Smart FX Technology

On the issue of ‘TF_Mx.LotPcnt’ Can anybody advise whether by simply modifying this will alter the EA? Or do we need to also set the ‘UseLotsPercent’ to false also?

Thanks, Alex

changing the values in the different TF_LotPcnt will change the size of the lots the Money Manager trades.
If you want to use fixed lots, then turn to False, otherwise leave it on True.

I am now around 3 weeks into live trading and have attached results so far (all default settings). The weeks I have been trading have been volatile and the amount of drawdown gives me confidence in this EA.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the snapshot. I also went on MyFxBook and found your page with the various charts for the accounts you are running. Nice run on Smart FX. Does having a large leverage effect the numbers you are getting? I am running at the US limit of 50:1.

Thanks for sharing and all your efforts and comments on the thread.

Happy Trading!!

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Robert would say my leverage is way to high. The thing is I am comfortable with my risk and that is what is most important. Make sure your risk level doesn’t keep you up at night. At the end of the day it is your responsibility whether you succeed or fail. Its all relative to your comfort level. And to answer your question I think it does but I am not entirely sure since I never use much of my leverage that is available. for example right now I have over $1500 free margin and I have 8 positions open.

Hi Johnny,

I sleep well and plan on keeping it that way. Risk is a personal thing like I told Fred on an earlier post. Been working on getting MyFxBook up with my demo account. Looks like it is working. Take a look when you can. My profile is named “CruisingLife” because I love to sail.

Happy Trading!!

the more i look into members and developer’s real accounts the more i want to buy MS only .Robert is it too hard to configure the BH if i want to buy it later (when market conditions makes this EA more profitable) to work with MS?

thanks.

Hi Arbolive,

You need to decide what is good for you when buying these EAs. For me, I felt even though the BH was eating all of the profits that the MS was making, I would still buy both (Combo Pack) and still run BH with MS in the Demo. I plan to run BH on a seperate live account from MS but will have both running. My thought, when will you know when the market conditions wil become more profitable? How long will it or how many times will it change back and forth. The EAs are programmed for this.

Right now, BH is a profit eating pig. But when we are out of this doubtful market conditions brought on by the Euro Debt issue and end of year wind down, I believe BH will come alive and produce the returns Robert has stated and Johnny has shown on his accounts as seen from his MyFxBook account.

I have faith in it and I have the patience to wait it out. You must decide what is good for you though and no amount of discussion should force you in a direction that you are not comfortable with. Just like risk, everyone has their own tolerance.

Happy Trading!!

thanks for your answer, im thinking about buying the combo and try it on a demo account. to see what it can do

HI,
I would also run both. If I understand correctly, the two complement each other, meaning that when MS is having a good time,BH will suffer a bit and vice versa. Therefore, by definition, one will be doing very well while the other will be eating some profits. If you eliminate one of them, you will not have the “protection” when markets change. In my particular case, BH has been profitable, so no issue there. I think I will always evaluate them as a pair and only in the eventuality of combined losses I will dig a little deeper. Hope it helps.

I concurr with Vince and tradingshed. These ea’s basically “hedge” each other. Think of it as a type of insurance. if you notice one is performing poorly than you can lower your risk and when it do consistently better than you can increase risk again.

BH has basically broke even for me for November with a whopping gain of .35% but hey that is not a loss and overall since I started these ea’s it is up 5.1% so not to bad overall.

I also notice the overall gain number in myfxbook has gone from really negative to +114.19 % I don’t know how they arrive at that number. When I look at myfxbook I look at the smaller absolute gain number which in my account is +10.98% which is pretty decent considering the account went from margin call to positve territory in only 3 months.

2012 is going to be our year.

Look at how awesome Robert is. He is constantly working behind the scenes testing and working and when he finds things that work he implements them into new versions. I for one applaud his efforts (his team’s efforts) and for once in my life I can say without batting an eyelash that I trust Robert and his ea’s. I don’t have any concerns at all. In fact I really believe these ea’s are that once in a lifetime opportunity for us. Even with conservative settings I think 20-30% monthly is very attainable.

If you start out with a $1000 and earned 20% a month consistently you would be doing quite well!

month 1 $1000 +20%
month 2 $1200 +20%
month 3 $1440 +20%
month 4 $1728 +20%
month 5 $2073 (doubled account size by month 5!) +20%
month 6 $2488 +20%
month 7 $2986 +20%
month 8 $3583 +20%
month 9 $4300 +20%
month 10 $5160 +20%
month 11 $6192 (and now you are earning over 1k a month) +20%
month 12 $7430 +20%
month 13 $8916 +20%
month 14 $10,699 +20%
month 15 $12,839 +20%
month 16 $15,407 +20%
month 17 $18,488 +20%
month 18 $22,186 +20%
month 19 $26,623 +20%
month 20 $31,948 +20%
month 21 $38,338 +20%
month 22 $46,005 +20%
month 23 $55,206 +20%
month 24 $66,247 (earning over 10k a month at this point) +20%
month 25 $79,496 +20%
month 26 $95,395 +20%
month 27 $114,474 +20%
month 28 $137,369 +20%
month 29 $164,843 +20%
month 39 $197,812 +20%
month 40 $237,374 +20%
month 41 $284,849 +20%
month 42 $341,819 +20%
month 43 $410,183 +20%
month 44 $492,220 +20%
month 45 $590,664 +20%
month 46 $708,797 +20%
month 47 $850,556 +20%
[B]month 48 $1,020,667 A millionaire in 4 years!!![/B]

I just love doing these. Imagine the trip :smiley: and if you start out with 50k you can be a millionaire in 2 years. I’m just sayin

So Johnnykano… would you say you found the…holy grail ?? :wink:

Holy COW!you make 20% return with this EA? you are seriously threatening ICT!:wink: After reading the first 60 pages of his 550 pages-thread with bits and pieces of information about his financials I concluded that he is trading on 1.5% risk and with his weekly pip-target he is also doubling (minimum) every 5 months! Now, although, my EAs are not running as profitable as yours yet (by far), it would be simply freaking amazing if this EA can get us there, or even halfway there for that matter;)

The downside would be that I would seriously have to question the hours and hours I started spending with learning everything I can about manual training ( although I just started recently to do so;))

I believe the moment I have chosen to start using these EAs (2 and a half week ago) was simply not th best time due to the “hard environment” with the EU craziness and all…
Despite my plans to start trading these bots live once the first week of January passed (if proven profitable on Demo before Christmas on demo), I might have to go Demo a bit longer than planned… Another lesson to be put on the “PATIENCE-stack”:wink:

As for my Manual trading. I have stopped my initial (clueless) Demotrading and I am fully in “reading-mode”, I hope to get back to do Demotrading in addition to continued learning in January, And I hope to feel good enough about it in summer to go life - I even go further and hope to make a (conservative) 5% return right from the start of my life trading (manually) - If it is more then I certainly wouldn’t mind;)

Why am I writing this here and bore you guys?
For a very selfish reason: Now that those statements are public, I feel more pressure to realize them!:wink:

So long comrades!

Although we would love to find the “Holy Grail” of Forex EAs, there is just no such thing. With luck, we can ride these EAs for get a decent ROI. Time will tell. For what I see, it is going in the right direction.

Happy Trading!!

4 years :59:

may want to go yatch shopping :wink:

quick question, does this EA has to be paired with specific broker?

cause currently I am using FXCM, and I am using the microlot account Spread is about 2.x

I am planning to run this on a small live account to have sort of a ‘dry run’.

Please do advise fellow EA users.
Many thx in advance!

regards.

@Fredfresh ICT is one of the best traders I have ever seen and he teaches freely. Do yourself a favor continue to study his methods. I do feel that these ea’s are amazing and very profitable but will it stay that way forever? Only time will tell. I myself manually trade when I have time and basically I am combining how I trade which is extremely similar to ICT’s with Petefaders VSA which seems amazing. Its like reading the charts like a book.

My advice run these ea’s and practice trade on demo and always continue to hone your skills.

@tberry I think we are the holy grail because we are the ones responsible for our own accounts. We are the ones who analyze and we are the ones who set our risk. Robert’s ea’s are a fantastic tool that will help us get there.

@vince as usual you are the voice of reason

@alfiesan yes these ea’s are broker sensitive. Any time you trade a scalper results will vary greatly depending on spread. My advice get a good ECN broker with very low spreads.

arbolive I’m gonna throw a big babypips party on my boat

that is when I get one :smiley:

oh I see, this thing would make your travel-plans so convenient;)
yes I will definitely continue studying all I can for manual trading;) ICT seems like a good example to look up to. Altought I have to admit, that I really struggle to fully understand some of his videos;) so much information and extremely valuable ones, too! But sometimes I experience a little bit of information overflow as a newbie;) hahaha Im sure eventually I will get it;)

Read through the 54 pages of this thread last night and am very tempted to pick up this as my first EA. I’m looking to set it up on a VPN for a month long demo starting in January(assuming Euro doesnt look like its going to collapse). As much as I love reading about Johnny’s results i’m concerned about the number of people who have had very different results, so i’m trying to figure out what they did wrong and what I can do right.

Some basic tips I gathered from reading this thread…

1. Use default settings and use both EAs since they hedge each other;
  2. Dont judge results based on a few days or just a couple of weeks;
  3. With a $1,000 account utilize micro lots so the money management software works correctly;
  4. Use 50:1 or 100:1 leverage in the account;
  5. Keep your hands out of the cookie jar and let the EAs do their work(aka resist manually closing trades); and
  6. Match your VPN and Broker as best you can for lowest ping.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

-Hamno

Robert will disagree with me but try to disable medium impact news NO TRADING as they seldom move the market. it will trade more and possibly with better results. Test first though.