Share your ideas and I will program them for you

Hello DrOlmeri,
Thanks for your help.
I requests you to have a try to develop an EA based on following strategy. This strategy was from FX keys and written by Kamel and Chris. This is a very good strategy and I was successful following their idea of double bolinger strategy. If you can develop an EA out of this, It will very useful to me as well as many other forex traders.
The strategy is as follows:
Add 2 sets of bolinger indicators with period 20, deviations 2 and shift 0.
1.Wait for one of the candlesticks to close above the BB1 upper band. Then check the previous two candlesticks to see whether their close prices are below the BB1 upper band or not. If so, you have a long trade setup. candlestick If candlestick #C is closed above BB1 upper band, and at the same time the two previous candlesticks (#A and #B) are closed right below BB1 upper band. We should buy at the close price of Candle #C and can set up a stop loss at the low priceof candle #c and target can be twice the stoploss.
2. To go short (to sell), you have to wait for one of the candlesticks to close below the BB1 lower band. Then you should check the previous two candlesticks to see whether their close prices are above the BB1 lower band or not. If so, you have a short trade setup (sell signal), and you can go short (sell) at close of the candlestick which has broken below the BB1 lower band.

Candlestick #C on the below chart has closed below BB1 lower band while candlesticks #A and #B have closed above it. This is a short trade setup. Like long trade setups, stop loss has to be set at the high price of candlestick #C, and target can be at least twice of the stop loss size (2 x SL).
Time Frame: Daily
Pairs:All

Got your PM on this thing.

Do something simple, if it goes great then I will talk to you privately on building a more complex EA for my fund, wouldn’t mind automating the strategy.

Do a 200EMA cross and close at least 30 ticks above generate a buy signal with stops 50 ticks below. 100 ticks on a daily chart and vice versa for a sell signal. Also in the same EA program a cross over 55EMA below 200EMA generate sell on after 100 ticks below the cross. Stops above the cross. Simple enough. Set to run on 1hr chart to Daily Max time frame.

Let me know.

when I tested an EA of MA cross, it kept losing and I thought if you trade the opposite I’d make profit, but it didn’t because there is spread matter. so I thought…
to make it short, if the MA cross EA shows buy sign, I should wait for the price to go up for 5 or 6 pips, then enter short. you know that price won’t go down straight. it has great possibility of going up, at least a little bit.
if it’s 1min or 5min chart, it may not happen as much but if its 15 or 30min, or up, 5 or 6 pips going up happen naturally.
do you know what I’m talking about? did I miss something again like other people in the past who thought of the same thing?

Hi I’ve been toying with the idea of making an EA but haven’t really got the time to learn coding
so wondered if you could help to see if this would work as a stepping stone to success so far from what
I have seen it works manually

PSAR 0.02 0.02 0.2
awesome oscillator 5 34

The first rule would be that when the PSAR is below the first green candle and the AO turns green
take a long trade and if the PSAR goes above and AO turns red take the short trade.
The next rule i put in place for my self is that it would only be 10 pips TP and it would be one
trade in the morning and one in the afternoon. What I was also looking at was compounding each
trade this was my thought on each days trade. So day 1would start the morning trade with 1 lot with a 10 pip TP trade 2 would be in the afternoon at 2 lots with a 10 pip TP. Day 2 would start with morning trade at 4 lots afternoon at 8. Day 3 morning trade 16 afternoon trade 32. Day 4 morning trade 64 afternoon 128 and finally Day 5 morning trade 256 and the final trade being 512 in the afternoon then starting the whole process from 1 lot on the next trading day. I would also like the lots to be adjustable so as to use on micro accounts so 1 lot could be changed to 0.1 would this be possible or is there something anyone else might add to perfect it thank you in advance and any constructive criticisms are more than welcomed as I am still learning and have been really impressed at how people are helped on this site.

Hello, I like your idea of sharing ideas and helping others automate their trading strategies.
I have a small question if possible;
I would like to add an input to an EA where I can write multiple pairs (for example: EURUSD,GBPUSD,USDJPY), and the EA would execute orders on all the mentioned pairs while attached to only one chart.
I tried the StringSplit function but it didn’t work for me, or maybe I used it in a wrong way.
Thank you !

Hello amiine90 ,
as an input it does not allow arrays and objects, so you have to use string. There are to ways with StringSplit or to iterate every character and to check if it equals to the separator. If you want share the code that uses StringSplit to see where is not working.

Hello sht13,

Here’s my code:

int OnInit()
{
string multipair = “EURUSD,GBPUSD,USDJPY”;
string sep = “,”;
ushort u_sep = StringGetCharacter(sep,0);
string pair[];
int k = StringSplit(multipair,u_sep,pair);
for(int i=0; i<k; i++)
{
Print(pair[i]);
}
return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
}

Thanks for the help.

You do realise that the "offer made in this thread is 9 YEARS old ?

1 Like

Hello amiine90,
Everything works fine . Only one small problem with quotes (you used “ and should used " ). But if you used it like this , you will get compilation error.
Where you think it does not work ?

The coupon expired?! :laughing:

1 Like

I get the error :
The pair “EURUSD,GBPUSD,USDJPY” is not valid.
So the StringSplit isn’t working for some reason.

When you set the pair , what do you use the string or the array value ?
for(int i=0; i<k; i++)
{
Print(pair[i]);
}
In the function where you set the symbol , you should use pair[i]. For example iHigh( pair[i] , 0 , 1);
The problem is not in the function StringSplit , but somewhere else when you use variables.

Okay, thank you so much for your help.
I’ll try it and let you know of the result once I’m in front of my desktop.

Is this offer still available, I have 2 strategies I want automated too. Complex ones if you ask me. Awaiting a reply

Hello TutaKanemm,
If it is not urgent, i can help. It will take some time , because i have another work.

Okay, please view your inbox, I’ve sent both. Awaiting a reply from you soon.
Won’t mind what you think about both strategies too.

Regards

Have you finally managed to implement your idea successfully?

Actually not yet. Won’t mind any help to actualize it.

Have sent you a message thanks

program as in how, i am new to this can you explain