Smart FX Technology

HI Robert,
could you give the comment on IBFX australia broker and ForexVPS with your EA? I wrote email to your customer support days ago, unfortunately, there is no any feedback until now!

I am located in Singapore, and have many experience with above broker and VPS provider. but do not know whether your EA can work with them well or not.

thanks

thanks tradingshed, I will try to analyze according to your instruction here.

I had the same issue so just signed up with netcetera - they have a one month trial for a quid so if it doesn’t work out the worst that can happen is you’re down a pound. As I say I haven’t really got going with them just yet so cant comment further. hope this helps

v useful for the uk spreadbetters - i have loaded the mb presets thanks. I have just signed up with alpariUK spreadbetting on demo and will be running the EAs so may compare notes with you during 2012 as i understand from one of your posts that you use gkfx? how have you found them to be?

Hi Hector,
Sorry you did not get an email answer. I do not show any unanswered email, maybe we did not receive it, who knows…
Anyway, IBFX works fine, as long as you stay away from their own vps service (Paladin), with the weird uploading tools that get in the way of uploading your EA setup file. If your vps is just a normal vps, it should work fine.
There are other brokers that will get better results with our EAs, but it will work.

Hi Johnny,

I know the feeling all to well. Decided to add the MS to my manual demo trading account. Deactivated calendar and news and let it run. Sorry Robert, just needed to do it. It has really taken off. Again, like you, I like to play “What if…” and this just fueled the fire. :slight_smile: Looking forward to see how it runs tomorrow then the real fun begins next week.

Happy Trading!

I’m glad I’m not alone!

Anyway I feel that broker and ea go hand in hand so yea it is totally appropriate to discuss those matters here. If you feel put off by hf than don’t give it another thought. I’m sure there are other suitable brokers that meet your needs.

As far as Ducas goes I think you can use mt4 with “bridging” software. I almost went with them a while ago but I was put off by the no mt4 thingy.

MBT may be a great choice who knows, but whoever you go with please do keep us updated.

Every day is a day closer to live trading again. My God I really am an addict! I may even go buy a powerball ticket or some scratch tickets ha!ha!ha! just kidding.

Candlesurfer,
GKFX are great, excellent service and good results with the EAs. Also, I have just found out you can have up to 5 separate accounts with them, (I prefer multiple small accounts to one larger one) and opened a second one.
Which VPS do you use? Very happy to compare notes!

I looked at the GKFX site and noticed it looked a lot like Smart Live Markets (who I had traded with previously). I had one hell of a bad time with Smart Live Markets with requotes and two awful occasions when I and a lot of others lost money due to a freezes on their price feed - they only compensated the first few complaints and everyone else just got told to not use EAs as they cannot be held responsible.

Anyway I looked up SLM just now, guess what? They’ve rebranded to GKFX!!! Maybe an attempt to shake off some of those bad reviews. They are a spreadbetting market maker and are not suited to scalping. They may be ok for long term position trades but steer clear of scalping, especially with these EAs.

Look up Smart Live Markets on the review sites! You have been warned.
Pay the tax and use an ECN :slight_smile:

Hi Johnny,

You mentioned you were testing another EA, care to share which one?

Like you I believe in a diversified account so am always checking out other options. Currently running Smart FX, Wallstreet and Forex Flow.

Thanks, Matt.

Sorry Arbolive,

I have been using my phone to access babypips so not had a chance to test the server response until now. Anyhow i am averaging 7ms after a few tests.

Fraz

Ha ha - this is exactly how I am feeling right now!

I am giving up on one EA (even though it has made money for me I just find it’s floating DD unnecessarily stressful - ForexGale) and I am considering trying Oddbot but if you have heard good things about another EA I would be interested in checking that out before I make a decision.

They are the same, recently rebranded. I have been trading with them (manually first and EAs after) for a while and never had any problems.

I had one hell of a bad time with Smart Live Markets with requotes and two awful occasions when I and a lot of others lost money due to a freezes on their price feed - they only compensated the first few complaints and everyone else just got told to not use EAs as they cannot be held responsible.

I have live accounts with 5 CFD & Spreadbetting companies and SmartLive/GKFX are the ONLY ONES so far where I had no problems with. Slippage and requotes are far better than FXCM (actually never had any). Try to trade around news with FXCM :58:

They are a spreadbetting market maker and are not suited to scalping. They may be ok for long term position trades but steer clear of scalping, especially with these EAs.

They are a bucket shop. That is a fact. Also spreads are not the best in the market. But they are constant :slight_smile: Also, they make no secret of not liking scalpers and when I asked, they have a strict policy. However, no bucket shop like scalpers.
Unfortunately, so far, no ECN offers Spreadbetting. All I do is I do not choose hardcore scalpers in my portfolio.

I am aware I will never be able to use an EA like MDP, Thor or anything that requires extreme high speed execution.
And I am not going to. MS & BH are very fine as they do not seem to be “in and out in 1 minute” EAs.

Pay the tax and use an ECN :slight_smile:

I thought of that but if you think that tax could be as high as 40%, I would rather lower my expectation somewhat on the EAs performance but keep 100% of the profits.

HI Robert,
thanks! I wrote email to you with <[email protected]> provided on your promotion website on 28 Dec 2011.
anyway, there might be some unknown issue for this email.

from your comment, other broker, rather than IBFX, may have the better results
factors will decide your EA can work out better results with certain broker? then I may tried to explore.
Does your EA have special request to the spread? and others?

+1
hahaha thats exactly how I feel as well;)

I hope all of you had a great christmas.
After some time with my family, I am starting to pick up on forex again.
On January 9th I will start my professional-Demo-Manual-Trading career;) and Im so excited!
Furthermore, I’ve set up my Hotforex Live account to go live with our beloved smartFx EA, but they seem to have some system issues currently, as I cannot charge up my account, using a credit card. But the support has been very helpful so far.

May we all get our long deserved daily dose of trading very soon. I think 2012 will be a great year!

@tradingshed: you say that you don’t pay your taxes on a public forum?

Hello Hector,
All scalping strategies depend heavily on the spreads you get from your broker.
It is VERY important to get good spreads, good execution, no requotes, basically decent broker services.

Please check on the names that traders usually quote here in the forum, since they have been tried and tested.
While IBFX would work fine, other options will be better. We prefer ECN or STP brokers, and among those, stick with the best only.

It is worth our while to work hard at choosing our broker, and even go thru the inconvenience of moving our accounts if we decide that we can do better, at least in a particular strategy.
After all, that is our only job, to put the EA to trade in the best possible environment. After that, the robot takes over and our job is done… let’s get our part right…

:58: :eek: did not say that. Google the term spreadbetting.

Following inquires from forum readers, I thought it would be useful to post these remarks on backtesting our EAs:

• Turn the News Filter to False, since it would give you all kinds of mistakes, when it backtests at all.
  • Turn IgnoreDateFilter= False, since a 3 years test that bypasses the same Date, on the wrong year, is just inaccurate.
  • Turn “SeparateStops”= False, it will save you a lot of time in the backtest.
  • To make the report accurate you need also to allow for Daylight Savings time. The winter time, where we are now is wrong in a multi-year test, since two thirds of the year are on DST (trading times 19:30 to 23:59 gmt is a winter schedule, the DST schedule is 18:30 to 22:59 gmt).
    While the best would be to make independent tests for each time season, if you want to run a multi-year test you need to use the DST schedule, so at least you would be accurate 2/3 of the months. Otherwise you would make March thru Novermber of your 3 years backtest, trade right thru the Australian reports time – definitely not a scalping time. You need to test it to one hour before, according to DST schedule, and trading the proper scalping session. The winter months will have less trading hours, but at least will not conflict with the Australian/Japanese reports schedule.
    If you need more info on how to backtest our robots, please contact us by email.

New to VPS but have signed up with netcetera as thrustvps seem fully subscribed. As a newbie found v easy to set up and they have a trial offer of the first month for a quid so noting to lose really. So far so good but time will tell. I will post myfxbook feed and my set up of netecetera / Alpari will be interesting as a comparison with GKFX/ not sure of your VPS?