Smart FX Technology

Stick with windows 2003/2008 if you want to run MT4 and any EA’s.
Otherwise you have to be IT savy and sweet talk linux into running windows applications, not recomended (but possible…).
Other specs looks ok, its more than enough to run a simple MT4 instance.

Robert, a question on reducing risk levels

For [B]Master Scalper[/B] pairs the manual reads:
If you check the settings of the Money Management function, you will see that our
default setting is 4 for UsdJpy, as one example of the Master Scalper strategy. “4” is not
an expression of percentage but rather a co-efficient used to calcualte lot size.
It is the setting we use in our own Live trading accounts.
Profits are nice, losses are not overwhelming.
If you want to trade with a long term conservative objective, you could set it to 2.

For [B]breakout Hunter[/B] the manual reads:
If you check the settings of the Money Management function, you will see that our
default setting is 1 for EurUsd in the Breakout Hunter. “1” is not an expression of
percentage but rather a co-efficient used to calcualte lot size.
It is the setting we use in our own Live trading accounts.
Profits are nice, losses are not overwhelming.
If you want to trade with a long term conservative objective, you could set it to 2.

Can you confirm that in order to, say reduce my risk by 50%, I need to [B]reduce by half[/B] the master scalper numbers but I need to [B]double[/B] the Breakout hunter number?

It never hurts to ask for confirmation :wink:

-Hamno

Hello Traders,
Mrql, no one can change your bank account from your brokers data, it is not available from the MT4 itself, but from the broker’s website, for which you would have a different password, etc. One of the nice things about brokers having to follow anti-money-laundering rules is that they can only deposit money in the account of the owner. I have never heard of funds sent to someone else.
Like Helltopia said, the VPS setup you describe is fine, Windows 2003/2008.

Hamno, I think you caught us in a misprint. Just reduce everything by half, both the Master Scalper and the Breakout Hunter.
I’ll correct that in the manual. Thanks for bringing it up.

Felipabr, I have not used FxPro myself, so I cannot recommend it. They do have the MT4 and normal spreads, but I have no feedback to pass on to you. Maybe someone else can help on this one.

sorry robert… just remind me & all…what the best broker or u use for this system…tq:57:

Hey Robert sorry to bring it up again, but did your hotforex start running again this week as it’s supposed to?
both of my hotforex demo accounts are still stuck on last weeks 23:58:01 time although Im quite sure the markets are open now?:wink:
(same problem on my VPS AND Home computer)

This is really bugging me as I finally want to catch up with all the missed out daily doses of the holiday season hahaha
Anyone using hotforex having the same problems?

fredy

Hi Traders,
We are still on New Year’s break.
The EAs will start trading on the 6th., and for only a while, since Friday there is Non Farm Payroll report.
The full schedule will resume on Monday 9th. The beginning of the year is usually very volatile and unpredictable, best to wait it out.

Best brokers for our EAs are ECN brokers and some STP brokers. We like Hotforex, MB Trading, Pepperstone, etc.
It is very important that you get the right broker, particularly in a scalping strategy like ours.

oh finally that beloved market watch clock is ticking again…
I apologize for getting so nervous;)… they came back online as soon as the London session began.

finally, i can get back to what I love so much;)

fredy

robert, win 2003 or 2008? thank you! you are a great help :slight_smile:

Very wise! That’s what is attractive about EAs - they take human emotion out of the equation and run on logic.

I’ll be honest, if I was manually trading I would probably risk trading in the volatile beginning of the year just to be trading. Congratulations to Robert for creating an EA which simply doesn’t take that risk. The weakest link as ever is the human that overrides the no trade day function!

hi robert,

when i buy the master scalper via ebay, do you ship it or is it an download? i would like to start with trading at 9 th of jan. when you ship it to germany, it would take weeks to arrive.

Hi mrql,
Windows 2008 is what I have in my VPS.
If you buy thru eBay you have to wait for the shipment, and it might take a week or so to Germany.
If you want to start trading on the 9th, I suggest you use our website and get the download right away.
It is the exact same file… no reason to pay shipping or wait…

hi robert,

okay, i will look at your site. :slight_smile: and i choose WIN 2008.

I wouldn’t choose 2008 unless you have no choice. 2008 uses loads more resources than 2003 so you will end up paying more for the same performance and (i.e. you need more RAM/HDD space etc just to run the OS). I think Robert will confirm that the EA doesn’t care which OS you run.

thank you for your kind advice. you are right.

once again a question to robert:

right now i am opening an account at MBT. which live account currency shall i choose? i think euro is right? sorry for the stupid question :wink:

Good advice Spotdespot, the EA certainly does not care as long as you can run the MT4.

As an IT guy, I would go with Windows 2008R2. Windows 2008 does take more resources than 2003. However, 2003 is coming to end of life and will no longer be supported. It would be wiser to run on 2008R2 now than have some downtime to upgrade your system to it later.

Here is a link to the System requirements for Windows 2008. Yes it will run on 512 MB RAM but recommended is what I will be configuring my VPS to.

Happy Trading!

well, i have 1024 mb ram and 50 gig of space.

robert, please give me an advice which currency the live account should have. thx

well, when it comes to go live, some problems pop up :wink:

• is 1 gig of ram enough? what about the other specs?

• should i run an antivirus program on the vps?

• which vps is the best in europe?

please have a look at this picture and tell me if its ready to go this way:

• trading platform: why don’t choose “meta trader pay for limits” or else?

• unit size ok?

• leverage ok?

• currency ok?

thanks for any help fellas :slight_smile:

Hey guys. Im thinking about testing this one out. But which is it that you are using master scalper or breakout hunter? which is the best? and which is the best pair to run on?
Cheers

I understand where you are coming from (I work in IT too) but downtime is zero, whenever the change is made, as you can do it at the weekend. In the mean time you can avoid paying quite a bit more a month.

Hi SpotDespot,

True, but I am also looking at running multiple incidents of MT4. Added memory and storage will be important as well as greater bandwidth for me. As for cost, willing to pay for the service. It is more of a personal decision.

Happy Trading!