Smart FX Technology

No rossan, only MT4.

[B][/B]Hello Robert
Hello ALL
why anyone replay and answer my qestions please :slight_smile:

okay. can you answer just 1 question please

i see good results on myfxbook ( BH alone)

so do u speak about the down and down last period. (do u mean the combo)?

the bh still do good results?

happy trade

hi Robert and all

i follow this demo link breakout alone myfxbook
Breakout Hunter System | Myfxbook

and i see fine positive results…so why all talk about negative on last weeks??

is this account updated with last version?

thanx

Hi everyone,
So I have been watching what is going on with these ea’s closely and I am starting to form some conclusions.

for one I am a victim of my own money management. Here’s why well you know what I am scatterbrained let me post my results and talk about my risk profile than I will get back to the above statement…
[B]January 2012 results[/B]

eur/usd net pips +388 84% win rate pf 3.08 +3.98% gain risk profile 1,1,1 (I am refering to TF_M1 LOTPCNT M15 and M30)
eur/aud net pips -132 60% win rate pf .47 -6.86% gain risk profile 4.5,4.5,4.5
eur/chf net pips -13.8 66% win rate pf .51 -1.05% gain risk profile 4,3
usd/jpy net pips 25.5 100% win rate pf no data .26% gain risk profile 1,1
eur/cad net pips -232.6 72% win rate pf .26 -8.55% gain risk profile 4,4,4
eur/gbp net pips -77.3 43% win rate pf .21 -4.56% gain risk profile 4,4
[B]
overall net pips -42.5 [/B]62% win rate pf .49 -16.15% gain

**okay back to my above point. As many of you know I tend to increase risk on pairs that are winning and decrease pairs that are losing. I have decided this is a mistake and I will reevaluate my approach. Robert has always stressed that these pairs were designed to hedge each other. He has stated that when the scalpers take a hit than breakout hunter would pick up the slack. He goes on to say that usd/jpy is used to hedge the other pairs in the scalpers. What I have done was take the winners from last year and increase there risk by as much as 4.5% and take the losers and decrease risk down to 1% Now I am not balanced in my hedge.

and guess what…

breakout hunter is doing okay and posting a gain of nearly 4% and usdjpy has boasted a gain of .26% while all the other pairs have been net losers to the tune of nearly -21% here is what is wrong and why my account is probably taking a bigger beating than other accounts…

had I kept my breakout hunter at 2% it would have earned almost 8% and had I kept u/j at 2% it would have earned around.5% for a total of around 8.5%

had I kept the other scalpers at 2% over all the loss would have been around -10%

add those two together and I would only be down about -1.5% overall during this drawdown period.

So what do I do? Do I cut risk now on the other pairs that are losing? If I do it will take me twice as long to get back into green pips with those pairs.

Guys/gals take a lesson from me. First off you never stop learning. Second trade these pairs as they are intended. Keep the risk comparable to each other. If certain pairs are doing poorly than rest assured there will be a period when they do well and vice versa for the winners, there will be a time when they will lose.

Again I am forced to realize that my greed an impatience have gotten the better of me becasue 4.5% risk with my leverage is extremely to high! Only thing I can do is reduce risk down to the 2-3% max.

I’m sorry for this long post and I hope some of you can gleam something from my mistakes. Also I can say that Robert was totally correct when he talked to us about hedging and I knew I was out of balance with my risk but now I am suffering the results of not listening to my own logic but rather having stars in my eyes and thinking of all that money I can make by playing around with the risk.

As of now I am going to 2% across the board on my risk.

I am going to thank Johnny for the long and very informative post and echo him on the statement that reducing or increasing risk is probably best done across the board.

I treat the various components of the combo as one EA rather than several different ones and I evaluate the results as one.

When I decreased the risk today I have done it across all pairs and I have kept all pairs trading. That would be my recommendation.

Robert has mentioned the fact several times on this forum and I trust his advice.

i hope to see CLEAR POSITIVE results. and i mean in clear (one REAL link to the BH sy stem)

so please share the link (updated) system on myfxbook. i am confused between a lot of links from the support center.

hope to see CLEAR POSITIVE results and buy the system

I am going to try to help you but I am not really sure of what you are looking for.
I have read your posts and the answers to your questions are already in the pages of this forum.
There is advice from members and developers, different ideas on how to use the combo, including mistakes made by members so you do not have to repeat them, there many posts with shared performance including many screenshots from REAL MONEY myfxbook accounts. There are links to real myfxbook accounts, the developers have a real account themselves and I for one have posted my own links in the past.

I think everything you are asking for is already here. You just have to go through the forum pages.

You mentioned “clear & positive” a couple of times in your posts which leads me to believe that you are looking for “certainty”. Nobody can give you that, thought.

thanks for sharing johnny

I agree with the points on money management and in order to avoid the avalanche I think this really is a ‘plug and play’, the defaults work best (IMHO).
I have tried other EA’s where tinkering with the settings is expected and indeed necessary, so I guess it created a mindset in me that this one would not work properly out of the box and led me to try and adjust early on.

Now I am running stock default and it’s still averaging a monthly that (with my limited skillset) is far better than I could achieve in manual trading. Error | Myfxbook

I guess we all have different goals but for me this EA is a great ingredient to a 2011 vintage that I hope to ‘open and taste’ in 2015.

Alex

Hi All,

Great post Johnny.

Like Johnny I have been running my account the same way and it has been proven why the balance needs to be kept. It was all well and good until a DD period and then the out of balance definitely shows up.

I have the combo trading on a demo account with defaults and guess what, only 1.8% DD over e past week or so. Proves the point I guess.

I too have returned to 2% across the board however I had turned them off on my live account until things improve on the demo. It isn’t a true indication as there are different spreads etc but good enough for me. Always remember Sometimes the best position to have is not to have a position.

During this time I have been trading Price Action manually and have gained 22% since last Thursday so am definitely not upset about that!

Robert and Co do an amazing job with their product and service and we shouldn’t be so quick overly question these EA’s because they have a small draw down period, and a draw down period made worse by our money management/ risk etc.

I have also turned off Wallstreet for a while and will re-evaluate this also. After all this isn’t a race and there is always another trading day tomorrow.

Hopefully things will turn around soon and we can start making some good positive and consistent results.

Happy trading everyone :slight_smile:

Hi Robert,
Appreciated your great effort and contribution to the discussion together with us here. I believe the updated version 9 will be much better & easier applied comparing to exising one.

Here I have one concern, just for your reference:
Recently many members reported the loss. You, as the EA creator, comparing to our members, should understand the mechanics behind the loss according to the market condition. Could you please advise us when (what market condition) these two EAs will work best, and at what market condition, these EAs may generate the loss with high possibility?

And do you have any plan to improve the EA performance in the following time? for example, how to treat the recent loss. Almost every trader know loss should be together with profit in the trading life. But continuous loss with some period definitely has its own background.

Please appologize me if my concern make you or some members unconfortable.

Hi guys,

I agree about having the EA’s on defaults, for balance but does it actually make any money that way?

I have made a good amount and lost a fair amount due to increasing risk, however looking at the smartfx combo myfxbook the highest it has seen is just over the deposit money and has struggled since. Is it because $1k is not enough for both ea’s?

Am I following the wrong myfxbook account:- Combo Master Scalper - Breakout Hunter, v7 - Real Account System | Myfxbook

Dont get me wrong I really like these EA’s and support is A1, im just trying to understand the best way to actually keep it going. Im sure the ea’s will pick up any day now and shoot straight back up, im not trying to get rich quick but in it for the long run.

thank you all really about replay. i will follow the breakout alone. :slight_smile:

will wait another 2-3 weeks. following the results and the thread here.

and start trading it by vbs. its the better i think. agree with me?

HI tradingshed,
very interesting and helpful! could you please initiate one new thread for the discussion so that some members can follow the discussion accordingly?

Great comments & very helpful!

Well, I gave Master Scalper and Break Out Hunter from robot-forex-trading dotcom and smart fx technology a good try. Basically all they did was lose money, despite the risk management hype. The good reviews you read are because the support people are good and helpful (except when asking for a refund:58:), or the EAs worked short-term; unfortunately their EAs cannot handle a longer-term market, which is all that counts. Even if an EA does not make much money, which is OK, it should not lose half your money in a week.

Asked for my money back and they refused. They only refund for 30 days but, of course, you must demo only during that first month - and real account testing is always different. But I lost far more in my accounts than the cost of the EAs so the loss of a refund is not a big deal. Lost 40% in one week with Master Scalper and 50% of another account with Breakout Hunter - and these were real money live accounts! Those are just the unusually fast losses; lost more, but more slowly, over a two-month period. Ran it since August.

How can a Scalper lose for two months straight? Two months of losses are understandable with a break out trader but very unusual for a scalper. Such short and long-term losses prove that something is wrong with both the strategy and the risk management.

Note that the “back-tests” on their webpage have only a 25% modeling quality, not the standard 90%, so Big Red Flag - apparently they could not come up with real back-tests that were actually profitable. Strange also that they mention 4 years of successful back-tests but only show 3 years at 25%. Another red flag. Smartfx had two forward tests running on myfxbook, but they were immediately stopped in November when they started showing losses: red flag #3.

Master Scalper and Break Out Trader blew my two live accounts in December and January, so my expensive review of these two Eas ends sadly and badly. Their risk-management hype sounds good but simply does not work. I was surprised that a non-Martingale/grid robot could lose so much so fast - and on conservative settings. Also tried using just the two Master Scalper pairs with the best reward/draw-down in addition to both a modified and a complete portfolio approach (with all pairs trading). Note that my losses were caused by the EA’s consistent bad trades and poor risk management and not margin calls.

I can’t recommend these EAs; their live account performance is much worse than their back test or demo test results, the strategy and risk management does not work except possibly in mild markets, there is no refund to speak of, the forward testing was stopped when it started showing losses, and the company’s back-tests are designed to mislead prospective buyers.

Hi Bill,

Your results do not correlate to my experience of the EA’s. In the snapshot below I have run BH/MS combo at default (on the same account). The only exception is the area that I have highlighted yellow where I continued running over the holiday period by disabling the news filter. In hindsight I turned out lucky but would not do it again.
As you can see I have had some pretty average periods during the time I have been running them live but overall these bad times have not hit my account too hard.

I am certainly interested in your experiences and not here only to defend them, in fact critical analysis of the EA’s is a good thing but the fact that you suffered badly in Dec puzzles me. Were you running default for the whole period and with which broker?

Alex

Bill if you lost 40% in a week or two than your risk is way out of wack. You should have Robert or John do a remote session. I can assure you the scalper has been in profit every single month so far with the exception of January and the month isn’t over yet.

As for live v demo I agree with you live results will be different especially for a scalper BUT the reason a demo is recommended is so you can be assured that your settings are correct and that you are comfortable with the way they trade.

As for the 30 day requirement I can only say that Robert has been very straightforward about this. Nothing hidden, nothing shady and he has said it more than once you have to give the ea’s a month.

As for holiday trading perhaps its the wrong time to start a new ea. I started magic-champ 2 right before Christmas and it was in the back of my head that I was making a mistake. For years now I have not seen profitability during this time.

I would encourage you to let Robert do a remote session with you. Honestly 40% is way out of wack. I am down 15% and that is way out of wack but like I said in my post above I can only blame myself, had I kept the risk on all 5 pairs comparable than I would have a much much lower draw down.

Anyway what ever you decide I wish you the best of luck and I appreciate your very constructive post.

Bill the trader,
On Sept 20th, which is a month after you purchased (and end of the guarantee period) you mentioned that you were in profit 15% per week and wanted to increase the risk. You were told how to do it, but [B]recommended not to do so[/B]. Apparently as per your results you did, and now blame us for it.
On Sept 22nd, you emailed that you were getting requotes from Alpari, and numerous "context busy"messages, having to do with [B]your approach of running multiple copies of the same EA on the same pair at the same time[/B], something we told you not to do.
All in all you changed the strategy, increased the risk, and [B]did everything we told you not to do.[/B]
Now you come 5 months later saying that even in December, while every member of this Forum made a substantial profit, you also had losses. Obviously your changes to our default did not work, but you are blaming us.
We cannot be asked for a refund 5 months after purchase and after going against default settings and advice, and still expect to be responsible for your irresponsible handling of the trading tool.

For an independent reviewer account that traded with default settings the same months you did, just read:
Master Scalper 001 Performance Test

following :slight_smile:

its seem like BH EA alone is better :slight_smile:

hi all
was a bit absent in this thread as Im busy focusing on improving my manual trading;)

in the meantime my account went from about +22% to -3% (demo of course) And as stated a few days ago… it is definitely MY FAULT! ( I went nuts with my Lotsize%…) anyway I am back to default settings (except Yen is on lower risk) and my drawdowns have been slowed down tremendously!

I am happy Hotforex messed up a little: I sent money to fund my live account on january 3rd, but it took them until yesterday to charge it to my account! AND IM DAMN LUCKY IT TOOK THEM SO LONG;) otherwise I might would have lost real cash instead;) hahaha

Now I will demo test on default settings for a few more weeks before starting live.
Not sure if I was dreaming this or if its true: Robert, did you release an update recently? Did you already start sending them out… I don’t think I received it yet… (by Email?)

I will watch the EA on Demo closely the next few weeks, and I would probably feel better to have a quick live session with you, robert, or someone else from the team, before going live- just to make sure all is properly set up and such… but this is not in a hurry at all! I will contact support by Email once the time is right, if thats ok?

Sincerely
Fredy