Smart FX Technology

Hi Nabil,

I didn’t get any trades either however I did notice that all the news during that time was “High” impact news and the EA’s don’t trade during hi impact news.

I’m not trading BH at the mo on my live account until it starts to pickup and have stopped USDJPY also. I am monitoring them on my demo account and will change my live account apron review.

Matt :slight_smile:

Questions for Robert @ Robert4SmartFxTechnology .

What is the R/R that the bot uses for trades? What kind of parameter is the bot using to determine stop-loss and can it be changed?

I understand this can effect its win rate but I for one would NOT be happy with a 200+ Pip loss when likely the targets in such a trade are probably 100 (speculating here), that is a negative R/R??? Is it supposed to let a trade go more than - 20% in the hole?

If the target was 200 pips, then some people might be okay with a 1:1 200 pip loss but I would not be, 2:1 trades at minimum is what I look for, and usually better so I would love to know if this bot is suitable for me and if not can it be TWEAKED to be suitable. (yes likely changing the settings means no guarantee of performance I’d be okay with it as long as I know what all its parameters were).

I’d also like to know if using trailing stops is possible, so you hit a target and instead of cutting it loose you trigger a trailing stop and try to let the profits run.

Thank you in advance for answering my concerns, very interested in the EA.

One more question, are all of the parameters changeable? Also, can you run more than one instance of the program?

The reason I ask these questions is this. Say I bought breakout Hunter only. I set it up and it works great BUT I also have my own method and want a bot to make trades using my method at the same time. So essentially I could have one Breakout Hunter using your method and one using mine, is that possible? (even if that means using two different computer and two different brokers)Is it possible to even have it just trade my method?

Thanks again.

Hello Jayjonbeach,
The EA has many functions which can be altered, from TP to SL to trading times, etc, etc.
However we strongly discourage that you trade Live unless you have thoroughly tested your new settings, which as you state will not be covered by any guarantee.
Our settings have many years of extensive research and testing, both backtesting as well as real forward testing.
While our parameters not always stay within a 2/1 RR ratio, it is because those parameters do not produce the best results in most of the pairs we trade. In the final analysis, we find that a 2/1 RR tends to produce its own losses constantly, unless is used in a long term breakout strategy.
We do not use Trailing Stops, although some of the pairs use the Breakeven function available, which is a somewhat similar function, which we prefer for our strategies. In the Breakout Hunter, which is the only one that could benefit from a trailing stop, we actually prefer to stop trades and cash out the Take Profit and re-enter in the same direction only if the advantageous conditions continue, which each time will be tested for volatility, upcoming news reports, times of day (avoiding fixes and reversal times) and so forth, trying to maximize the perfomance in a more organic manner than a standard trailing stop, which by definition most of the times gives back a good amount of pips, if it is going to survive the normal noise. We find that our approach allows for better handling of retracements and reversals.
Our default settings never produce individual losses that exceed 3% of the account. If you trade the multiple pairs that we use, you should preferably stay with a maximum of 100:1 leverage, to keep control on the maximum amount of lots opened when all pairs trade simultaneously.
Naturally you can test your own. I certainly test all kinds of theories all the time. But please do it on Demo and thoroughly before going Live…

VERSION 9.0

This is a major update for both Master Scalper and Breakout Hunter:
It was not influenced by the recent drawdown. We have been working on it for a couple of months and it owes some of the ideas to members of this Forum who contributed with positive thoughts, sharing their individual observations, sometimes pointing to issues that have been improved. Thanks you all…
The last comment before I explain the update features is the issue of the version number. During the 2 months that we took to program this update we had many versions that eventually were rewritten and renamed. That is why version 8 never was released and we went straight to version 9. Also some of us have been calling v7.1.8 just version 8, so we kind of used up the number. So there you have it: welcome to version 9.
What’s new:

• the clock of the EA will now run completely on GMT time, independent of the internal clock of the PC or VPS.
    In other words, if your PC clock is wrong, or the VPS has a power outage and reboots with the wrong time zone or whatever, the EAs will continue keeping the correct GMT time. Version 9 connects every few minutes to 3 different NTP (Network Time Protocol) in the US, Germany and Australia, to keep our GMT correct in any and all events. To my knowledge we are one of the first commercial EAs to use this technology. Pretty cool.
  • All trading schedules, will run independent of broker or computer time, so all schedules will be true to GMT time every time, no exceptions.
  • The Friday early-closing has been improved. Now on True GMT, it will perform perfectly. The MS will stop entering new trades at 20:30 gmt and the BH at 16:00 gmt. As usual, open orders will continue being administered normally and may remain open over the weekend, since all tests indicate that this is the optimum setting.
  • When we have No Trade Days, all traders, independent of their individual brokers or time zone, will start and finish No trade Days exactly at the same time, according to GMT date time.
  • The trading schedule continues on Winter time. We will release a subsequent version when DST comes around towards end of March.
  • All No Trade dates are updated until that time, for all pairs.
  • And 2 DLL files to increase security all around.
    It is important to upload this new version using the Setup file, so the DLL, News Indicator and EAs all go where they are supposed to.
    There is no need to uninstall the old version. Just run the setup file and upload the new version to the charts.
    Any open trades will still be administered by v.9, since the Magic Number is the same.
    We will be releasing the new version 9.0.1 in waves so we can handle the questions and support calls in orderly fashion.
    If you wish to receive yours as soon as possible, please email us so we can send it to you without delay.

Sent Smartfx an email requesting the update, received a link within a couple of minutes:)

V9.0.1 just as easy to install as V7.1.8

Thank you Robert for that very helpful answer my interest continues to grow.

Absolutely no matter which EA’s I am using I would go demo first, I would want to gain some insight into their patterns and routines and feel comfortable with what they are doing. And for sure if changing settings would continue on demo for an amount of time to make sure I don’t throw the balance or core strategy off of any given EA.

I’m still not sure why the person I quoted earlier suffered 200+ pip losses and was down 40% or so on the two trades, that is very concerning to me. I understand BH is looking to make much bigger gains than MS and therefore is apt to take bigger losses but these seem excessive. Of course without knowing the exact settings of the user (they would appear to be default from his post) it is hard to tell exactly what happened, unless other people suffered those same losses?

Yeah I was thinking of the trailing stops for the BH and not the MS, although a really tight TS could be used on the MS in order to give back very minimal pips in reversals.

Also still wondering if more than one instance of BH can be run, both using different methods?

Thanks again.

Jason

Jason, I have BH and MS running on several accounts (1 live, 2 demo) with different settings. The only restriction is that they all have to be running on the same computer or VPS.

awesome Robert. im writing that email right now.

im updated now thanks!

pd: i had to manually delete the old version of the terminal because both where showing at the experts area.

thanks!

Hi JayJonBeach,

My Live account is set up as such:
Broker: FXCM
Leverage: 50:1
Initial Deposit: $2,500 USD
Lots: Micro (0.01 and verified with Broker)
MS Settings: Default
BH Settings: Default

This has also been the case for my Demo accounts with the exception of the deposit. I set up the demo accounts the same way I was going to trade live. The demo accounts were running with an initial deposit of $1,000 USD.

When I started my demo accounts, I was initially running at a loss. This was the case for about 2 weeks. After that time, the EAs started to hit a lot of profit trades. BH even recovered and was significantly positive. That demo account went from -2.59% in November to +18.59% by the end of December.

As I said in my previous posts, I have complete confidence in these EAs and with Robert and his team. The only thing I can not control is the market. It will do what it wants to do.

There will be losses and gains in this. You have to take them both. You try to minimize the losses and with these EAs, I feel I have the edge in most market conditions. Time will tell. A daily or a weekly loss does not concern me very much. I am looking at the months.

Happy Trading!

Hi

Just wanted to share i had 2 trades around 12 am spanish time yesterday when the market opened, both winning, was awesome to finally see this baby work :smiley: nothing today tho,

hows it going for everyone else?

MBR!

Hey thanks a lot for confirming your settings and your post.

As I mentioned and hoping Robert will respond to, I’m just not sure why the BH is allowed to take 200+ pip losses and was down 40% or so on each of the two trades (that % seems awfully high?), that is very concerning to me. I understand BH is looking to make much bigger gains than MS and therefore is apt to take bigger losses but these seem excessive.

His response earlier does kind of explain it I’m just not sure if it fully does. With something like BH I was hoping the R/R ration would be 1:2, so when looking for 200 pips it would hopefully be setting a stop-loss at or near 100 pips but he has confirmed that it is setup with a 1:1 ratio, as that seems to have better win rate over time with its current strategy, and I guess that is the answer I was looking for, just not 100% sure though.

Oh and you better believe losses are part of the game, experienced traders know this well. They also know that minimizing them is the true way to being successful, that is keeping them small so bigger winners more than pay for them, which is where my whole query comes from.

Cheers

Hello Jayjonbeach,
If you ever have a trade that loses more than 3%, you either have a problem with the settings or your account is underfunded. This happens when the EA opens an order and the broker fills it with the smallest size order that your account allows. If you have a small balance that minimum size order may still be too much for the balance you have, and the risk is more than our default parameters.

The Stop Loss settings for Breakout Hunter is 100 pips. Period.
The positions, whether is 1, 2 or 3, will all close together at 100 pips below the opening price of the trade.
The fact that we choose to split our trades into 2 or 3 orders, does not mean that we take 2 or 3 times the losses. It is a combination of orders that makes up the trade, and the SL for the group is 100 pips, which is slightly outside of the price channel that we trade during the market hours used by the Breakout Hunter.

Hi Robert thank you again for patiently answering my concerns here. This helped a lot, and I see now where I slightly got confused with Vince’s post.

As I’ve been following the progress of more than one EA, and some seem to take some big one trade losses that erased many of the prior gains before it (ie in this thread 301 Moved Permanently where one of them had one loss that erased 12 prior winners) I was concerned that BH took the losses Vince posted in one trade, like 261.7 in one trade.

It would appear now with your confirmation that it was NOT only one trade, and BH simply had a bad week (happens to all of us!).

Thank you again. As I say, my interest continues to grow, and your support here really compounds that.

Vince, how many trades made up that 261.7 48% loss then?

Hi all, Robert.

I purcharsed this bot last week and i’m currently testing it on 3 demo brokers (3 different brokers). Alpari, Oanda and Pepperstone razor (ECN). The razor account is a winner so far, while the other two are loosers.

What happens in case MT4 is disconnected then reconnected ? Does the bot can handle the opened trades (opened before the disconnection ?)

Hi Jay,

The losing trades on EURUSD for the week broke down as follows
Total Trades = 8
Winning Trades = 4
Pips Gained = 173.8 Pips
Losing Trades = 4
Pips Lost = -435.5

EURCAD did not help as it had 3 trades and all were lossers with -231.9 Pips lost.

Hope that helps you out.

Happy Trading!

Hello all

and thank you all for sharing your results

i join the forum because this thread, i am very serious thinking to buy the EAs. but so confused wich ea.1. i just plan to trade with AVAfx. but the spread there is (normal) but higher than hotforex. and i am worried that i will not get the same GOOD results like Roberts accounts on myfxbook.
So i start focus just to trade the BH EA. (hope to gain profits)

1. If i trade the BH alone on avafx. i think the ea will open/close the same positions like myfxbook? right?
  2. how many live acounts can i run? (on vps).
  3. whats the minimum acount size (usd) i need for the HB alone?
  4. what link (myfxbook) is it the last updates version (v9)? is it real?
  5. anyone run the BH alone? can share statment please?

about conbo, can i trade is with AVAFX? (Robert), will be BIG differnces between it and hotforex?

thats it for now :slight_smile: Really thank you all
and hope to see well replies, sharing live statments, to decide buy it or not.

happy trade

hi vincejg327
thnks for sharing
its live? results for last week?

173.8 - 435.5= -262 pips in HB alone?

thank you for sharing again. continue sharing please

Yes it sure does thanks a bunch!

Thank you for taking the time to report your trades too, hope you will continue, just might push some of us off the fence :wink: (its a jump for me as I am a stock/etf trader looking now to dabble in forex)

Happy trading to you too!

It is Live and it was for last week.

Happy Trading!