Smart FX Technology

looks like I’m up 3.72% for smfx ahh finally feeling like things are going to be moving in the right direction again.

I think I must have added the additional deposit to my account at a bad time. It adjusted the lot sizes during a nice downturn so my losses look like they are a lot more then they actually are. Damn lol.

For me, still down 4.12% for the month/year but up 1.22% so far this week. I was tempted to tweak settings at the beginning of the year (when I went live) but chose not to. Glad I didn’t. Hoping to pull into the green before the end of the month.

Tim

tberry61. How long hv you been testing?

im down total of 16% since i run the ea :confused: second week now, only running ms tho, got 2 good trades yesterday, nothing yet today

tradingshed, I checked out your link to myfxbook. Which one of the lavels is smart fx?

Right now I have two accounts. One live that started on Jan 8th.

Live account access is MBT Free ECN Live System | Myfxbook

I also have a demo account that has been running since Nov 6th

Demo account acces is MB Trading Demo System | Myfxbook

Both accounts are default (MBTrading specific) settings. Two things to note with the demo account. I didn’t change the settings for MB Trading until about December 6th (thats when it started taking off). Also I didn’t have the EA’s running between Jan 8th and 15th because of technical issues with metatrader. I’m quite perplexed with the demo and trying to understand why the account is doing so well besides the downtime it had. I really do think that money management is better with a $10k account than with $2500 account. If I can confirm that, I can see about dropping more money in the live account.

Tim

tberry, I hate to sound stupid but how can I sign up to publish my results on Myfxbook?

It’s ok! We were all there at some point. I’ll send you a PM on the side in a bit. In the meantime, just open an account on myfxbook and look around there. Take a look at the settings button. That is where you link up Metatrader.

Tim

Hey,

Sorry guys, but I’m kind of a lurker – I was wondering if it’s possible my settings are wrong. People are all saying they’re doing well this week, but I lost more than 3% of my account yesterday?

There can be a number of variables. These EA’s seem to be very particular to certain brokers (ECN type) Read prior entries in the thread. Also, settings can be an issue as you suspect. It’s recommended that you keep the default settings. Also, are you running both EA’s (Breakout Hunter and Master Scalper)? It would be very worthwhile to read the whole thread as it contains a lot of information.

Tim

i read all of you happy with these EAs

I have master scalper, got it 1 week of January, and since then my account is negative 18% :confused:

Do i have bad luck or why is my account getting hardly hit :frowning:

Do we have same trades?

Example, i didnt have any trades today, had 2 trades yesterday, positive both, both on euraud i think it was

I agree theyr support is amazing but does this really work?

Should i buy the other robot? i wanted to try this one and then buy the other one, but, are they just going to kill my account faster?

nabil, I am getting a message in Red NO TRADE DAY. Is this happening to you also?

Hi Nabil,

These EA’s are profitable in the long run, you cannot judge them on less than a month. As for 18% loss, are you running with default risk settings?

Jan has been a bad month and you get them sometimes but overall these are great EA’s, it is just unfortunate the timing of when you purchased them and jan being a low month. Plus it is also not even a full month as trading didn’t really start going until the second week of jan.

Just my thoughts :slight_smile:

I guessed it was my luck, ill keep it running, everything is default, ill inject more money, see how that affects it

Yes, im getting a no trade day msg on the left, i didnt have any trades today(tuesday) and im guessing the NTD is for wednesday as we are already on wednesday here

Happy trading everyone

what is your broker?

I received a communication that there will be no bot trading during Ecofin meetings. So that answers my question. This from smart fx customer service.

Hot forex, its the one they recommend, i use another broker for manuals

good to know! i usualy trade the trend so dont pay att. to news, this will keep me off trading for tomorrow morning!

What kind of leverage? Others are welcome to correct me but I think having high leverage like 300:1 might magnify the drawdown (as well as the gain).

Tim