this system I would suggest a modification. The pairs would be configurable and the type of trade (buy/sell) also. This way you could run two instances of the EA, one the usual and the other in reverse (sells for USDJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, EURJPY and buys for EURUSD).

[QUOTE=Bijoymj;658505]I requests to have a try to develop an EA based on following rules.

Indicators:

1. SMA 5
  2. SMA 10
  3. Parabolic SAR step 0.02 and Maximum 0.2

Initial stop Loss: 100 pips (Let it be adjustable)
Take profit: 200 pip (Let it be adjustable)
Trailing stop: 100 pips (Let it be adjustable)

Time Frame: Daily (Let it be adjustable)

Short Entry:

On close of the first Daily candle after PSAR dot appears above the candle and SMA 5 crosses below SMA 10.

Close at TP, SL, Trailing Stop and on opposite signal.

Opposite is true for Long trades.

Hope it helps and feel free to ask any questions.

Pair : ALL[/QUOTE]

Here is your EA. I haven’t had time to play around with the settings and so far I have back tested it on EUR/USD, Daily for a year. The results were negative. There is always room for improvement. Personally I never use fixed pip amounts for stop losses or take profits. Usually e.g. latest swing lows/swing highs are better to use for stop loss. I also often trail a period of highs/lows for stop loss instead of certain pip amounts. The same goes for take profits where more flexible targets are in my opinion better to use. There is always a lot to be tried out. With the out of the box settings, used on the daily chart (EUR/USD) the results were really unimpressive and normally I wouldn’t continue to develop an EA that starts out like that. But I have to try out different settings before being certain of that. I also have to say that I haven’t had time to verify in visual that it behaves as it should, errors in fast programming are common…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but there is no way to backtest this strategy. PM me the forum where it was discussed and I will look into it.

You are right. You can only forward rst this.

There isnt much discussion. Apart from the article I linked axnd the text I posted I only have the myfxbook link
Hedge King System by chenjing | Myfxbook.

Nice track record indeed. At least there are lots of trades to look at. I will also look at Robopips system called Amazing Crossover that I noticed. I’m a bit skeptical about that one though… Someone had problems replicating his results when creating an EA and from one post Robopip seems to back test with “pen and paper”?

Hello,
I have a custom indicator which I would like to have a Trade Assistant/EA programed for. I would like to keep it private, will you help please? Do you have an e-mail I can contact you on?
Thx

I personally am not a huge fan of EA’s but if I can have a program that can monitor, volume against structure support and resistance and also take into account bearish and bullish trends while searching for harmonic trading patterns and picking limit orders in fibonacci zones that those patterns may end. Don’t believe this is a small job but it would be the only EA of its kind for sure.

PM me if you think this is achievable. Don’t worry if you think it is not I believe it is a complex algorithm that will cost a lot to build.

Hello again,

I really just need a Trade Assistant that will place my trade, sl & tp according to my custom non-repainting indicator on 4H or D1 charts. As I am disabled I am not always available to place trades and manage them. I don’t think the trade strategy part will be a problem as it uses the indy, money management ideas would be the main need in programing this TA. I would be most grateful for your help.

Safaripip

I need a simple time trader. I am not sure if the popular time trader works for me. Basically it needs a pending order time, which places a buy and sell order with s/l and t/p properties. Basic stuff, but I don`t get it done, because I am pretty nooby in programming.

Another one would be a little more tricky. It`s something like “if the market is breaking out, buy/sell within a few seconds”. Maybe a permanent pending order buy and sell which sweeps a few pips over the current market price and is waiting one second before it fits to the new price (+ 10 pips or whatever).

That would be a great help if you could do that or at least give me some hints.

Thanks for the offer…

I have a request for an ea…pretty simple and straightforward

At the opening of each candle if the price moves +(x) pips then open a buy order…if at the opening of the candle the price moves -(x) pips then open a sell order

Options to include adjustable x(pip value)…adjustable take profit and stoploss…optional trailing stop with adjustable value…and the option to automatically close the order at the end of the candle

Any help would be greatly appreciated…thanks

I could code this when I get some time. Reminds me of a “major move” EA I coded long ago. It back traced all moves for the current specific hour for the past 30 days instead of a certain pip amount. It then analyzed when a certain magnitude of move was abnormal and could possible result in a continued major move. It was not profitable. Usually when you trade a one bar breakout you have to get in pretty early in the trade, however the earlier you step in the more likely it becomes that it’s not actually a breakout your trading… I also tried different kinds of exits.

got your PM and have emailed you…thanks

I transferred some trading history from the account you referred to, to a spread sheet. Just from briefly looking at some trades and counting pips I can tell that the “decipher” is not correct as you describe it.

-It does not always reenter trading immediately after close out of current baskets. Maybe trading hours have been specified or other entry signals.

-Yes it buys in USDJPY, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, EURJPY and sells in EURUSD. But it can also do the opposite. When a basket of trades are in a certain negative it always seems to enter another basket in the same direction. This is probably based on the reasoning, eventually the market turns… However what decides the direction of the first basket of trades is not clear. It’s not obvious like alternating directions or trading against the last direction. Maybe it’s some simple indicator, maybe on one or more of the currencies.

-No, it does not seem to always enter a fresh basket of trades at -30 pips according to the track record and it doesn’t always exit on “number of trades x 8.8 pips”.

In other words, if I was to put some time into programming this, I would need to put a lot more time into analyzing the trading history and even then it might be impossible to know what makes some aspects of the EA tick. Maybe these aspects are not that important but they could also be absolutely central for the system to be profitable. Let me know when you can shed some new light on the matter.

Hope the EA works as it should. Preliminary results were not too impressive…

I was actually hoping for more of you manual traders out there to take on this offer, where you already have a somewhat profitable system that you want to convert into a mechanical trading system, even if you don’t believe it is possible by your own standards. I’m not primarily interested in developing new trading strategies from scratch if there is not equal creative input. Maybe this is the wrong forum for this.

Thanks for your effort but you are right, it´s difficult to interpret. I suspect that it uses a indicator to check the strenght of JPY, AUD and NZD because EUR and USD are hedged.
There is also another interesting system that it´s simpler. skalpingovaya I would add to this system a delay time to avoid entering the next trade in the same direction right after closing a trade.

Hello DrOlmeri,

I’m looking for an pending order EA/hedging EA… I want it to mirror trade. for example,

an MA cross EA sends buy signal. I put an EA in another chart, and set the magic number to the crossEA.

The EA corresponds to the crossEA and put SELL pending order maybe5pips above the price at the signal.(if the signal is BUY)

if the BUY signal happens at price 1.55000, the EA puts SELL pending order at 1.55050.
if it’s SELL signal at 1.55000, the EA puts BUY pending order at 1.54950.

I want it to be keep doing it as the crossEA sends signals. if, after a buy signal, the market goes down and doesn’t hit the sell pending order made by the EA, I want the EA to cancel the pending order when the next signal is generated.

and when the pending order is open and hasn’t hit TP or SL, and if the crossEA generates the next signal, I want it to close. so there will be only one pending order waiting and one open trade.
I want the TP and SL , lot size to be adjustable.

maybe you could make a MAcrossEA that orders like this, but I may wanna try this PO/hedge EA on other strategies/EAs so I think the magic number option is important.

I hope you can understand what I said and can make one.

Thank you.

Back tested CrossPSAR on my Demo account. Works very well on the first trade it took. It went up as high as 100+ pips overnight. I just have to cut it short and close the trade. I know I should wait and let it run its course, but experience told me differently.

Can Trailing SL be auto adjust after it hit a certain pips range? (IE: When profits hit 100 pips it locked in profits at 75 pips) It should also be adjustable in the inputs setting.