Smart FX Technology

I am hoping so! At the moment I feel scammed, they lied to me on chat and if they hadn’t I would have topped the account up to hold the bonus. nevermind, emails sent awaiting responses :slight_smile:

very bad day today… 7 trades open, all still open and loosing… ):

yeah me too. Robert do you think advisable to stop this EA and activate it later on february when market conditions are better?

thanks

Very strange… I started up my demo account Sunday evening after being shut down last week. So far I have a 2.08% gain for the week. It started with $10k in the account and has been doing nicely (especially after I configured the EA’s to my broker MBTrading back around Dec 7th).

You can see the demo account here MB Trading Demo System | Myfxbook.

I also just started a real account on the same broker with $2,500. This week so far I’m down 3.61%. This is with default settings (except for configuring the EA’s for MBTrading) and absolutely no intervention other than the obvious shutdown that i did. No complaints but I’m wondering if a larger account performs better.

Tim

Hi Robert… I’m watching the Breakout hunter for while and I would like to ask you somethings.
For example… the BH see a new trend and make a sell entry, so you monitor the position and keep it opened until you reach TP or SL or you close it when you see that trend changed ? I see you don´t use a trailling stop… so.
I ask you about it because I saw the trend reversal and the BH kept it opened.

Best regards

did you guys close the loosing trades? ive been waiting and waiting but the robot isnt closing them and im already 160pips down…so i gain 20 one day and loose 160 another…good risk management…i just hope to get my account back to 0% and get 145usd profit to repay bot and its off for me…

just to re make what the ea lost today, its going to have to open more than 30 winning trades :slight_smile:

eur&gbp just closed two trades at -30 pips each

EDIT> just closed all positions, today, this precious bot swiped 10% of my account and i have a 50:1 laverage with micro lots…

anyone thinking of shuting it down before it drowns?

I can appreciate the fear people have about this current losing streak. If this was actually a winning streak, would anyone want to stop the trade? Would any one be complaining about gaining 30 pips? When you close the losing trade, then you do get a loss. What if you left it open and the trend reversed and your losing trade is now a winning trade. When do you really know when to bring BH back up? February? March? December? What All-Seeing-Eye do you have that will tell you when to stop and start these EAs?

I seem to be hearing fair weather traders where incurring any loss is to much. Well, all I have to say about that is if you think these EAs are not what you expected, then move on. If you meet Robert’s conditions for a refund, take it and try your “Luck” with another bot.

My LIVE account is down over 11%. My demo accounts are down as well and by as much. Each account is running off of a different broker. These demo accounts were the same accounts that all lost and gained relatively equally while I tested these EAs. I’ll be staying with them and will let them run without interruption on my part.

If anything I said ruffled any feathers out there then please toughen up.

Happy Trading!

Vince don’t take it personal is just business, i said the month thing because this January is having a lot of critical decisions / events ( S&P 'S downgrades, oil embargo to Iran, etc ) and is a bit more volatile as Robert said, he also said that this january is more or less unusual than the others he had experienced because normally january trading is just fine from the fifth day.

regards.

Hi Tim,

I am running the combo live on a large account and this week is -1.34% with the month so far at -2.89%. So I guess all accounts large or small are going through a bumpy patch. It’s worth pointing out that the losses would have been far greater if I had not had the BH running.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the input. My real account seems to be inline with everyone else. But the demo account that I mentioned seems to be working better than expected. I realize that having it offline for a week kind of throws a wrench in the works but if you compare Sunday to present to other accounts running all the EA’s it seems to perform quite well. I wished that it was my real account! But wait, you said that you are at -1.34% so far this week. My real account with $2,500 is at -4.25% this week. So maybe THERE is something about a larger account after all. Hmmm maybe I need to stop thinking about it!

Tim

Hi Arbolive,

Point taken. Just vented a little on hearing all of the pestimistic comments.

Happy Trading!

Hi Felipebr,
There is no such thing as “knowing” when the trend changed. It always looks the same, when it changed for real and when it changed as a “false” reversal. Just no way to know. The EA will not change the strategy in the middle of the trade, there is no reason to do that, since many, many times it comes right back. The whole idea of trading with EAs is to leave them alone, something that all traders have to learn to do, even though at the beginning we all feel like interfering. After a while and a few wins (not this week…) you will understand that the EA trades better than any of us, at least better than me, with all my 35 years trading experience.
All strategies have drawdown and sometimes the market is just rough.
Changing strategies or messing with the EA is the sure sign of the inexperienced EA trader. If you prefer manual trading, fine… but if you believe that sticking to a strategy with a proven record is better, then just let them trade and buckle up when we have a rough week.
The drawdown is completely within parameters, as seen in the backtests and previous examples of forward tests, when it always makes its way back after the rough periods.

Vince,
You are very emotional about this EAs, even more than Robert is. :slight_smile: I mention this because it could be not such a good thing. As you know, emotions and trading do not always go well together.

My view is that everyone should be questioning regularly the performance of their investments/trading methods and systems. And that is healthy. Any system that loses 10% of your trading capital in a single week should be analysed and discussed to enable you to make a decision on what to do next.

I guess people (including me) use this forum as a tool in such analysis. Arbolive question to Robert was very legitimate, I think, asking if perhaps the EAs should be switched off for the month. So are many other questions I see appearing on this excellent forum.

Robert, with his excellent support and manner, has build up a following of supporters (including me), some of whom are very quick to criticise any “non-believer” :slight_smile: :-). Although it is good to be a part of such a positive environment lets not forget that this is not a religious cult where the “Holy Grail” is reverred and protected from infidels :slight_smile:

Even though some people state here that they only look at monthly performance, remember that a system can wipe your account in 20 days of losses! When I trade manually, I use my own methods and if one does not perform well on the day, I stop using it immediately. When any method reaches £x.xx or x% of losses it should be stopped and the situation reassessed. (reassessed does not mean changed)

Therefore, I think, each of us should have a predetermined amount of ££ or % which we are willing to risk and let the system (whichever it is) run up to that limit before pausing it. Our own tests, the shared knowledge in this forum and Robert helpfulness can help us in determine what is a reasonable DD to expect before we should pause.

The danger here is that, due to the positive nature of this forum, we all reaffirm our belief in the EAs even during bad times, perhaps influencing traders who would have normally already paused the system.

I am a “believer” but the EAs are fast approaching my tolerance level therefore I have decided to keep them all running at half risk (lot % halved) for now.

I will continue to evaluate based on results, information from the forum and shared MyFxBook accounts which I monitor.

Hope it helps.

Hello all

I am intersted in buying the breakout hunter because i think its excellent expert. and the support center is always “here”.
follow update the ea when need.

BUT can anyone use the EA REAl for long time. SHARE your results please. make it easy to decide totally about byuing and using it please>
thank you

hi tradingshed, is it a way of changing lot % globally or have to do it one by one ?

im a bit lazy right now, hehe :cool:

I have changed mine one by one…yes…a bit of work on multiple accounts. In my case was easier as I use MBT settings (ie x10) so it easy to reduce by half. On normal settings, I am not sure it will accept 0.5.

I guess you better direct tech questions like this to Robert & Team.

It will accept 0.5, no problem.
The only minimum limitation would be the smallest lot size that your account allows.

Interesting comments about the recent market activities, and subsequent losses. For my part, I was 6% up, and I’m now about 10% down. That’s partly my fault for doubling my stake at the start of Jan though. I’m switching off from live until things calm down, and I’ll keep checking the demo account until it starts making money for a couple of days before I switch back onto live. This is a very good boat, but it’s in choppy waters right now, so it makes sense for me to park in the harbour until the storm is over.

Can I use it with MT5?