Share your ideas and I will program them for you

WOW! After another day of back testing. The CrossPSAR didn’t like multiple trades setup for sure. I had it linked to 4 pairs (2 of them took trades that went into red [EUR/USD & EUR/GBP])

Here is the results starting from last night until now:
EURUSD, sell 0.01 -0.97 @ 23:50
EURUSD, buy 0.01 +0.72 @ 23:56
EURGBP, buy 0.01 -0.48 @ 00:05
EURUSD, sell 0.01 -0.91 @ 07:40
EURUSD, buy 0.01 -0.98 @ 07:48
EURUSD, sell 0.01 -1.21 @ 07:59
EURUSD, buy 0.01 -9.83 @ 09:36

But then the market seems to gone into volatile state (I think). :eek:

My idea (I’m a newbie) is to ise this strategy:
earnforex.com/forex-strategy/moving-average-cross-strategy
But before using it adding another indicator. If the market is trending then use it. If it’s lateral don’t open any position.

Would be great to be able to test it with different moving average periods to see wich one are more profitable in the backtests.

What do you think of something like this?

I was thinking about using 2 moving averages. One fast and one slow. When they cross you either buy or sell (depending from the direction of the cross)

Since this strategy works better in a trend and is a loser in lateral markets i would add an indicator that tell the ea is the market is lateral or trending. If trending the strategy applies. Otherwise it just waits.

What do you think about something like that?

Hope your still here bro, got a challenge for you. Can you code up an indicator or offline chart that will display price on the x axis and time on the Y. Don’t know what good it will do but just thinking outside the box. Also I trade of tick charts so this too would be good. Many thanks in advance

I’ve got a really good expert advisor based on a triple moving average that could make really solid profits. If this ea gets improved i’m absolutely sure we could all benefit! Even without the adjustments it’s currently doing work for me, though it’s lacking in certain aspects. I will post the ea and what needs to be done when you confirm you want to work on it. This would really help me out!

Joskezz

Sure, if the EA shows potential I’d be happy to help improve it.

Ok, here is the ea. I will post further details in a bit. Thank you so much for your support!

Triple-MA-Crossover.zip (1.2 KB)

This is a good picture to show you how the ea works.

Not sure why it’s so tiny… I hope you can see it properly.

(Don’t pay attention to the PSAR, MACD and the green up and red down arrows, these are just for me to spot trends and reversals and have nothing to do with the ea)

So as i said the system is based on 3 EMA’s. 1 hour timeframe on high volatility currency pairs. The EMA’s are set as follows:

Fast EMA: 10
Medium EMA: 25
Slow EMA: 50

– How it works now:

Buy when fast ema above medium ema, AND when medium ema above slow ema. (Good)

Sell when fast below medium AND medium below slow. (good)

Close orders when fast changes direction and goes through both medium ema AND slow ema. (bad)

There is no need for an actual crossover to happen before the ea starts opening orders. All it looks at is that fast is above/below medium and medium is above/below slow. This is clear when you first execute the ea on a currency pair. It will instantly start an order, even though there is no crossover in place. (Bad)

Same goes for trying to close orders in losing positions. It will just instantly open a new position in the same direction because it’s parameters for closing the order haven’t changed yet. This is the reason why stop losses are useless now. When you close an order manually, it should stop trying to open a new one until there is a crossover.

There is no built-in stop loss and/or take profit. I’m using an a st/tp ea on another chart at the moment. (Bad)

– How it should work:

Buy when fast ema above medium ema, AND when medium ema above slow ema.

Sell when fast below medium AND medium below slow.

Close orders when fast changes direction and goes through medium ema. It doesn’t have to go through slow ema to close the order.

Only open orders on actual crossovers.

Built-in stop loss/ take profit.

Any other creative ideas from your part would be very much obliged.

I will look at this tonight.

Ok, thank you very much.

Btw, i think I was wrong about something:

To close orders, the fast ema already only needs to go above the medium ema instead of also through the slow ema. However, it seems to wait one or two candles before closing the order. I think it would be better if it closes orders instantly after the fast ema goes trough the slow ema.

Ok, I don’t think we share the definition of “a really good expert advisor”. The out of the box settings gave heavy negative results for EUR/USD. Optimizing the MA periods didn’t help much. Normally that signals that the foundation of the strategy is flawed. However, I said I would look into it.

If this was an expert advisor that I would program myself from scratch I would probably code it in a different way but I added most of the changes you requested to the existing code. You can now set stop loss and take profit (in points). The EA does not re-enter in the same direction unless the fast MA has crossed below the medium MA. It closes when the fast MA crosses below the medium MA. I also tried with close-out when price (not MA) crossed below medium MA. This wasn’t really helpful.

Well, I have to admit that I have really not done much back testing so you are welcome to try it out. Let me know if you find anything interesting. At this point I would not keep working with the concept. Like most cross over systems it suffers because of the lagging nature of MAs. Price often makes major moves. At this point all the MAs become crossed, however the move has already occurred.

Just to others, if you have an expert advisor that you want me to tweak, give me something that is at least profitable out of the box.

I actually coded this but the results were so poor in back testing so I never posted the bot. I have it on another computer.

How would this be traded?

Ok I will keep you posted. Thank you so much for everything.

I agree with you saying lagging indicators lose potential profits, but they’re also much more accurate than leading indicators.

Ok I will keep you posted. Thank you so much for everything.

I agree with you saying lagging indicators lose potential profits, but they’re also much more accurate than leading indicators.

@ DrOlmeri - Can you build an EA for me?

This EA would work on all pairs and time setting. (If possible)

I have one that will use both Alligator Oscillator and Awesome Oscillator indicators together.

There are two parts to this.

First:
Under the Alligator, it will use the “Jaws style” as the base line. If the candle goes below this line it is the “sell” signal, if the candle goes above this line it’s the “buy” signal.

second:
Under the Awesome, I am looking at the confirmation that it cross the base “0” with 3 bars in either direction. Crossing down is “sell”, crossing up is “buy”.

EDIT: Additional Info:
Lot Size = 0.01 (adjustable)
Take Profits @ 200 pips
Trailing Stop Loss @ 100 pips

DrOlmeri, i have a question

Is it possible to turn off the stoploss/takeprofit in the ea? When i set tp or sl to 0 points, i get a error code 130. I want to start using a trailing stop. I know you don’t like my ea but it’s been working great for me, i hope you can help me just this last time…

Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=Joskezz;668613]DrOlmeri, i have a question

Is it possible to turn off the stoploss/takeprofit in the ea? When i set tp or sl to 0 points, i get a error code 130. I want to start using a trailing stop. I know you don’t like my ea but it’s been working great for me, i hope you can help me just this last time…

Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

Here you go. Next time its gonna cost you! :wink:

Hi Dr.Olmeri,

I came across this on the internet and i need your help to build this EA.

Thank You In Advance.