Smart FX Technology

Hi Kitetrader!

What is your real name please? Thank you very much for your kind answer. You are right, sometimes i am going to fast “all in” because i am blinded by the chance to become wealthy. :wink: But in this case, i know that forex is the biggest challenge in trading! And thats why i love it, even if i am very shortly in this game. I love the challenge! :slight_smile: Well, i will start with only 1-3K and try to trade, learn from it and so on. Demo ist not useful i think. Furthermore i think that todays’ EAs are very useful to start with Forex. You can watch them and learn from the decisions they make.

Thanks again, when i need your help i will get back on you :wink:

kind regards, Alex

This message is for Robert and his team.
After buying and installing the system a couple of days ago only 7 trades have been opened so far (4 closed all with losses). This is a lot different to Johny’s results on his myfx stats. Could you or anyone from your team help me to verify settings? I have sent my contact details to your PM. Thank you.

I actually take this back after further looking into this. I stick my guns that USD/JPY is way more often in the RED than not, but EUR/USD trend hunter for ‘short’ positons seems to be pretty accurate. I think ONLY the LONG positions only were more often than not in the red.

Considering how EURUSD has been dropping, the Shorts should be more than the Longs.

Happy Trading!!

I am glad I am not the only one experiencing negative performance. BH has been shoking recently buying at the highs and selling at the lows… I could do that myself manually :wink:

Still in the green overall but a bit of a shame. I think I will be shutting down at the end of the week too. I thought strong directional moves were the bread and butter of BH. I can understand the scalpers not doing so well. Sometimes I feel the entry paramaters could be improved.

Oct-Nov was very good for uj up about 7% November - present has lost almost 8%
If anything I would run uj with reduced risk

eu has struggled through November to the present with a -5.02 % but overall since OCT to present eu is up just about 12%
For me the bottom line is these pairs are experiencing drawdown but it could be just an end of year thing and if you completely stop trading them than you will not know when they start winning again, which could happen at any time especially if euro zone can clean up her act.

The rest of the year will probably be break even at best, this is of course my opinion but I wouldn’t make any permanant decisions based on these markets. I would wait and see how it plays out with reduced risk even .5% just a token amount to keep your data flowing.

The point is, for me, that we did not have lack of direction. The direction was clear and the trend strong but the trades were entered on the wrong side! If the Eurozone cleans up their act, will we see BH shorting the Euro on lows?

Then why trade them?

Probably reducing the non performing would be the solution

Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining. The investment I have made here turns out to be not the EA in itself but Robert and the team. Their customer service skills and participation with the clients have been superb and, as long as that continues and the overall number is green and not red, I can see me being a lifelong customer of theirs.

I just wanted to mention that performance has declined and perhaps there is something that could be improved by observing why and how
:wink:

Yes, I agree… Robert what happen with the Break Hunter this times ?

Hello Traders,
Once again, when the Master Scalper has drawdown the Breakout Hunter hedges it and makes back the losses.
In my account that is what happened this week.
I am enclosing the stat and link to Forex Verified, which is running an independent test with default values.

Breakout Hunter 001 Performance Test
Week-By-Week Results
Week Starting Trades Profit % Net Pips Max Drawdown
Dec 11, 2011 9 1.09% 109.5 2.12%
Dec 04, 2011 9 4.10% 399.4 2.12%
Nov 27, 2011 5 -0.25% -22.7 2.01%
Nov 20, 2011 10 -0.76% -50.6 1.60%
Nov 13, 2011 11 0.93% 97.3 2.25%
Nov 06, 2011 19 1.25% 146.7 2.28%
Oct 30, 2011 31 -4.08% -406.2 7.81%
Oct 23, 2011 12 -3.12% -314.6 5.93%
Oct 16, 2011 23 1.52% 151.3 2.12%
Oct 09, 2011 11 0.48% 44.9 2.09%

Trying to outguess and tweak the EAs based on what happened last week is not going to work next week.
This has been the case year in and year out.
When I read the discussions of tweaking based of a few weeks results I just shake my head and know that sooner or later the same will happen. The BH will come in and hedge the scalper just at the right time, so your overall drawdown is basically zero. It happened in April and May, and it is happening again.
But if you took the BH and whatever other pairs offline “until they look better”, well, you may have just missed the move.

For a complete picture I am also including the stats on the Master Scalper from the same independent testing site, where right now we rank as the 4th best percentage producing EA in the market. Let’s hope it continues…

Master Scalper 001 Performance Test
Week-By-Week Results
Week Starting Trades Profit % Net Pips Max Drawdown
Dec 11, 2011 49 0.94% 101.7 3.05%
Dec 04, 2011 43 0.44% 128.3 2.95%
Nov 27, 2011 49 2.29% 112.8 2.83%
Nov 20, 2011 53 0.69% 37.5 3.29%
Nov 13, 2011 71 0.82% 130.9 3.39%
Nov 06, 2011 92 6.56% 458.9 4.59%
Oct 30, 2011 88 -4.24% -63.6 9.96%
Oct 23, 2011 104 6.68% 320.4 6.98%
Oct 16, 2011 109 0.17% -185.6 5.34%
Oct 09, 2011 119 5.26% 401 6.20%

All the best,
Robert

Regarding the discussion about the BH and MS. I have only been running this for 6 weeks demo and 1 month live, but in that time I have gained confidence that the 2 work as a ‘package’ and that ultimately over a longer period of time (annual) you would see stronger gains with the package as opposed to running just the MS. I am not saying the MS would not be profitable alone but I just think it is stronger with the hedging of the BH.

I also have great confidence that Robert & co are not just selling the BH just to make an extra 50 bucks or so and they also genunly believe it complements the MS.

Given this belief and the excellent default money management settings I really think we should all just show patience and that this package of tools may well be our vehicle to a sustainable source of pips for a long time to come.

Thanks to all for this thread being a great read.

Hi Robert, so your advice is to keep all EA scalpers and BH running ?
I understand you said about hedge each other but… looks like BH is eating the profit.
Can you try to get BH a little better ? In Avg. loose trades it loose more pips than in avg. wins.
So what is the point ?

Best regards

I’m beginning to see parallels of this thread with a forum thread I read for a local hockey team I follow. When we win, the coach and team are our best friends. When we lose, we’re ready to replace the coach and/or team. When actually hockey has a long season. I’ve been testing these EA’s for a few months now on different broker demo’s. I’ve finally found the broker that I hope will work for me. I’ve been testing for the last month and will go live after the first. I’ve set reasonable goals using the new functions in myfxbook and appear on track even with the losses that have occurred. I prefer to do this than ride the roller coaster. That would just drive me crazy.

I’m not saying this to say this is how everybody should be. But when people start asking to change how the EA is done when there are people like me that are fine with it, I just want to show my support to Robert and co that I’m happy with it.

Agree with all you say. Incidentally, out of interest which broker have you finally decided on?

I tested Hotforex, IBFX, Oanda, and MBTrading. No issues with Hotforex. It probably would have worked for me. I had major problems with Oanda, and sporadic problems with IBFX. I started to test MBTrading a little later than the others. Mainly due to the recommendations of Robert. Not particularly MBT but ECN’s in general. I chose MBT because the growth seems less sporadic than the others and umm because they are located only a couple hours away. Which doesn’t mean anything other than I’m human :wink: I would like to say that I’m really happy with the new “Goals” function in myfxbook. It helps me keep things real.

Please don’t think that this means the other brokers aren’t worthy. Issues could have been as simple as connectivity or a bad installation. I’m a tad superstitious on this so I moved on when something didn’t seem right. Sorry if this post was off topic.

The point is, for me, that we did not have lack of direction. The direction was clear and the trend strong but the trades were entered on the wrong side! If the Eurozone cleans up their act, will we see BH shorting the Euro on lows?

[QUOTE]I am glad I am not the only one experiencing negative performance. BH has been shoking recently buying at the highs and selling at the lows… I could do that myself manually

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

[/QUOTE]
Okay first off the name of this particular ea is [B]breakout[/B] hunter. You don’t have abreak out at the middle of a range do you?

Then why trade them?

I agree. take a break sure, but don’t give half your portfolio the axe based on december results.

Also I got to agree with Robert how do people make decisions based on even 60 days of data? Its not how to succeed with ea’s. Ea’s are best judged by long term results. Unfortunately I really only have 3 months of data and that is not enough for me, however based on those small 3 months I can say bh is an overall winner. uj is too, or at least it is break even.

Probably reducing the non performing would be the solution

At least by doing that you can make intelligent decisions based on more data.

I just wanted to mention that performance has declined and perhaps there is something that could be improved by observing why and how

I disagree completely. Performance is as steady as ever so far. Again only 3 months data. I’ll be gald to confirm this time next year.

I would just like to say. that all the help everyone is getting is not because it is on the babypips forum.

I bought the breakout hunter and master combo a couple of months ago from the advice of Jonnykanoo. The help that I have had (especially John smartfx) has been tremendous. Yesterday John spent about an hour setting me up with my vps by remote control. This is the second remote session that I have had. Smartfx have spent around six hours helping me out, and have always been quick to respond.

I have now purchased another combo at 50% of the original purchase price one is on hotforex, and the other is on oanda both on demo untill after the new year.

Thanks once again Smartfx and Jonnykanoo

regards
Kevin

tberry61: thank you very much for you valuable information. a good broker is essential, especially when it comes to scalping!! so every info is worth gold! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the replies, and for Johnnykanoo and Robert for contributing, and in return of my questions. As for now, I switched off EURCHF and USDJPY from the scalping pairs I’m running Master Scalper on. Swissy because of the current range, closeness of that 1.2 and recent activity of SNB, Yen is also a bit nervous, as we all can see occasional interventions, and the legendary very low rates. However EURAUD, EURCAD, EURGBP are performing nicely with MS.
Robert, the dual entry on EURAUD is normal, or simply should I tweak it to enter with M1 settings only? Actually I’ve done the tweak, and rose the percent value a bit. Johnnykanoo, your settings on MS are absolutely factory ones?

good luck and good trading

Hello pittike
The EurAud double entry, same as EurCad, are necessary. Changing them will alter the behavior and strategy considerably.

May I add my 2 cents?
This week my profits went up to 18% and yesterday down to 9%… today they are up to almost 15%…

Im still on my first month, and it is still too early to sum things up - I like Johnnykanooo’s view on that… maybe this time next year Ill be able to have more accurate info on the reliability of this bot… However, after this short time, I feel good enough to go life with this EA by around February. Around January 8th I will test it on Demo for 3 weeks, before deciding…

I might be very new to forex and trading as a whole, but I am NOT that newly into investments…
And to be very honest, as long as this EA is earning me 3% a month, I am very happy with it! Especially considering how little work is involved in keeping this bot up and running…
If I can get anywhere near 10% a month consistently, then I would consider this piece of software about as valuable as a Goldbar-****ting-donkey!

If you’re into numbers (which obviously need to be taken with some humour in the field of trading)
Lets say I start with a 5000USD Life account and lets assume this lovely sub200 dollar slave, working for me 24/5, is grossing me 15% per month… after 3 years of compounding, this EA will earn a hundred grand every single month! You don’t even need to supervise this free-employee, and you don’t need to whip this slave to keep it going… pretty easy money in my opinion! PLUS: it has the nice benefit of NOT exploiting a Race or whatever as a real slave would;)
(again this looks nice on the spreadsheet… but if the reality can get us anywhere near that, we should be happy monkey all over!)

PS: I hope this will not start a firesquad of posts about slavery and what not… Just wanted to make a point on how thankful we should be on having a robot doing all the work for us…

Sincerely
Fredy