Should I continue self-education or pursue a mentor

Hello traders I have been trading for two years. I have mostly educated myself when it comes to trading the market full price action trader. I have recently the past 6 months become very consistently profitable, and I would like to continue that for the rest of my life as we all would. Ok so my question is should I find a mentor? how would I find a mentor or should I just keep up my own thing…

5 Likes

If you’re profitable why would you look for a mentor? Does that mentor trade the way you do? Do you know a mentor who trades the way you do?

If you’re profitable i advise just carry on. Best of luck :+1:

7 Likes

If you have proven to yourself you are profitable, why would you want a mentor?
The only reason you would want a mentor is to become profitable or if you want to study a specific strategy that you find extremely difficult to grasp, If it is confidence you lack, then you just need more experience. Experience comes with time :wink:

Well done on having found your edge in the market!

2 Likes

Are you trading a live account or demo?

1 Like

Before you decide on which way to go, identify the problems you need to solve. Then find solutions for just those problems. You don’t need to know everything or be perfect at everything you do, you just need to make a greater profit from the things you do right than the loss from the things you don’t do so well.

Same applies to all learning and research tasks - identify what you need to know to reach your goal, then go for those things. Knowing everything is not a goal.

4 Likes

That is the thing. To be profitable you do not need to know everything indeed. That is only for the ones who want more knowledge, more profitability, etc. which is not necessary. More knowledge also does not have to equal to more profitability, you need to be careful with this.

5 Likes

Depends where are you analyzing your performance. If you have consistence profits if your demo or micro then you can continue with that. But do not ignore the losses part in your experience and how have you managed them. I would rather say do some swot for yourself because you are the best judge for yourself.

3 Likes

What are you looking for in a mentor?

Self-education is one of the most important aspects of lifelong learning, and it has evolved into a genuine requirement for everyone". Learners can benefit from self-education not only in terms of their education, but also in terms of learning and adapting to the changing world and society.

4 Likes

thanks i really think your right i need to just give it time

2 Likes

im not anymore maybe im just looking to better my self and that takes myself to do it

3 Likes

I think a mentor can save you a lot of time and energy I would say though you dont need a mentor that charges thousands. You can get the help you need and then build on your own style

2 Likes

see the problem isnt my trading my problem is that i one day want to teach and help others learn how to trade the way that i do and find there own way to become profitable in the market but i started a youtube channel and i dont have any veiws should i keep going or should i just quit
or how do i get legit people at least watch my videos without paying for fake views here is my channel if anyone is interested simple forex lessons

whichever will do ,but if one day you decided to give up,pm me ,and let me scam you .

happy pips

1 Like

You are still profitable. So, why do you need a mentor?

2 Likes

This comment though :rofl:

It is good to have a mentor especially if he/she is your close related or friend.

Only find one that will help you improve skills you lack.

It is not mandatory to have a mentor, self-education is enough.
Self Education must include in-depth research about trading.
Reading blogs or watching videos can be one thing. Then you can join any social media community for traders.
You can also go for some online trading courses.

The most important thing is to keep yourself updated with market news, Major announcements by big banks, etc.
If you still feel that you cannot trade without a mentor, you definitely can go for it.

1 Like

You are making a great decision if you are looking for a Forex trading mentor. It definitely shortens the learning curve.

1 Like