Smart FX Technology

thanx all
:35:
i dont say that the masterscalper is bad, and understood that (the 2 eas goes toghter well)

but becasue the scalping depend in lot of parameters like spread, broker etc…

i prefer the bh alone. thats all

i search for just one ea ! not more. an strong ea.

im following the thread and myfxbook

happy trade all

Hi Xiaoming1970,
You can go to the /experts folder of your MT4 and delete the older versions, or just let them sit in the Navigator, which is simply a directory of available expert advisors. They will not conflict with each other. Just “remove” the old version from the chart and “attach” the new one.
[U]If you are trading with default settings you do not need to do anything to the inputs. Everything loads automatically and no changes are needed at all[/U].
If you have made changes, then you need to repeat them in the new setup.

Hi Robert,

Just a note, I noticed that when I attached version 9, the default risk was 10%. Is it supposed to be that high?

I had changed mine so it’s ok but more thinking of others just using defaults.

Thanks, Matt.

Hi Robert,

Maybe scrub that last comment, I just rechecked and they look normal.

Do you suggest using the default risk settings at present? I have set all mine to 2% across the board but see the defaults vary?

Thanks, Matt

Hi Traders:
The risk is set differently in each pair. We use a different lot size to balance the pairs according to their SL and potential drawdown, so no particular pair can be too heavy on the group.
Accordingly the EurAud, EurCad and EurUsd (BH) trade smaller Lot sizes than the EurGbp, EurChf and UsdJpy.
The default settings give the most balanced performance among all pairs, treating the strategy as a group.

This also applies to the hedging effects of the Breakout Hunter has on the Master Scalper in times of drawdown.
Since the beginning of January the BH has made about 450 pips.

I am NOT saying that they NEED to run together. All public records show how individually they make profits, and quite a bit too.
What I am saying and recommending is that [U]to keep the drawdown smaller, the hedging action that usually they have on each other is very desirable, if you prefer having smaller drawdown[/U].
[B]We have had some drawdown, completely within acceptable parameters. But having used the combo would have made it smaller.[/B]
If you do not mind normal drawdown you can trade them individually, no problem. I just like the hedging action that reduces drawdown when the Euro has a bad couple of weeks. Traders who prefer smaller drawdown would do better running the combo. They would not necessarily make more money (maybe the same or a bit more) but the drawdown would be less.

I understand that traders who started trading the MS for the first time in January and got hit by the drawdown without having prior good trading days, are understandably upset. Those who started last year have had no problems, because they are still in profit, so they know that we have occasional drawdown, but it bounces back once the market becomes more stable. The problem is that towards the end of the year the MS was looking so great that many traders bought only the Master Scalper and did not benefit of the awesome hedging effect of Breakout Hunter during the last two weeks.
The robots can run independently and make their expected profit. But it is very nice to see how they help each other out when we have drawdown.
I have offered a FREE copy of the Breakout Hunter to a few traders who just started the Master Scalper in January so they can trade the combo pack, if they wanted to test them for 60 days and give the combo system a good test run.
[B]This is a FREE robot[/B], I am not trying to sell anything here.
If anyone is interested just pm or email me.

Does it mean the two versions can be run at the same time within one MT4 instance with their own inputs/settings? Thanks.

Xiaoming1970,
Absolutely NOT. You cannot run together the old and the new version in the same MT4.
Just run the latest version and throw away the old one.
Running them together is not possible, you will get all kinds of problems and duplicate trades.
Just remove the old version from the charts and load the new one.

I see. But I can try the new version under one MT4 instance, but still run old version on other MT4 instances on the same VPS, right? I assume all MT4 instances/programs have their own folders to store and run your EA.

That is correct, as long as each MT4 is with a different account number.
Do not use 2 MT4s to trade the same Live account, it would not work.
But if you want to compare results, you can run each version in a separate MT4, no problem.
Question: why would you want to do that? the strategy is the same, exactly the same. There has been an improvement in the Early Friday closing function, and protection from GMT situations in case of blackouts. The trades will be exactly the same.

Since I am not sure whether you changed internal function that the trading might be different for each minor updated version. If the strategy like entry/exit is the same, I will use the new one and copy the setting from older version. And if your EA can reuse the older settings in future version, that will be great. Since the settings is stored under the same folder, right? But I am not sure whether it is doable.

Hi xiaoming1970,
No, the settings are attached to the EA name. If you change versions, you are changing EAs, their names are different, even though we know that it is an updated version of the same EA.
You do not need to save or load any settings at all, unless you are making changes of your own, instead of trading the default settings that load automatically and require no changes at all.

Thanks. Since I have different accounts and min lot size requirements are different too, I do need to change the setting for different accounts based on the performance of combination of pairs/brokers.

Robert,

I just drugged the new version to the charts.It’s gonna be OK?
The old ones won’t do interruptions?

Hi, Robert,
My FXSol account’s MT4 is updated to V409 now. But your EA still can not be used on it. When I drag the EA to the pair, nothing happens and the input setting dialog does not show up.

Hello Fredik,
Keep an eye on the positions when the market opens. It should be fine if your installation went ok, which is hard to tell without seeing it.
I personally prefer updating MT4s when the markets are open and all positions closed to avoid these potential problems.

Xiaoming1970, try starting with a new MT4 altogether. If you need help send us an email and we will schedule a remote assistance session.

I have offered a FREE copy of the Breakout Hunter to a few traders who just started the Master Scalper in January so they can trade the combo pack, if they wanted to test them for 60 days and give the combo system a good test run.
This is a FREE robot, I am not trying to sell anything here.
If anyone is interested just pm or email me.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Wow Robert that is extremely generous of you!!! Awesome!!!

Is there a myfxbook page for the products mentioned in these 116 pages? I’m gathering verifiable data I will use to compare my automated retail fund to other popular funds and expert advisors retail investors are spending their money on.

Any feedback gratefully received.

Was that a Gap Open?!? 48.2 Pip Gap Open from Friday’s close. It killed my open trades!

Happy Trading!

You will find many links to myfxbook running both demos and real accounts by looking through these pages.

I run both EAs on all my live accounts tradingshed’s Profile | Myfxbook. You can analyse by magic numbers.

Lost a lot on those gapped opens. What an absolutely awful start to the year.