Smart FX Technology

I think that the presets only need to be loaded for certain brokers of which MB Trading is one of them. I dont think you need to do this on most other brokers.

Chris

It wasnā€™t required. I thought Iā€™d ummm just try it. I was looking at doing a little tweaking because I felt it was trading a little lighter than needed. I read that it was optional and did it without making any other changes.

Sorry Iā€™m not trying to confuse people hereā€¦

Hi Traders,
Most brokers use Standard Lots as their trading units. Very few, MB Trading among them, uses mini-lots as their trading unit, which is 1/10th the size of a Standard Lot.
The EA is configured in default to trade with a broker that uses Standard Lots, since its most of them.
If you have an MB Trading account you need to load the MBTrading-specific presets, to compensate for their smaller lots.
Again: unless you are using MB, just load the default, nothing to load, no presets, nothingā€¦

We have a quiet end-of-week, with No Trading on most scalping pairs due to the European Interest Rate this morning and the EU Economic Summit today and tomorrow.

Hi All,

No harm done. As usual, Robert came on to clear it up. It is support from him that was key for me in purchasing MS/BH. Keep up the great work Robert!!

Happy Trading to All!!

Thank you for the clarification! Everyone have a good weekend.

Tim

MS/BH Week 3 Results

Well, there was some headway this week in the right direction. MS performed well at its current risk levels so I will not be adjusting them. BH regained some of the losses it experienced in the previous 2 weeks. Although I am hopeful that it will continue, I will keep the settings still at their default, out of the box, positions.

I also got MyFxBook up and running on my 2 Demo accounts. One account is MS/BH Demo while the other is my manual trading account. That account totally blew away anything I might had expectations of, and they were to just break-even. I am developing a system that I will be submitting to the Art of Automation for the Best Trading System of the Month Contest. Trying to work out the bugs, collect data and snapshots of the graphs for submission. I hope to have it all tested and ready for submission for February. Wish me luck.

Here are the snapshots of the MS/BH Demo Portfolio Landing Page:

As you can see, the results are getting better.

Remember, 17 days until Christmas. Better get that shopping done. I know I will this weekend.

Happy Trading!!

If anyone would like the link to my MyFxBook, the link is: MS BH Demo System | Myfxbook

Happy Trading!!

I would also like to share this weekā€™s results:

Last weekend I posted my results of the first 2 weeks, which were -0.9%. I adjusted the lot% slightly before restarting the EAs last saturday, and after just one week these lovely bots made me almost 10% return! Which is by far better than my early hustle in manual trading (which, of course I hope to be improving over timeā€¦)

It sure feels good to see these babies being nicely in the black!
Please note, that I have only been trading with this EA-combo for 3 weeks, which is still too early to draw some valid conclusions. However, I am very pleased so far!

so long
Fredy

Hi Fred, can you post the exact settings you are running now?

Thanks

All, mine was not as good as yours on Fri I am afraid :frowning:

I desperately want to believe I can replicate the good results generated by forum members such as Johnny, but I just keep looking at the live results from robertā€™s myfxbook.

masterscalper_v6ā€™s Profile | Myfxbook

+1.6% gain since account start? (Unless iā€™m reading this wrong, iā€™m a myfxbook noob who cant figure out how to get my connection to be anything other than ā€œpendingā€ for my own account).

I do quite like the return from Johnnyā€™s account, but I know he actively manages the settings.
Hotforex Currenex System | Myfxbook

Just torn here, I keep hearing all the things I want to hear but just dont read the numbers I want to readā€¦

Hi Shed, these are the lot% I was trading with this week:

EURAUD: 5,5,5
EURCAD: 4,2,4,
EURCHF: 5,5
EURGBP: 4,4
EURUSD: 1,1,1
USDJPY: 2,2

please remember that I am a newbie, so please take my actions for what they are worth;)

cheers
fredy

and i heard some things about hf which i didnā€™t want to hearā€¦

what? better share those things cuz i need a good broker and my choice was 99% hotforex :confused:

mine too, but be careful and googleā€¦ for ME, this one is out, you may think differentā€¦

Hi mrql,

Thatā€™s interesting as I havenā€™t had any issues and Iā€™m quite happy to continue with them.

Fraz

hi fraz, everybody has to find his way. i think i will choose a swiss broker. :slight_smile:

iā€™ve been goolging and the only thing i find is good comments and experiences.

i think im going to stick with them.

Hello Hamno,
The stats on MyFxbook for the SmartFx account are not the same because we started that account with a very small amount of money ($500) and using 50:1 leverage. We were trying to prove that this would be sufficient, but the 50:1 leverage did not allow the Money Manager to enter full size orders on all pairs when many pairs were trading at the same time. Since all orders turned out to be minimum size orders, the incidence of losses of the BH was much larger than usual and it wiped out most of the earnings of the MS during the same time.
Since then we have added another $500 trying to prove that $1000 will do the job. This is important to us because many clients try to get started with a small account, and we would like to show the minimum necessary. The account is trading much better, if not perfect. We are considering leaving it alone, although in truth it would be better with $1500.
Of course, if you had a 300:1 leverage, as Johnny seems to be using with Hotfores has, the issue would not be a problem. With higher leverage you can start with less money, but you are exposed to a higher risk if things go really bad, which has not been the case. Brokers in the US are not allowed higher than 50:1 leverage, as you know, and we use a US based broker, so we are stuck with that rule.
I hope this explains the differences between the results.

I hope you guys realize in the beginning I did over expose myself because my minimum lot size was still to big for my account. If I had a bad run I would have lost it all. This is no way to trade. My logic was ahh its just $100 let it go and see what happens. Even though it is my test account I still donā€™t want to blow it up so I tuned my risk down to a reasonable amount. It is never a good idea to over expose yourself in the market.

Professionals always think in terms of preserving capital while amateurs always think about how much they can gain. By keeping a low risk profile I donā€™t see any reason why you canā€™t consistently earn 20% monthly. 1% a day is nothing to scoff at!

As for hotforex goes I am happy with them and I have not heard any bad feed back. FPA rates them 4 stars, earn forex gives them 4 stars, 100 forex brokers rates them 4 star. IDK that is just from the first page. I havenā€™t heard any recent negative remarks about them at all.