Should or not begin with bitcoin now?

I saw the bad news about the bitcoin, I feel unhappy because I’m going to invest into bitcoin. Whether it booms again or continues down to death. Should I start with $450 now? If it’s possible, please tell me where to begin.
My colleagues advise me to use ETH, but i just found another name Nextycoin. The Nextyplatform seems to new, i wonder it will lead more oppoturnities, by contrast, ETH’s old and likely to more reliable.
Which one should I choose? Anyone gives me some info. about them or other names, pls.
Thanks

1 Like

You sound like you’re trying to shill a new coin.

ETH is old? What makes you say this?

Ethereum is basically still an alpha product.

1 Like

@MarkSwift
ok…
You’re planning to invest $450 into a crypto
and you want to know which one to choose

Mate, it doesn’t matter
Pick one and say good bye to your money

Unless of course you are particular about who takes your money and you want to be rorted by only the highest quality crypto :stuck_out_tongue:

i would say , don’t invest
but, you probably won’t listen… right ?

so… flip a coin and pick one

I’m just beginner. I consider it as what i see. As you say, it adds a vote.

I’m considering whether it’s reliable to invest. If it contines with bad signals, maybe I stop. Waiting the news…

Hi Mark! :slight_smile: I’m also new to BTC and to be honest, my investment was not that big. I’ve talked to some of my friends and colleagues about whether or not I should invest and they said that I should invest money I’m willing to lose.

Are you willing to lose that $450? Cause from here, there’s no guarantee as to where prices will go. :sweat_smile: Best time to buy now that the prices are still going down. BUT there’s no guarantee IF/WHEN it’s gonna rally. What do you think? :smiley:

I though about this over the weekend too and I think I’ll pass, or wait a little longer at least. The price may still go down a bit and maybe then I’ll reconsider this.

1 Like

yup, I do too. I need more time to be ready to lose. Too much danger.

if you invest i would warmly advice you to invest in one of the weaker currencies.

Tron for example is more likely to go from 7 cents to 10$ than bitcoin from 10.000 to 150.000.

the percentage gain is the same in both scenarios (its all about percentage).

If you can lose 400 then just buy something which is cheap and might become expensive in a year. buy it and forget that you have it, and every 6 months or so take a look how its going.

ether was around $7 last year, now its at 1200 or so. which is a 18000% increase, while bitcoin did in the same time 1000% (1000 to now around 10.000)

@MarkSwift
if You’re considering it… TEST IT
that way you make an informed decision

My advice to you is to not get into anything that you know nothing about, please take that advice. If you know NOTHING about the crypto market then it’s way too risky for you. Do your research!

1 Like

Good advice. Think about it this way, back in the day when BTC was first introduced, it was about 0.36 cents per bitcoin. So for the people that bought hundreds and thousands of them back them and held on to them til now? They’re set for life lol so its the same concept, get a bulk of cheap ass coins and let them sit, while of course still watching the market.

If I were you I would hold my horses to see how BTC reacts to Lightning networks, it still can continue to go down. In the mean time why don’t you study some TA and fundamentals?

I am still wondering why all the excitement. This is like Tulips. It is insane. An assets that banks won’t exchange, you can only use in digital format to retailers that will accept it, seems like a tech boy fad, not for the serious investor. Besides I think with the highs of 20k well gone, the question should be what is the next fad?

Sorry count me out of the misery. I sincerely believe is is this Crypto that will end the retail trading arena. Already MiFid2 is threatening to send leverage in Europe to 1:30 and 1:5 for stock CFD’s. I think the losses in Crypto will make the decision easier. These crazy assets are what will make trading that more inaccessible to many people in the future.

1 Like

What is Nextycoin? What does it do?

Nobody truly knows where bitcoin is headed. Some people want to buy, some people won’t touch it with a 10-foot pole. That’s what makes a market.

@emeraldorc
you forgot one

when buying bitcoin, the platforms insist that you give them cash, No electronic transfer initially. hehe
you gotta love it huh

Give us $10,000 Real Money
and
We’ll give you nothing in return
what a business model it is.

OK so you want to pay $20,000 for a “thing” - but you don’t know what the “thing” is :relaxed:

So you c\n’t afford the full retail price for a single unit of “the thing”

so you think it is a great idea to pay 1/20th of “the price” - which is now really cheap at $8,000, so you only need to pay $450 for a tiny bit of “The thing” :relaxed::laughing:

You get home and your “significant other” asks you one question ----------

What is the "thing "?

Answer her please ??? :slight_smile:

@Falstaff
hehe

the answer is

"It’ll be ok, Trust me… it’s gonna go up " hehe

I think you missed my (Admittedly obscure) point - I just got to thinking “Ok - it’s going up and down” - “BUT” "What is it ? " “What real use does it have ?”

Is it a competitor for “Money” or is it something else ?

Why on earth can it be worth $10,000 each ?