Smart FX Technology

I think, i have found the answer to my question from Johny’s stats above. The answer is -it should work.

Greetings traders. Just bought this EA (based on the content of this thread - thanks johnnykanoo and Robert and others). Am looking forward to the dialogue going forward.

So some of you may have seen my post earlier about being down .5 percent after being in this for a month. Well as of yesterday, things have changed. I had the guys @ Smart FX set this EA up for me but apparently there was an issue with adjusting the lot sizes to what they were supposed to be with my trader - MB Trading. They went back in and checked things out and after fixing the lot sizes I am a very happy man. Just wanted to let you guys know I am already up from -0.5 to +0.77 gain over 24 hours :slight_smile: I’ll report back again in a month to tell you guys what the gain has been. Hoping for an avg 5% per month.

Hi guys

Just wandering if anyone had an issue with hotforex last night, as it crashed my mt4 and also could not get onto their website. Shame is that I was $30 up on running trades but noticed on my phone that they weren’t closing themselves so jumped onto the vps to find the live mt4 wasn’t running. After restarting the bots picked up again but I think got a bit out of sync, as I was on a sell on eurgbp which dropped in price but the trade didnt reflect the drop, I lost $100 last night. It could just have been a blip but just thought id ask as it seemed to be strange last night.

Thanks Fraz

@AutoTradeMe: is MB Trading a good broker? how low have you been there? :slight_smile: not sure if i go with dukascopy or mb.

Is that what happened? Woke up this morning and checked myfxbook and saw the bot had incurred a loss of 160 pips during the nite. I dont recall having such a large loss on this bot before.
Have to check the MT4 logs on my VPS when I get home, could be Hot Forex messed up last nite… if so, then they owe me 160 pips shakes fist!

Nope…check myfxbook of Robert…same losses so this has nothing to do with the connection. Btw my 3 mt4 hot forex platforms all were running this morning. It’s scalping: small profits and now and then big losses, handle your emotions:)

Concerning the last occured losses and this morning chf pairs move you see volume is already getting extreme thin which produces massive moves. I decided therefore to shut down the robots after this week and come back only after 16 January. I’m trading for quit some years now and I know how tempting it is to trade, make money, etc…

Do as you will, just my 2 cents.

Further on I can only say these ea’s are amazing, I made a massive profit trading them on three account of a total 5 digit equity.

Thanks!

Hi Kitetrader,
Thanks for the good comments on the trading of December.
Just for everyone’s info, the EAs are going to automatically stop trading from Dec. 22nd, thru Jan 5th.

yea we hit a little losing streak but I notice my fxbook has way more green numbers than red numbers :smiley:

@fraz I didn’t notice any problems with mine

Sorry I haven’t been around. Its been crazy around here!

Yeah, far more green numbers than red. Been a nice and rather smooth ride so far, was more of a shock to see several red numbers after one another. Couldnt remember that from this bot, MDP and FG, sure but this? nah… cant be :slight_smile:

Last trading day for me is this upcomming friday Dec 16. Wont turn on my RL plattform untill Jan 16. Who knows, maybe this Euro mess is over by then.

@Kitetrader: please be so kind and show some of your gains. 5 digits is impressive. :wink:

mrqi, I think if you re-read it Kitetrader states equity not gains

Guys, I just started out and I’m curious if there is a way to tighten up the stop losses? Or would this damage the system? The only thing I’m noticing that I don’t like is that after a loss, it takes 5+ straight wins in a row to break even. Would it be more beneficial to tighten up stop losses so we don’t have to climb out of such a hole, before getting back into profits?

alexsd, you are right but 5 digits means nice gains, isn’t it? :wink:

Fraz yes same here! Was manually trading when I had a disconnection… after maybe 3-5 minutes later I was back in though!

WOW just came home and checked myfxbook… count me in on the losses today… went from 18% down to 9% ouch! but hey… even 9% is not bad at all!

In the new version 7.1.8 Stop Losses have been tightened to the maximum.
Any further tightening and you will not have the chance to offset the spreads. You need leeway, cannot choke the pairs. Otherwise you will be creating your own losses all the time.
Just have patience when the SL comes, it’s the way the strategy works…
The EA has been doing great!

True, but in the end you should check your profit in % to see were you’re going.

Few notes though, unfortunatelly when you trade bigger lotsize the fills are not so well compared to smaller lotsizes. We have to work with brokers and they are all thieves. Further on you need a heart of steel sometimes, control emotions and we humans can’t control our emotions very well when lotsizes increases to a couple of lots/trade although % of equity risk in the trade is the same. (good for losing weight:))

MRQL, I saw your other posts in other threads as well, please don’t take this as an offense but you give me the shivers when I read the amount of money you’re planning to invest and the same time just learned about fibb levels.

This is really no offense but a honest move of me to protect your capital. Why should I do that…well everybody pays a learning fee in Forex…EVERYBODY. SO DID I. It takes time to become profitable, for one more then for another. Remember only 5% of retailtraders are profitable. I have 5 acounts with 3 different brokers, 3 of them running these robots, 2 small accounts default settings 1 big account after winning confidence but reduced risk and I also trade manual on this account as well as another automated system. So my open and honest advice for you is to start with a humble $1000 to run the combo for a couple of months and use another account with another broker with a humble $500 for manual trading microlots if desired.

If I can help you out on any matter just let me know, I will be more then happy to help you and hopefully reduce your learning fee to a minimum.

Kitetrader

-112 pips on Break Hunter… close or let it running ? Its against the trend… now is time to buy and its selling.
:frowning:

I went back through the results for days trolling through this thread and ultimately decided to NOT install the EUR/USD or USD/JPY bots. I’m sure others will disagree, but the stat’s speak for themselves. I just believe the results are MOSTLY negative from everyting I’ve seen. I am basiing this off the collective information on this thread. The results for all the other bots are fantastic though! I just think until EUR/USD and USD/JPY is ‘revamped’ I will stay away. It does seem like once in a while the EUR/USD trendhunter comes through with a big score, but more often than not I am seeing negative #'s.