Smart FX Technology

Hi Fred,

V9.0.1 is available. Send Robert and his team an email asking for it. They are quick to get it to you and simple to install.

Happy Trading!

this temporally dark weeks require some fun to make life better, here it is based on my lovely demo
acount
XD

Ah ! Hello fellow redditor :slight_smile:

Thanks for the lightening up the thread some Arbolive!

Tim

Master Scalper and Break Out Trader blew my two live accounts in December and January, so my expensive review of these two Eas ends sadly and badly.

Bill, sorry to hear that. Not nice and I feel for you.
I had a very good month in December though, do you have a myfxbook account that you are willing to share? I would be interested to look at it if there is anything I can learn.

Note that the “back-tests” on their webpage have only a 25% modeling quality, not the standard 90%, so Big Red Flag

I also noticed this before buying, and indeed raised a red flag, however, I have decided to go ahead anyway.

If Robert’s reply to you is anything to go by, well, (and you have not denied any of it) I share Johnny’s opinion that perhaps you took on way too much risk, or had the wrong settings. Losing so much when noone else had the same experience sounds odd. If I was you, I would take Johnny’s recommendation and (after cooling off :19:) would contact Robert and arrange that remote live session.

Robert:

numerous "context busy"messages, having to do with your approach of running multiple copies of the same EA on the same pair at the same time, something we told you not to do.

Are you implying above that it is not recommended to run multiple instances of the EA? I have several accounts running the EAs from the same VPS using the same broker. So far, I never got any error messages but I do get different entries (as discussed by email).

In a further attempt to lighten up the mood here I am posting my own chart from my main account where the combo has been running since November (3 months or therebout) As you can see, although there is a scary freefall recently, it has been profitable overall. More importantly, althought its not the best EA in my portfolio, it has produced (so far) profits well above purchase price.

I have reduced risk and will keep them both on. I will only stop them when they reach £200 profits (to pay for their initial cost). Then I will reassess.

More importantly, In my internet scouring I have discovered that the combo is not the only EA experiencing losses in January. In fact, there is more whinging about performance than anything else!

Hi Tradingshed,
Bill was running several instances of the same EA on several separate identical charts of the same pairs, [B]within the same MT4[/B]. When the multiple signals of those EAs tried to go simultaneously from the MT4 to the broker, no wonder they found “context busy”. Who loads multiple versions of the same EA, to different charts of the same pair , within the same MT4? It is obvious that the signals are going to be duplicates and going to jam up the place… (and then call it my fault!)
If you have multiple identical EAs running in the same computer, using different MT4s, you have no problem. I have 8 Mt4s in one vps running the same identical setup for friends of mine whose accounts I supervise, and we have never had a problem.

robert, which vps do you use? photon?

Yes mrql,
Photon, for about 4 years. They are pretty good and MB pays for it, can’t beat that deal.
Customer support could be better and has improved over the years, but once you are up and running they are quite good, not too many problems.

Also curious about this comment as I asked about this before earlier in the thread and think the answer was, “as long as it is all on one computer”.

Edit, nevermind, Robert already answered above thank you!

Robert, I thought on Fridays BH and MS will do an all stop on trades before the market closed. I say this because any open trades I had stopped and closed by end of market. This occurred a couple months ago. Right now I have an open trade which did not close and market is close. Please provide some information if you would.

Robert will correct me if I am wrong but the EAs will stop opening any new order at a predetermined time on Friday. Any orders already open will continue to trade until it meets it’s criteria to close.

Happy Trading!

Hey friends

The most are talking about bad results. Right?

How does the bh ea alone? Give positive results? Right?

Thanx

we are not talking about bad results! we are talking about a drawdown this past week! drawdowns occur in every system, manually or automatic…
BH and MS belong together in my opinion… in december MS was making incredible returns while the BH was loosing… and right now its the other way around… they are hedging each other - thats what they were designed and created to do…

I took a very hard blast this past week, and I can’t stress enough that it was MY fault and has nothing to do with the EA…

just go back in the forum and see our results…
and If you just start using this EA… Don’t go crazy with lot%:wink: this is what caused my drawdown…

As others have said we are going through a period of drawdown. Last year BH (Eur/Usd) was have a shocking time. I only started running the bots in jan and so far BH has been the star for me.Just proves that certain bots will do better in certain market conditions than others and as this keeps changing its best to just run all of them.

These bots were backtested by robert over a long time preiod and over the long term will hedge one another - it wont be apparent from a very short time scale though and as others have said it makes no sense faffing about with settings based on one month or two months good / bad perfomance coz it will just switch on you at some stage. I am sticking with defaults and seeing what happens over say 6-9 months as there is a very good reason for the default numbers that may not be initially apparent.

fantastique! a bit of pop art trading humour - quality

For me that is a very robust answer and one again proves the integrity of robert - Bill you didn’t mention any of these things in your post…

From what I can tell people are tending to run into trouble only when they go against what Robert suggests, despite the fact that he programmed the thing!

Robert knows this EA inside out so why oh why do people keep messing with it/going against what he recommends??!!

Just let it do its thing, the whole reason EAs were invented was because us humans are too emotional. We get a good logical bot to trade for us in order to rectify that in built human flaw and then we still have to interfere!! Not wanting to sound righteous but I am just going to leave them be for a while on defaults and see what happens instead of tinkering due to crazy dreams of getting rich next week.

This is a long term game - hit safe singles and stay in it - trying to hit home runs every time is going to get you out the game…

Hi Traders,
As we have seen once again, the Breakout Hunter was the star of the show the last couple of weeks, hedging the MS with a gorgeous 444 pips profit since the beginning of January.

Nice hedging!

FRIDAY OPENING HOURS:
All new orders should have stopped entering at 20:30 GMT, 90 minutes before the market close, regardless of your broker or your time zone.
I am running multiple brokers and have checked the orders, it is running perfectly.
If we stop entering new orders 90 minutes before the closing, we get a 3 1/2 hour scalping session.
You can always turn off the EAs if you want a nicer weekend. The default settings are the most profitable parameters for long term trading.
Naturally, if something unusual is expected over the weekend, something the EA could not have predicted, then it is up to you to take control and close the positions.
The Early-Friday closing will stop NEW positions from starting after 20:30 got (16:00 for BH), but will not close the existing position. They will be administered normally, meaning that if they are still open they will not be terminated arbitrarily at a loss or early profit. If you wish to arbitrarily close them (which is nice on the weekend at the expense of some long term profits) you need to do it manually. The default settings are to allow them to stay open.
The last line in the inputs tab will allow changing those settings and change or stop Friday trading altogether, it’s up to you…

Robert, thank you for he response. This is good to know.

… this will no doubt please MR ffflti1…who seems to be desperately looking for BH-alone-performance reassurance :smiley:

Hi, Robert,
I just install the v9.0.1. But now I have two versions of EA, 7.1.8 and v9.0.1 in the same MT instance. Should I set the inputs for v9.0.1 again or it will read the same input I set for 7.1.8?
Thanks.