South Korea exchanges being raided. Rumors of a crypto ban

This just happened. Bithumb and Coinone included in the raids.

Not what you want to hear, but it sounds like the Korean government is trying to curb some of the cryptocraziness that’s taken over the country, maybe even shut down some of the bad apples over there.

Time to buy, hold or sell?

I see a buying opportunity!

Yeah. I think it’s such a great time to buy too. :slight_smile: I just hope that it really DOES rally after all this. Hahaha.

Wouldn’t a ban cause a drop, rather than a rally?

Well, yeah. It would cause a significant drop. :frowning: I’m just hoping that something good happens so that the value could get back up.

Me too. The good news is that after such a drop one can buy from lower levels.

1 Like

Agree! It’s a good time to buy! :smiley:

So, do you plan to invest any time soon? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been going through cryptocurrency exchanges all day.

1 Like

Wow. Hahaha. And how was it? I think the value of BTC is still dropping. I check it every now and then. :frowning:

It seems to have found support above 11,000 but who knows how long that will last.

As for the exchanges, it was confusing, mostly, there are a lot of them out there.

Also, South Korea finally made up its mind about their ban.
They have abandoned the plans to impose a blanket ban on cryptocurrency trading in the country, but will nevertheless impose certain restrictions.

According to reports the authorities will enforce a ban on anonymous transactions and trading through virtual anonymous bank accounts, starting from January 30. Instead, six South Korean banks will be issuing new trading accounts, in compliance with KYC requirements. This means that the name on the traders’ account at the exchange and in the bank must match.

According to Financial Services Commission (FSC) vice-chairman Kim Yong-beom, on the day the banks roll out those new accounts, anonymous trading will be banned.

Oh! I’ve read about this too. Because of this, I expect the BTC to drop even more. You know, with governments trying to rein in the exchange and impose restrictions and regulations. Maybe the market wouldn’t be as volatile but the returns wouldn’t be as high either. :worried:

Are you actually invested in any cryptocurrencies?

Yes! :slight_smile: I’ve bought some already. But I’m thinking of buying some more. I’m just trying to see how low the prices would still go just so I could have a better entry.

But right now, I just have BTC. :slight_smile: I’m not yet very familiar with the altcoins so I haven’t really invested in those.

It’s not a blanket ban at least, so maybe the crash wouldn’t be very bad. I hope.

Interesting. Indeed, it might be a good time to invest in it, I was waiting for a good opportunity and it has (somewhat) arrived. Might be worth the risk.

Hope so too. fingers crossed

There is so much going on with cryptos right now so I guess since we can’t really know for sure when prices will rally, we just have to be very smart about how much we’ll further invest. :sweat_smile: :smiley: Do you own any bitcoin already?

I am still looking into bitcoin, I always come very close to buying it and then I just don’t. :confused:

Oh. Really? What’s stopping you then? :slight_smile: (I mean, there are probably a hundred of reasons lol)

1 Like

In my opinion with the way it’s going there might be another crash before it starts climbing again.

I think so too. Though I’m having second thoughts in buying some more BTC since some people say that the craze will end this year. Huhu. :frowning:

If you want peace of mind, invest only what you’re willing to lose. And if you fundamentally believe in some of the things cryptos and BTC are aiming to do, go for it. Long term hold, go for it. But imagine having invested in BTC at the end of December last year when price hit $19k. You’re hating life at the moment. So understand that it’s the wild wild west, as many have said. You will see double digit swings up and down over a short period of time. That’s a guarantee.

2 Likes