Smart FX Technology

Hello Traders,
Arthur, the only other reason why you would have differences between Live and Demo accounts, as pointed by Johnnykanno, could be the small difference in the price feed, live vs. demo, which happens all the time, together with fill problems such as requotes, etc. The option would be a combination of the different price feed/fills, which may cause a delay in one of them to open, and an end to the trading schedule or News Filter block before the price catches up and opens in the Live account.

Vincejg327, I understand your choice of waiting on the BH, given the European situation. The problem is that if it does take off, youā€™ll miss the hedging effect it could have on the Scalper, if things go really wild on a rally. But I understand your point of view and donā€™t blame you for it. I am still running the whole combo.

Yankees, sure, the MS will trade on Sundays right after the market opens, provided there is no News block. Fridays it trades till 20:30 gmt. If you think you have a problem send me an email and weā€™ll make a remote assistance session and check it out.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Will consider what you said.

I noticed that the Magic Number for all 5 MS EAs are the same. Does this inhibit the other EAs from opening an order if another EA has orders open?

Happy Trading!

Hi Vincejg327,
The EA looks at the Magic Number + the pair. The EA will open each pair independently. You could have all 5 pairs open at the same time. In fact we often do.
Having identical Magic Numbers allows you to track the Master Scalper as a group in myfxbook, for example.

Right now hotforex live server appears to be down. Is there anyone else who is experiencing this? I tried to chat with support but they are experiencing technical difficulties. If this doesnā€™t resolve quickly I will end up leaving hf for a more stable broker.

I spoke with the IB representative earlier today and he claims that they are adding 2 servers, bla, bla, played it down, that they are indeed fixing the problem.
Weā€™ll see. I would like to work with them if this issues go away.

Johnny/Robert,

How often have you experienced this issue with HF?

I am new to Hotforex, but I have always heard good things

Robert, Iā€™ve opened 5 dif. platform with $1000,$3000,$5000(micro,ECN,normal)and looks like your robot doesnā€™t recognize the amounts. Every platform doing exactly the same operations,except Micro(doing with so small amounts). Strange.I donā€™t understand how we can make money with your robot. Maximum it can make few $ per week(in the good scenario).So we have to open 10 by $1000 to see some money?
For information ,Now Iā€™m loosing on every platforms after 10 daysā€¦Sometimes Scalperā€™s making some but Hunterā€™s wiping ofā€¦

well this is the first time I ever experienced no connection for longer than a few seconds. It came back online in around 15 minutes.

Johnny,

I experienced the same however it was only when I was trying to Login from a different MT4 platform. The MT4ā€™s that were running on my VPS seemed to be okā€¦strange.

Quick question, I signed up as a HotForex Affiliate. I emailed and asked if I could swing my Currenex account over but hey said I have to sign up 5 other accounts before I can add my own account? How do you sign up an account through them so you get some of your commission back? I am happy to start a new account and start trading on it and then can close my other account down. Surely they will pick it up if it is in the same name etc?

Thanks, Matt.

Hello Fredik,
I have explained at length the differences between the different Lot sizes, and the fact that different account types require different starting balances. If your account is trading always the minimum lot sizes you have either of 2 situations:

1. The broker is giving the same Demo regardless of the account you are signing up for. The real difference will be in Live trading.
  2. The minimum Lot size you signed up for is too large for the balance amount you chose.

As you point out, the micro account is trading smaller lots, which means that the EA recognizes the account balances just fine.
Please do not be confused by the ā€œsmallā€ amounts that your EA is trading. Clearly you prefer higher risk levels or want to make too much money, and fast. This is highly dangerous and we do not recommend it.

Once again I invite you to send me an email so we can arrange for a remote assistance session, since there is clearly something wrong in your settings, or in your understanding of them, which I would gladly explain in a support session.

Can somebody explain about VPS.How itā€™s working and when its needed.

Hi Fredik,

A VPS (Virtual Private Server) is basically a server OS running as a Guest on a hosting platform (VM-Ware, Hyper-V). You have access to it to load and run program via a secure portal (Web Site). The benefits of a VPS is that it is usually on a server farm that provides you with High Availability and Failover.

What does this mean for your trading? You can load and run MT4 from your VPS and feel secure in knowing that it will stay up, continue to run and stay connected to the internet where it gets it feed from your broker 99.999% of the time.

This 99.999% or what we say in the field - ā€œ5 Ninesā€ means you do not have to worry about power failure, hardware failure, internet conductivity failure or even a problem with the OS.

For the serious investor, this is a great way to stay in the game regardless of what maybe happening in your neighborhood.

99.999% uptime translate that over an entire year, the VPS should experience no more than 36 minutes of total downtime.

Hope that helps you in understanding what a VPS is and how it helps you as an investor.

Happy Trading!

Vincejg327,Thank you!

@matt
I donā€™t know about the 5 accounts. What I would do is just get the affiliate link than click on your own link than opena brand new currenex account. After that email hotforex and tell them you want to transfer funds from one account to the other. I think this will work for you.

I remember a long long really long time ago when I was an electrical apprentice and I learned quickly that when you ask permission to do anything someone will always tell you no. Moral of the story donā€™t ask just do :smiley:

Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Lol

I like that

8 days in and whilst there have been good and bad days the overall result is -5% over that period. Essentially the ā€˜holeā€™ has been the Breakout Hunter which consistently finds the wrong call and runs through to Stop Loss om almost every trade.
I will persevere though as it will be worth judging the combo on a full month.

I started BH a day after I started MS based on Roberts response to me here on this thread. From what little time I have seen these EAs run that I would say that the BH seems to be the weak link. The 5 pairs in the MS have been making money but the BH has been eating those profits and then some. It is not as bad as taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back but it is frustrating to see.

As I mentioned earlier, I am going to let it run for the 30 day period and judge it then. However, it is upsetting to see the BH destroy the profits from the MS. Still, I do have faith that in the long run, things will work out.

Happy Trading!

Hi everyone!

I just started with the MS, in the configuration PDf they said ā€¦

Once the robot is loaded (if the market is open), on the upper left corner of the chart,
below the quote numbers, a pip counter will appear:
AllTFMinProfitValue: 0 of 26 pips (for example for the UsdJpy)

I donā€™t have that option in the chart, but the EA has an smiley face. What should I do???

Thanks Guys!