Smart FX Technology

HF is out of the Republic of Mauritius. Small island far off coast of Madagasgar. May want to sail there after MS & BH help me get my sailboat.

Happy Trading!!

Hi Everyone,

I too am using HF with a Currenex account. I also have had no problems and every request I have had has been auctioned straight away.

With regards to the Bonus system they offer, I have figured a little work around that will make it yours to keep/withdraw sooner.

The bonus is structured so that if you add say $1000 to your account you get a $500 bonus making your account balance $1500. You can only lose/withdraw the extra $500 bonus once you have traded a total of 500 full lots ($50,000,000). If you only trade a total 450 lots and change/move/close the account you don’t get any of the bonus. You only get it once you have traded the full 500 lots.

What I have done is deposit to my account in $100 amounts each day which gives me a $50 bonus per deposit. Each time I trade 50 full lots I get to keep the $50 bonus. That way if I trade 450 lots then I will get to keep $450 of the bonus. Over the past 15 days I have deposited a total of $1500 giving me a total bonus of $750 in $50 lots. Each time I trade a total of 50 more lots, $50 more of the bonus is mine.
Just something to think about if you are going to open an account and even better if you follow Johnny’s advice and open a new account through the affiliate program. You then get 60% of you commissions back also! Not a bad deal really.

Anyway back on topic… My MS and BO results for last 2 weeks

MS 8%
BO 2.55%

Total 10.55% for two weeks. Could have been higher but have been building my account balance over those weeks too.

Will be moving some more money over from another account on Monday so should have a nice healthy balance for them to do their magic over the coming week. Fingers crossed.

Matt :slight_smile:

hi @ all,

when you use HF with an 2K Demo-acc it may be ok, but what if you want to invest 100K? do they have a deposit protection fund like european banks? as far as FPA goes, there are some fake reviews (2 word-by-word exact the same HF reviews from man and woman posted at the same time…), furthermore some complaints about server breakdown which caused a loss of money and so on. i am looking for an bulletproof broker, you see?

robert: with all your experience in mind (25 yrs.), why don’t you deposit 100, 1000, 10000 $ (real) and post some results or put an live-link in this forum, so that everybody can check out the real-performance?

i am impressed with the results johnny got, but i have also in mind, that he’s a pro. :wink:

so long, Alex

@ mrql

You have 100k to invest??

With regards to your comments on Robert and Johnny, If you were to spend the time and actually read the whole thread you would see the type of people that they are.

Correct me if im wrong but Johnny isnt a professional trader, more somone who started off like most of us and from what I can see has put a large amount of time and effort into learning and trading. He has no barrow to push and spends a lot of time providing information and his experience for others to evaluate, use etc. He seems more than happy to answer everyones questions etc and is very active in a number of threads.

As for Robert, I have a few EA’s that I run and from what I can tell he would have to be the most professional and helpful vendor that I have come across. He goes out of his way to help people, fully support his product and is a straight up person. The support provided by his company is second to none and should be highly commended.

I am a fair way away from most people in this forum (Im in New Zealand) yet the infomation, experience and knowledge that I have received from it has been a huge help with starting out in Forex Trading. It is because of the type of people that Johnny and Robert are, getting involved and providing huge amounts of information during their own time that I have been able to start trading. I know I have a long way to go however I feel that many noobie mistakes have been avoided because of people like Johnny who selflessly provide information.

MRQL, I would suggest that if you are that skeptical of the information and results provided then maybe you should not be investing 100k ??

My 2 cents worth,

Matt.

hi matt,

my post wasn’t any offence or whatsoever. when it comes to money, a little awareness and to ask some simple questions shouldn’t bother you or any other. i think the right questions and answers could be beneficial for all of us!!

as i stated before, i like robert and johnny for what they do, no doubt about that!!!

yes, 100K in the long run (1-2 yrs). i won’t go all in as a noob, for sure. :wink: but i don’t want to change broker and EA’s like my socks, neither should you.

also my 2 c.

Alex

Robert, thanks again for the clear and simple answers. Based on your commitment to continual development and willingness to bounce between multiple forums I am sure ill be watching your ea’s closely!

I’m trading the ea on a mini account. How do I change the lot size to at least 0.03 without losing all the other safety perameters? I simply love this EA

Hi MRQL
If I understand your question correctly, you were asking if your money on any brokers will be insured as it is in some banks (up to a certain amount). I was actually wondering the same thing, but haven’t looked into that matter, as I won’t go live before january.
However, what I do know is that the insured amount of banks is also a joke if you are loaded.
Even a Swiss Bank Account is insured only up to 100k, while in some other countries I often reside in, the insurance is as low as 10K! Now you could open as many bank accounts in different banks as needed to cover all of your liquid assets, but this will be to troublesome for most people. Lets not forget the most important thing: The whole financial system including Banks, Stocks, Currencies and especially the Fiat-Money System is completely based on trust.
However, I know very well that especially in times like these it is very hard to trust that system… In my humble opinion it is unwise to hold too much cash, no matter if the financial market is in turmoil or not. (Sidenote: I am not a financial advisor or anything like that… just an area of interest for me)
So please allow me to continue on my 2 cents as well: I guess you have several possibilities:

• continue as you have until now.
  • you don’t trust the broker but anyone else: don’t deposit money to the broker.
  • you don’t trust banks but you trust in the monetary system: empty all your accounts and put it in a vault or in your matraze;)
    -you don’t believe the monetary system either: buy physical assets with your cash (in that case Forex would probably be the wrong playing field anyway;))
    -or you do a mix of the above

After reading your post, it is not quite sure (and not really in my business…) if you are already holding the cash, that you wish to invest in forex, or if you plan to invest only a fraction of the mentioned 100k and compound the profits up to your goal for the next 1-2 years of 100k?
If the second one is the case than you could look at it this way: lets say you start with 10k in forex and you compound it up to 100k, you could at that point take off your initial 10k investment to be at “break-even”. Everything you still have left on your brokers account, from a purely investment-point of view, rather than a "i-put-a-s*itload-of-work-into-this"point of view, is a pure win;) If you continue in forex with your Risk management in tact, I don’t see a reason why to be worried too much… Obviously, as you do spread you liquid funds over several bank accounts, you should consider spreading your forex money over different brokers, once you reached a certain level (I just started out on Forex and I am far from this…)

Risk Management is not only useful in forex but with your earnings and spendings, with your liabilities and assets in real life as well…

I know this still doesn’t answer our question if brokers are insured and up to what amount… and I am afraid I still don’t know that either, hahaha, but once I know I am happy to share it… as a matter of fact, this post refreshed my interest in this topic and I might look into it earlier than January;)

to bring this post back, closer into the topic of this thread: If last week’s performance of this EA is holding up over a longer period of time, I am strongly considering moving some funds from a bank account over to the broker to be used with this BOT!I think it is more than realistic that this bot is grossing more than the lousy 0.5-2% interest of the bank account.

I apologize if this post has been kidnapping the topic of the thread a little, but I did, however, feel the urge to answer to MRQL

So long
Fredy

Hello Christopha,
You can change the settings of the lots:
If you want automatic Money management, change the values under UseLotsPercent for each TF.
If you want fixed lots, change the values on the fixed lots fields, and turn the MM to False.
Either way, unless you are trading too hard, all other features remain the same.
If you need further assistance send me an email and we’ll look into your particular case.

Regarding brokers safety, my take is not to leave an excessive amount with anyone at any time.
Check your brokers credentials with this Forum, the FPA, etc., and if you don’t find anything alarming, it should be fine.
Nonetheless, if your account is too big for comfort, split it into more than one broker and get a better night sleep.
The same applies to banks. It is ok to be careful, but try not to get too worked up to the point where you cannot function well, doing what you want to do.

MrQL after writing my last post I wrote an Email to HotForex concerning our question

They answered me and sent me the following link (not sure if I can post that)

Online Forex Brokers - Hot Forex - Security of Funds

so the money we deposit there, will be in bank accounts. Now we just need to know if the mentioned banks ar insured and up to which amount…

so long

Hi Everyone

I bought master scalper about six weeks ago. The after sales help has been great.

I am looking at running the EAs on a VPS, on demo untill I get the hang of it, as I don’t like the idea of leaving my computer running 24/7. Has anyone got any advice on which server to use? I live in the UK, and use Oanda at the moment. I have asked Oanda for advice on servers, but they can’t give me any advice on this matter.

SmartFX (thanks John) wants to set up a remote session with me, but I want to get everything up and running so that I do not waste to much of their time.

Regards
Kev

Hi Kevin,
There are a few good vps services in the UK. I use Netcetera, pretty good.

In regards to the large amount of money in the broker account. You could deposit less than the full capital you are working with.
For example if your forex allocated funds equals 100k than you could deposit 20k and trade based on a 100k amount, just be prepared to make a deposit if you feel it necessary.

@fred thanks for the link

Hi Fred,

i already have the money but i am also a “wise” investor. Until i get bulletproof informations how the capital in insured, i won’t invest even 1K. you shoudn’t neither. the key to wealth is to look even at cents (!) to preserve your capital. the european funds are more than just words. even when the bank collapses, then the state has to pay you, for instance.

HF says they have banks covering the money? well, lets see who are the banks. i can build my own bank, so…

EAs may be a start, but you have to look how they are working and then learn to do it without them. yesterday i learned about fibonacci, but i think the only thing that matters is PA (price action).

so long, Alex

The combo is continuing to perfom well and the following screenshot represents (almost) 1 month trading a live account. For me I think Robert and his team have been excellent and I plan to run it for another couple of months before depositing a more significant sum into the account.

Hi Alex,

Nice to see those gains with the EAs. I also think Robert and his team have been doing a great job. Kudoos to Johnny and his thread too! I think your conservative approach to funding the account is smart.

Happy Trading!!

Hi Robert
Thanks for the reply. I will look into Netcetra.
Do you know if netcetra is compatible with Oanda.

Regards
Kev

Hi there
I suggest you, as a wise investor, to read the link I provided…which is only for Hotforex! If you want to get info for your due diligence, I suggest you to contact brokers yourself. I appreciate your concern for my investments, but Im fine;)

Yes you may try open your own bank, but the headaches with the banking commission until you may or may not receive your license might put you off;) I do, however, agree that it is crucial to do a throughout due diligence in any investment.

Advice from more experienced traders than me, is to learn as much as you can about manual trading before looking for EAs… I finished the baby pips school, and after that I decided to do the manual-learning and the EA parallel…

Cheers
fredy

Hi,

i won’t setup my own bank, that was just an example… there are trustworthy banks and others.

Alex

Hi people… I`m not going very good.
My EUR/AUD started 3 buying trades today and its going to high drawdown but now it showing “no trade day”, should I close the trades ? or wait ?

I`m from Brasil… need I set any gmt config ir its really automatic ?

Best regards