Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

If you could add a pair of secundary additions, a fixed sl value, that we can combine with the psar or the trendline system. And a max entry lots, or positions. Sometimes the ea opens some consecutive trades on the same direction in a consecutive bars, and It can be really annoying, specially on live trading, because we could not control the risk.
Once again thanks for all the efforts and time you have put in this ea!

About the backtests, i have found a new way, we had not thought about before. I put in the slow ma settings a fast ma, and on the fast ma a slow settings, + a slow lauer to get a general trend, so the objective is to take profit from the breaks on the same direction than the main trend (lauer), but entering on retracements (counter maā€™s trend trades). Using this idea I have found a really profitable backtest for the past year using 1 hour chart (2000 pips profit). And a 300 pips profitable using the last 6 month with min5. now i m going to extend the backtest month by month to see if it has been profitable for a longer time

I wish you good luck In your trading, and just a little advice, take a look at economic calendar before taking a trade.

hi bheks, You should use the confirmed dots to draw the lines, so there is no repainting issues. And as sandybeach said is better to use the system on higher tf. However this doesnā€™t mean that the min1 canā€™t be profitable.

I have no idea where the problem isā€¦ are you sure you havent got the 2 stop systems set to true?
I will run the ea on a forward test tomorrow, to see if it trade or just paint arrows.

I hope you have a wonderful holidays, we will be waiting for this ā€œmassiveā€ posts!

You know if the EA produces more profit on the 1 hour chart rather than the 5 mins chart seems like the higher timeframe is acting as a good filter in itself?

Nice find with the trend. Looks like we might have one of the last pieces for the EA :slight_smile:

Good point Iā€™m sure everthing was fine I just used the default settings in the EA Iā€™ll have to review my settings again.

Well hopefully I can get online every few days to contribute so maybe I wonā€™t spam you with a big book in a few weeks replying to everyone!

I do have a spare PC I can leave the EA running in 24/7 if that helps? Iā€™m thinking maybe 1 hour and 5 mins on GBPUSD and EURUSD.

So at least in doing something constructive while Iā€™m away. Any suggestions for forward test scenarios? This would be on a hotforex demo account. I can hook it up to my fxbook account so you guys can see what is happening in real time of that helps?

Thanks

I have tested with 5minā€¦seem to be working fine

I have been trying to forward test Dineshydvā€™s EA, but I canā€™t get it to place the trades. It puts the arrow on the chart just fine, but no trades. Is there a particular setting I need to watch out for? Thanks everyone!

Take a look in your experts Tab and scroll down to the date and time of when the arrow appeared and you should see an entry with a reason why the EA did not trade. Please can you post this so we can analyse the results.

hey guys

what has happened here, i started reading this thread and it sounded quite simple and worth putting the time in, yet the more i go through the thread its completly change dfrom the origanal idea, is any body hear still using the origanal method and MANUALLY, if so could you let me know please as i have a few questions.

many thanks

Thanks Neo for the indicator.

Sandy, I think I got it. The Experts said I was missing the Lauer indicator, which Iā€™ve now fixed. Hopefully we should be good to go now :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi guys i got this in my experts tab for two trades today:

2012.09.11 14:00:02 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Got a BUY Signal
2012.09.11 14:00:02 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: BUY stoploss is: 1.6007
2012.09.11 14:00:02 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: Placing BUY at: 1.6041 SL: 1.6007 TP: 1.6056
2012.09.11 14:00:02 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: ERROR: BUY OrderSend for GBPUSD failed with error (130): invalid stops

2012.09.11 15:45:01 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Got a BUY Signal
2012.09.11 15:45:01 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: BUY stoploss is: 1.2758
2012.09.11 15:45:01 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: Placing BUY at: 1.2844 SL: 1.2758 TP: 1.2859
2012.09.11 15:45:01 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 EURUSD,M5: ERROR: BUY OrderSend for EURUSD failed with error (130): invalid stops

Anyone else have these problems ?

Has anyone given this indicator a try on manual trading to see how it performs ? Any recommended settings for it ?

you never received these error before while testingā€¦correct.??
Which broker you usingā€¦
I may need to put a logic to modify SL/TP once order is openedā€¦let me do thatā€¦

Im sure the error only started with v1.3. Iā€™ll run v1.2 today to see if it errors.

Im using Hot Forex

Hi,

I was experience the problem with ā€œAllow Live Trading Firstā€ error on experts.

I have 3 charts running with ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3. using default setting. And I make sure that each chart have Checked on ā€œAllow live tradingā€. Any idea?

Might look funny but my dreams are some like compounding profits with high risk and i did many a times enjoy a lot too 248$ to 10,700$ in just 60 days!

Neo, have you checked the master expert settings under Tools then Options? There is a master ā€œAllow live tradingā€ as well as the individual ones. The Expert Advisor button also needs to be pressed so there is a little green play arrow. Hopefully that helps.

Yup, It has been enable. I have 3 charts running but only 1 are enter the trade by the EA. The rest 2 charts state the ā€œAllow Live Trading Firstā€. So I have no idea why since all 3 charts are on the same setting.

I had this problem also, these are the settings i set to get rid of this error:

MT4 Client Settings:

EA Settings:

Even thought i have changed these settings and i dont get the ā€œAllow Live Trading First Errorā€, i still get the below error message and no trades are executed:

2012.09.12 15:34:59 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.2 GBPUSD,M5: ERROR: SELL OrderSend for GBPUSD failed with error (130): invalid stops.

On another note with regards to the trend direction, i found this article which is a price action trend indicator:

Free Ixbone Forex Indicators

Maybe this could be better as a trend indicator than Lauer, it looks acurate and as it is more price action than Lauer we should be able to back test with and it it should be more future proof than using Lauer as it can lag and repaint.

What do you guys think ?

Sandy, I have the exact setting and one of the chart able to trade. The rest was error. Iā€™m running with 2 brokers from 2 VPS, both got the same result. Iā€™ve remove the EA and re-attach it to the chart again. Will see if it work this time.

Iā€™ll try out the Ixbone since Lauer does repaint even on H1 with higher depth setting.

Im running on a Hotforex Demo account. What broker did the EA run on successfully and was it only 1 out of a number of charts you had running on that broker ?

The Ixbone looks good plus it should be easy to incorporate into an EA.

The only thing i need is a few more eyes to evaluate it to see if it works well and a better alternative to Lauer. Since Ixborne is price action it should be future proof :slight_smile:

Let me know what you think of this as a trend indicator, would be good to know your thoughts, will be sticking it on my charts and see if its better than Lauer

hi podz, i have been trading the original method for a month or so, and i think that sandybeach has been trading it for a longer time, so if you have any questions we will be glad to answer and clarify.

this would be nice! I hope we can solve this problems soon. Have you tried without sl and tp? If it works you could attach a autostop ea, wich should be able to modify and set an automatic sl, tp or trailing stop, its not the same but until we can solve it, we have something to forward test.

I have been running the ea for a 7 hours this afternoon and yesterdays afternoon, and did not get any arrow or trade, will try tomorrow with a swing zz set to 1 or 2 to be sure that it takes some trades.

It repaints even on H4 tfā€¦ if you refresh the chart every 5 or 10 min and ignore the past 3-5 bars on lower tf, it can be useful (at least for manually trading), not great but useful once you get comfortable with it.

I will try it next London sesion. probably it would work better on higher timeframes, to get the main trend direction.
just a stupid question, its midnight here and iā€™m truly asleep, but is this indicator something diferent than a trio of Mas?

Hey this strategy does work, its kind of our fault really, when we started talking about an EA we should of started a new thread to keep things clean, sorry about that. The original manual system is on the front page.

We have talked alot about different indicators and other changes as this is for the EA as the EA must have absolute rules and we have to trust it to trade without us hence all the different talk and changes that have come about.

It is a good system manually, i dont trade it much manually these days as im working 0900 - 1700 and i canā€™t sneak online as much as before as i have moved desks and im not in a concealed area :frowning:

But it does work, if it did not work i would not be. Any questions ask away.

Once we can fix this bug with the EA iā€™ll stick the EA on my test PC and let it run 24/7 hooked up to my fxbook account so everyone can compare there results with mine so we can tweak it some more and improve it.

Looks like a bug in the EA unfortunately. I have not tried without SL or TP, have to try that !

If anyone is using the EA (v1.3) and you are getting trades executing in your demo accounts can you post what broker you are using and the settings of your EA if you have changed them from the defaults that were given with it.

This will help us find out where the issue might lay.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

No your right it is just a set of simple MAā€™s. I have kind of been converted to price action strategies and have been re-thinking alot of what i used to think about how to trade forex.

Hence i was looking for an alternative to Lauer which was more price action and simple. The simpler the system the easier it is to incorporate into an EA, so less work for the developer. It looks good and has promise hence why i brought it up, but we need to test this new trend system, if it works it will allow us to properly backtest the EA as we canā€™t with Lauer, also Lauer uses more resources than these MAā€™s and no re-painting !

If we can get this EA to be as much price action as possible then it should last for a very long time if not indefinitely. My understanding of price action strategies is that as the price wont change so the strategy should last no matter the condition of the market, where as if we base things on just indicators, those types of EAā€™s last maybe a year until they become big fails. Please correct me if im wrong.

This is why i like this strategy, simple, trend line and very price action, so in theory it should be reliable through the years, maybe long enough for our entire careerā€™s.

Year 23.30 here im sleepy, yawn !! Bed time.