So what do you think of cryptocurrencies?

With the popularity of cryptocurrencies and digital currencies do you think the Forex market is in any danger of going the way of the dinosaurs?

Lol, no. No more so than during Dutch “tulip mania”.

You can learn how to trade bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies too, which is pretty awesome

https://www.amazon.com/Extraordinary-Popular-Delusions-Madness-Crowds/dp/1463740514/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508878200&sr=8-1&keywords=extraordinary+madness+crowds

:relaxed:

[Edit - according to one of teh 1 star reviewers, you want one of teh original 700 page ones like mine - this one only has 200 ish - so has missing chapters. ]

Hi all,
The First and most famous Cryptocurrency acts as the the Digital gold, its prices are growing rapidly and have reach the 200% of its initial price. In My opinion Investing in Crypto currency is the best deal today that one could go for

2 Likes

What do you think about new coins, do they have a chance to succeed? I am looking at trade.io and it is rumored to be the biggest yet, can I know what you think?

You’re absolutely right. There are way too many major companies that have already invested in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We are in the digital age right now, and if they’re going to come up with a new form of currency, then its definitely not going to be another “paper” currency. Bitcoin has been doubling in value every 4 months at least.

Bitcoin as the most popular of crypto currencies does seem to be involved in a price bubble. In my opinion, this is because Bitcoin has recently lost its intrinsic value, and therefore people are only investing because they believe the price will continue to go up, very similar to the tulip mania price bubble, that popped when the individuals involved released that the tulips didn’t have an intrinsic value.

Bitcoin, as it stands, doesn’t have the value that it once did of being a relatively friction-less and cheap way of exchanging money. At the moment, it costs roughly £3 to send a bitcoin transaction, making it no better than existing options. This doesn’t look like it is going to change, as the capacity of the network isn’t going to increase much. The bubble will pop, but who knows when.

1 Like

So do you own any bitcoin?

Yep, I’ve had bitcoin for years. Fell out of love with it though, I started buying it for ideological reasons, and have since switched to buying Bitcoin Cash

1 Like

yea I heard a lot of good things about Bitcoin Cash. It’s doing really well so far

Stay away of Bcash boys :slight_smile:

I think that the Forex market is here to stay but that cryptocurrencies will just get more and more popular and their price will rise. However, currently there is a lot of insecurity in trading them. There was yet another hack and theft just two days ago - $31 million worth of Tether coins got stolen this Monday.
This is hardly the first such theft and I think we’ll see more of it in the future, unfortunately.

If someone wants to hack Bitcoin, they have to attack the majority of ledgers at the same time, which is almost impossible. The problem is in the exchanges and wallets that operate with bitcoin. That’s why people encourage any bitcoin/crypto holders to purchase a ‘hardware’ wallet such as the Ledger Nano S to store their coins. Its less than $100. It’s possible that can be hacked too, but it’s a much more safe and secure.

In my opinion It is a bubble that can explode soon. But it is very attractive to invest

There has been yet another hack and yet another theft. This time hackers breached the security of the NiceHash cryptocurrency exchange and stole, according to users, 4,736.42 BTC – an amount worth more than $73 million at current prices.
In the light of recent events it’s very hard to have trust in the system despite the Bitcoin’s incredible rally.

Cryptos are here to stay. Bitcoin is the hype at the moment, but I think once we learn more about some of the others out there, a couple will compete with Bitcoin for market share.

Coinbase CEO talking on Bloomberg yesterday
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2017-12-07/coinbase-ceo-on-crypto-surge-bitcoin-futures-irs-video

I absolutely agree that cryptocurrencies are here to stay. What bothers me are the constant thefts. I hope that in time security will improve, because in the last few months alone thieves have made off with over $100 million from cryptocurrency exchanges.

1 Like

What ? where’s this coming from - Ain’t they got CCTV ?

How do you get a Crime number ? and do the Insurance Companies pay up ?

[Edit - How do you Fence them ? Surely there is an "Audit trail " ? ]

Things can go downhill really fast if you’re not carefull, If you’re not sure if you should (Or why you should) invest on something as volatile as Bitcoin then you probabl should be doing it in the first place