Smart FX Technology

Spotdespot, you think you had a bad start…

Robert here is surely about to be blamed by someone for these gaps… :eek:

Blame goes to the market. No EA can predict a Gap Open.

The EAs will recover.

Happy Trading!

vince… I was only kidding!!

Very good indeed…!

Yours doesn’t look too bad - all relative though. I was up over 25% before Xmas since 14th November with SmartFX EAs - now in negative territory…some my own fault - not listening and adjusting/re-balancing quickly enough. All a learning curve. Next time the gap will play in our favour (I’m sure Robert can arrange that :10:)

All good. Just stating the obvious. :slight_smile:

Happy Trading!

Good man :wink:

I don’t know my account is up 2.9% today. It’s a refreshing start to the week for me. maybe I can gain back some of this crappy month. But nevertheless I really believe in these ea’s. Robert has done a fantastic job and this little dd period too shall pass.

btw I enjoy some of the joking going on, personally I think it is Roberts fault lol!!

On a funny note I was talking to my dad about magic champ.

my vps did a windows update (set up to do those Saturday nights) and I said owe I have to put magic champ on again

my dad says what did you say? I said I have to put magic champ on

he says owe I thought you said you had to put magic tampon on lol!!!

So we had a good laugh and I decided I would create a new ea and call it magic tampon the sales letter would start out

Are you sick of your forex account bleeding red all the time?

Well try magic tampon today and stop the bleeding

hahhaa!!! I hope I am not offending anybody I just thought it was hysterical but I guess you would have to be here lol!!!

Hi Robert!!

Jeff:35:

hahaha hey robert can a magic tampon contain a -9.59% bleed

or must be the night ones?

lol

No strings attached right ??? :wink:

Hi Robert!!

Jeff

hey everyone meet jshear he is an a$$hole so I would appreciate it if no one talk to him. His only reason to be here is to troll our thread and start trouble and fight with Robert.

Take his remarks with a grain of salt. He has avery jaded history which includes some serious legal issues see link (from what I understand this only scratches the surface)
BCSC: Disciplined Persons List: Shear, Jeffrey

so please ignore this jerk and don’t credit anything he says I would consider it a personal favor.

Consider it done, got to keep these evil people out of a good forum

Drawdown or no drawdown Robert and the SFX team are obviously good guys and I am sure they are too wise to get drawn in by a troll.

Today has been another pretty bad day but actually every cloud has a silver lining. It really does seem that every day the MS bleeds (as Johnny puts it :)) the BH comes on strong and vice versa.
Therefore these average days add further weight to Roberts consistent stance that they hedge each other and work as a team.

I am actually quite enjoying the ride anyway to be honest.

Has anybody tried settings that will not open new trades late on a Friday afternoon and also perhaps waits a few hours after market opens. Robert do you have any thoughts on this?

Alex

Hi Alexsd,
Fridays are really personal since they affect your weekend, sometimes in a big way when you know there is “stuff” going on, like European heads of state barking at each other, and the like.
That’s what happened this weekend…
The last settings in the “inputs” tab sets the closing time for Fridays, for “new” orders to come in. Any orders open before that time will [U]not[/U] be closed, but rather administered normally and allowed to stay open thru the weekend.
If you wish to skip Friday altogether, a very healthy approach, just set it to 0:00.
All the tests that I have conducted indicate that trading on Fridays makes money. Consequently I bite the bullet and I stay open.
The default settings stop entering new orders at 20:30 gmt (16:00 for BH), and anything open will probably be a source of some anxiety over the weekend.
Big gap openings are not the norm, but the exception. It could open your way, or against you. A bit of a gamble…
But most of us are big boys and when we gamble we know that it’s on us. So if you do gamble the Friday session, enjoy it for what it is, a bit of a gamble. If you want to trade more conservatively, the settings are there, just stop Friday trading altogether and enjoy your weekend.

Specifically with reference to this part Alex - I am pretty sure I have generally made good profits when the market opens on a Sunday as the gaps generally try to close and the trades taken usually reflect that. I will do some digging when I can to try to make this more of an evidence based statement than just an impression but I am pretty snowed under right now so will have to wait a while.

Cheers,
Dave.

EDIT - just checked and it seems not as good as I thought. These are all trades I have within the first hour of opening on a Sunday. All good except EURAUD - something to monitor I think! Small sample obviously.

Although EURAUD appears to be the pair to watch for losses, the market changes often. It is often cyclic in nature and fickled. Next week or next month it might be EURCHF.

IMHO, I am keeping the EAs running as they are and let the market do as it wishes. I will have losses and gains as will anyone else. However, with a well thoughtout and programmed EA like what Robert has provided, I feel the odds are in our favor to experience an overall net gain given time and patience.

Happy Trading!

I agree. I should have pointed out these are from mid-November until now.

wow up 2.9%? I’ve been down a lot since friday, it left trades opened over the weekend too and came in pretty negative sunday night. It’s trying to make it back right now but i’m down a lot.

Jeff

Very true, interesting to see how in December this post was dominated by posts about MS kicking a$$ and in Jan its BH turn!

I only started beginning of Jan so didn’t get a good head of steam from MS in December, so far I’m +480 pips on BH :slight_smile: / -678 on MS :frowning: but am feeling positive overall about the hedging strategy long term.