Smart FX Technology

I am with tradingshed on this. If used sensibly spreadbetting offers benefits that easily outweigh any negatives. If you believe the news this is just about the only benefit of being a UK citizen these days…

My Hotforex demo accounts seem to be struggling?!
System Time is frozen at 23:58:01 on my demo accounts (VPS and Home Computer as well)
Anyone else experiencing this?
Is it a new years eve thing or what? :wink:
No Big deal as Im not trading today anyways… but I would assume the brokers to keep their systems running during holidays? Im just a bit extra cautious as I am just about to transfer some money to my first (hotforex) live account… want to make sure it is in good hands;)

Fredy

Hi Fredy,

As I am sure you know, the trading week runs from Sunday 5 pm EST (10:00 pm GMT) and closes on Friday 5 pm EST
(10:00 pm GMT).

Your system being stuck at 23.58.01 might have been a drop in your internet connection at that time and it started up after the market closed for the week. It could have been an issue with your brokers feed. Not quite sure what the issue is but it should all start back up on Sunday.

Happy Trading!

Hi Fredy,
Not to worry, my Hotforex MT4 is also stopped at that time.
Hotforex is GMT +2, so the closing time for Fridays is 23:59, HF time. (your clock is just a couple of minutes off…)
Other brokers have different Friday’s closing times depending on their broker GMT difference.
Like vincejg327 says, it will start back up on Sunday.

Happy New Year everyone!!! :41:

Thankfully this period of trading abstinence is nearly over. I am very thankful this year for finding this website and this group of people. I actaully broke the rules and ran my favourite 3 (EUR/AUD, EUR/CAD and EUR GBP) over the holiday period and they all performed extremely well.

Looking forward to 2012 and the longer I use this EA on live the more the ‘what if’s’ run into my head…If this EA does half as well as it did through Nov-Dec '11 over '12 then it will be a fantastic year.

Happy Hogmanay to all.

Oh I see, I actually never noticed that before, it does that every weekend?
thanks for easing my mind on that;)

haha thanks Vince! I am, indeed aware of that, however as I am shaking like a crackw**re because I couldn’t do any trading for such a long time, I actually wasn’t aware that it is weekend right now!:wink:

I never noticed that the broker-time just stops during weekends, and thought it has something to do with the year change or what not… especially since it “froze” on 2 different machines (VPs and home computer…)
Well, happy I could learn one more thing before the year changed (already 2012 here)
so happy new year everybody! I think 2012 will be an amazing year, and might be fueling my dreams even more;)

Hi Fredy,

We are all going through withdrawals and can’t wait to get our next fix.

Enjoy the festivities there. I will when it reaches here.

Happy New Year to All!

Happy Trading!

Great thread. I think that this is the first time that I have found a discussion about an EA that 1) the ea seemed to work and 2) didn’t break down to name-calling.

quick question, In order to be profitable with this ea, do I need to have it on all the time (trade all markets) or can I just turn it on for the us and/or london sessions?

thanks,

Just “Set it…and forget it”. If I’m not mistaken, the different pairs trade at different markets. That’s what I like about these EA’s. They know when to work.

Tim

Hi HTIMSWELA,

Welcome to the thread.

This EA does work and we as a group respect each others opinions and points-of-views.

Robert from SmartFX Technologies have told us the MS and BH should run together as when one is not in the money, the other will likely be. Still, there are members of the thread who have not run certain pair(s) and are happy. As for myself, I follow what JohnnyKanno, the gentleman who started this thread, discussed earlier in the thread. I run both MS & BH and adjust the risk on each EA of a pair accordingly. If a pair is performing well, I raise the risk (LotPcnt). Likewise, if the pair is underperforming I lower the risk (LotPcnt). I allow both EAs to run as they have been programmed.

[B]A word of caution about adjusting the LotPcnt. The number is not the Risk Percentage but a Factor that the EA uses to calculate the total risk. So “5” is not 5% Risk. Use care when adjusting it.[/B]

I am not sure if there is a setting to allow it to run only during those sessions. Robert will likely have the answer for you about that.

Happy Trading!

Hi traders,
Happy 2012, let’s make it the best yet!

Hi Htimsxela,
The Winter trading schedule is as follows:
Master Scalper:
EurChf: 17:00 to 24:00 GMT
UsdJpy: 19:30 to 23:00 GMT
EurGbp: 19:00 to 24:00 GMT
EurAud: 16:00 to 22:00 GMT
EurCad: 19:30 to 24:00 GMT
While you could choose to turn off the computer at other times, you should check that you do not have hanging positions that occur from time to time.

Breakout Hunter:
EurUsd: 10:00 to 19:30 GMT and 2:00 to 4:30 GMT, with some interruptions to avoid US news reports times.
On the BH you really need to stay on 24 hours.

Many traders who find it a burden to keep their computers on 24 hours get a VPS. In this rented computer server you have your MT4 running 24 hours, without having to worry about the schedule, and you can log in from your PC whenever you are curious about how things are going, but knowing that the EA does everything on its own, and that the VPS has virtually 99.99% up time, no worries…

hi robert,

i wonder if the admins of the vps can look in our accounts. i think that might be an issue.

regards
alex

Hi mrql,
Most VPS companies are not related to brokers, so they could not care less about our accounts.
Normal VPS are password protected, completely private servers.
But your concern is valid, since many brokers run their own VPS services, and add simplistic uploading tools that make it impossible to upload setup files. While they intend to place the EAs in the proper folders (something the setup file will do anyway) this uploading devices really complicate things, many times having to ask the customer service guys to upload things for you, really unnecessary hassle. I also wonder about the security of my MT4 if it is sitting in a VPS run by the dealer. Although I have no reason to suspect foul play from any one broker-run VPS, I do not use them nor recommend them.

Happy New Year everybody!!!

My God I am so hung over!

happy new year!:slight_smile:

me too…

hi robert,

i have chosen an independent vps service. sure, i don’t want to use a broker-vps, too. my concern is, that even an independent service may be interested in our money making EAs. but maybe i am too nervous about this thing. :wink:

MRQL,

You should not be so nervous, i think you’ll find that anyone interested in the money making EAs can just purchase it from Robert’s website :slight_smile:

Happy new year

sure, but someone (admin) who checks out my vps is also able to steal my money, isn’t it?

If that is what you are worried about, you should check with your broker what is their policy on money transfers to any other bank account other than the one you have registered with them. You will most likely find that such thing is not possible. If you are still so worried, why not buy an extra desktop PC at home and let it run 24/7?

Hi Robert, what you think about FxPro Forex | Online Currency Trading Broker | Foreign Exchange Market and fxopen to use with your EAs. Anyone have tryed ?
Looks like good brokers.

Best regards

tradingshed, thank you :slight_smile: you are right, the broker knows your bank account, but what happens if the admin reads out your passwords and changes the bank account? it’s my first vps, you see. :wink:

robert, would this vps be sufficient:

1 CPU
1024 MB
50 GB
Microsoft Windows 2003/R2/2008/R2, Debian Linux
Parallels Plesk

which OS shall i choose please?