Smart FX Technology

Restart the MT4 after the installation, that put everything on line.

Let’s see if the beauty of this EA is real…

guys if you tweak your risk bh won’t kill your gains. look over your numbers figure out which pair is earning the best and than make sure the risk is 3-4% make sure any marginal pair is set to 2% than finally make the bh set to 1% this way it is there and hedging a little. There may come a time when the scalpers aren’t doing as well as the bh in that scenario you would raise the risk up from 1% to 2 or 3%.
I view my risk as being dynamic. The pairs that do well I increase risk and the pairs that struggle get reduced risk. If you take this approach your portfolio will do better. Also keep in mind I am not looking at a days worth of data either. I am looking at several weeks of data at least.

I will show you what I mean over the weekend when I post my November numbers.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Hi Jonnykanoo

I agree with what your saying, could you advise what your current settings are when you post your results over the weekend? As that would be really helpful.

Thanks

Fraz

EUR/CHF 53 trades 92% win rate 266.9 net pips 2.9% net gain TF_M1 Lots 4.0 TF_M5 lots 2.0

EUR/GBP 26 trades 70% win rate 58.2 net pips 4.22% net gain TF_M1 Lots 5.0 TF_M5 Lots 5.0

EUR/AUD 73 trades 97% win rate 813.7 net pips 23.13% net gain TF_M1 Lots 4.0 TF_M5 Lots 4.0 TF_M15 Lots 4.0

USD/JPY 20 trades 62% win rate 34.7 net pips -0.98% net gain TF_M1 Lots 5.0 TF_M5 Lots 5.0

EUR/CAD 39 trades 100% win rate 417.5 net pips 9.05% net gain TF_M1 Lots 4.0 TF_M5 Lots 2.0 TF_M15 Lots 4.0

EUR/USD 47 trades 58.5% win rate -309.5 net pips -8.41% net gain TF_M1 Lots 1.0 TF_M5 Lots 1.0 TF_M15 Lots 1.0

pouring over my numbers and my risk for the past 3 weeks I would say EUR/CHF should be increased a little. EUR/GBP should be reduced a little. EUR/AUD is perfect. USD/JPY must be lowered to 2.0 EUR/CAD is also perfect. Breakout hunter is already at 1.0 so that one is fine too.

I’m glad I did this becasue I didn’t realize my u/j risk was so high.

Month to date totals…
258 trades 83.5% win rate 1281.5 net pips 32.23% net gain

overall totals since September 1…
1329 trades 81% win rate 5127.2 net pips 151.92% net gain

So I would say that even though November has been a little rocky overall it is still a very strong month. I would also like to add that this is not really the time to increase risk. I may increase risk a tiny bit on EUR/CHF but we are into the holiday season now so if anything this is the time of year to reduce risk. Especially in December. I will personally either stop trading all together or limit my risk accross the board to 1-2% max.

Well thats it for now. Happy Thanksgiving everybody :smiley:

**edit I made a slight mistake. BH was set to 2.0 risk and is now reduced to 1.0 IDK what I was thinking??? But I wanted to give you guys a clear idea of how I manage my risk. So looking over BH and her poor performance for November I would certainly reduce risk to 1.0 for the remainder of the year.

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Hi Johnny,

I also believe in a longer period of data than just a few days. You can’t see the bigger picture or trend.

As for your risk assessment for each EA, it makes sense and will incorporate it in my strategy.

Happy Trading!

Thanks Vince.
I really hope everyone trading these or any ea’s takes the time to analyze there own results. My mm approach is dynamic because every couple of weeks I am looking over the results and making “tweaks” For me its the only way to go.

One thing I had wanted to do was to keep the EAs at their out-of-the-box default settings as Robert has said they would be profitable that way. I also understand tuning them to better reflect their performance in the current market.

After reviewing your current month and year to date numbers gives me more confidence in the EAs. Looking forward to see how they perform.

Happy Trading!

yea Robert says keep the settings default but I don’t necessarily think he is refering to the risk settings. All the other settings remain as default.

The great thing about these developers is they are constantly testing and working behind the scenes and if they discover new more effective settings than they implement them into a newer version. I trust them and there work so I don’t mess with any of those settings.

I’m glad you have more confidence :smiley: These ea’s really do kick a$$!!!

From your independent results, I would say they kick A$$! I have tried a few EAs in the past and lost money (purchase & trading) with them. Did not see the support or the response I have until now with Robert. That was a major reason I committed to these EAs.

Hi everyone I guess I’m the new kid in town.
I started reading everything I can find about Forex just about 3 weeks ago. As I am trying to find out what kind of trading styles suit me best, I am actually thinking that I should try out all the different styles (scalping, swing, day trading, EA). And to be honest I am very skeptical about EAs. But after reading through this Forum (thanks for starting this thread Johnnykanoo!) I was convinced to find out myself, and bought this EA just 3 days ago! You can see I am not only a newbie about EAs but also about trading itself!
While it is way too early to draw any conclusions about the performance of this EA, I am very curious to draw my conclusions once enough time has elapsed.

After 3 days I noticed that all my short orders of the passed 3 days were profitable trades, while all my buys (except EURCHf) were losers. With USDJPY loosing 100% of its trades;) anyway I am looking forward to see how this EA will do in the future.

I am currently trading Demo on Hotforex 1:50. And I am planning on doing so until the Holiday season starts, and then, if I feel comfortable enough, I would consider going life on a small amount, after the holiday craziness has passed - obviously only if this EA is profitable for me;)) I hope I can let EAs work for me on a small life account, while I am continuing to learn everything I can to improve manual trading (Demo until I am feeling comfortable enough to go life) so basically I want to go multiple lanes here (manual and automated) to draw conclusions after a few months or years…

Actually I wanted to keep quiet and not post any newbie questions in any forum until I learned enough about forex to ask the right questions…
But johnnykanoo’s post really made me drop this question right away:
you posted: [I]EUR/AUD 73 trades 97% win rate 813.7 net pips 23.13% net gain TF_M1 Lots 4.0 TF_M5 Lots 4.0 TF_M15 Lots 4.0
[/I]
May I ask you if this means that you are actually trading this EA on different timeframes than 1M? Please excuse as the question might seem dumb to some - I hope you could throw a newbie a bone;)

I am looking forward to follow this forum frequently in the future

Happy Thanksgiving

Johnny,
On this Thanksgiving day, just puchased & installed Smart FX Technology’s Super Scalper & Breakout Hunter. I was already interested in them; but after reading your very knowledgable & detailed evaluation, I just couldn’t resist. After being forex scammed numerous times this company seems very HONEST (John) & their support is ASAP. I just joined Baby Pips & what an opportunity this website has given me to learn! I’m already a fan of yours & will keep on reading your thoughts.

hey guys welcome to babypips s you may have guessed I am sitting bored waiting to go to family in a little bit :smiley: Today is supposed to be lazy anyway.

@fred

you posted: EUR/AUD 73 trades 97% win rate 813.7 net pips 23.13% net gain TF_M1 Lots 4.0 TF_M5 Lots 4.0 TF_M15 Lots 4.0

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

The timeframe is 1 minute. Those settings are related to money management. I don’t know exactly how it works but i do know Smart FX Tech opens multiple orders for 1 trade So I think it is relate to the multiple order entry. Two of the pairs offer 1 M5nd M15 as settings for money management. it used to be more fields in older versions.
Just set all of them to 1.0 or 2.0 until you have a better understanding of how she trades.

[QUOTE=johnnykanoo;296287]EUR/CHF 53 trades 92% win rate 266.9 net pips 2.9% net gain TF_M1 Lots 4.0 TF_M5 lots 2.0

EUR/GBP 26 trades 70% win rate 58.2 net pips 4.22% net gain TF_M1 Lots 5.0 TF_M5 Lots 5.0

EUR/AUD 73 trades 97% win rate 813.7 net pips 23.13% net gain TF_M1 Lots 4.0 TF_M5 Lots 4.0 TF_M15 Lots 4.0

USD/JPY 20 trades 62% win rate 34.7 net pips -0.98% net gain TF_M1 Lots 5.0 TF_M5 Lots 5.0

EUR/CAD 39 trades 100% win rate 417.5 net pips 9.05% net gain TF_M1 Lots 4.0 TF_M5 Lots 2.0 TF_M15 Lots 4.0

EUR/USD 47 trades 58.5% win rate -309.5 net pips -8.41% net gain TF_M1 Lots 1.0 TF_M5 Lots 1.0 TF_M15 Lots 1.0

pouring over my numbers and my risk for the past 3 weeks I would say EUR/CHF should be increased a little. EUR/GBP should be reduced a little. EUR/AUD is perfect. USD/JPY must be lowered to 2.0 EUR/CAD is also perfect. Breakout hunter is already at 1.0 so that one is fine too.

I’m glad I did this becasue I didn’t realize my u/j risk was so high.

Month to date totals…
258 trades 83.5% win rate 1281.5 net pips 32.23% net gain

overall totals since September 1…
1329 trades 81% win rate 5127.2 net pips 151.92% net gain

Johny,
When you are talking about % it’s looks amazing.But how much you put in the robot?$3000 would make just few %.Can you be more specific.Because everybody see just %%.

Another “No Trade Day” today. That’s two in a row or maybe something wrong with the timing on my system? Previous to that has been trading fine.

Any Help?

Thanks, Matt.

thanks for the reply John
I guess i roughly understand what you mean;) I still have a lot to learn hahaha

SO you mean TF_M1.lotPcnt,TF_M5.lotPcnt,and TF_M15.lotPcnt is the one I should set 1.0 or 2.0 ? Or am I looking at the wrong variables?

I just bought the EA and are looking forward to testing it first on a demo acc. and then maybe on my live acc.
Having problems installing it thow. Keeps boming out my mt4 platform.

Thanksgiving Matt - stear clear - “No Trade Days” are around volatile or unusual trading days. Won’t be back on until Monday I think. It’s a brilliant feature imo.

Fredik - Johnny’s money amount is irrelevant. Just work out what you would have in your trading account and use the % Johnny have given to work out the potential returns.

@spotdespot

Thanks, forgot about that. I’m in New Zealand so not something that’s big here at all.

FMT put up a trade for GBP/USD and I’m -28 on that, might pull it I think. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

No problem. I’m in the UK - no Thanksgiving here either - which is why the feature is so great. I wish I was in NZ…