$* Statistical London Breakout Strategy *$

Hi Jonathan and thanks again for your hard work with the EA…

I’m the one who’s still having the 5 entries issue
(tried with different brokers, actually with Armada markets live account, no orders were sent…) You never commented… Any ideas why?

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, I must have overlooked your post!!
I have never had that issue actually so I can’t really tell why it is like that for you. You only have one chart on which the EA is attached right? Are there any messages/errors in the Experts/Journal Tab?

Thanks

London is selling off, about 60 pips positive right now…I need some pips to make up for some of these recent losses!

cools stuff! is there a working EA that has been backtested already available here?

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your help… Actually I found the problem… Like always my own stupid mistake… I had the Max_Retries set to 5…??? That was causing it if course…
Sorry for bothering:(

Thanks guys for your hard work the strategy and EA are great!

Hi, actually that should definitely not cause your problem. Does it work properly now? The retry function is only for a situation when the order gets rejected by the broker or something, the EA will then try the specified number of times to place the order until the broker accepts it… So that actually should not be the issue :wink:

I had seen something similar at forexfactory
They have developed EA too.

Yesterday’s session to session closed at +55 pips!
And today looks really good, up about 60 pips right now.

Hey Jonathan, I noticed the EA actually closed my session-to-session idea at 20:00, which was my close pending order setting.

Does this setting have anything to do with this?

Also_Close_Open=1

I thought this setting was to close all orders, pending and open, at the end of the week.
If if turn it off, will it still close all pending and open orders on friday at 20:00?
Or should I put the close_pending_time to 08:59 to get the session to session idea to work the best?..In other words will it work past 23:59?

Correct, if it is set to 1 it will close ALL orders, if 0 it will only close pendings. Good question, I did not take that into consideration developing that function, I will keep it in mind when preparing an update!

Should I put the close_pending_time to 08:59 to get the session to session idea to work the best?..In other words will it work past 23:59?

Today’s London closed at 20:00 with 45 pips in the bag, not too bad, but this week netted a loss with this because of monday’s near miss.

Also what is the real viability of having probably a new EA just for session to session that doesn’t use pending orders, but market orders set to fire at the ends of a reference candle, and once a market order is entered, then if price comes back where that would be BE +spread (which means a loss the size of spread on sells, no actual loss on buys) a market order closes the opened order and market orders an opposite order right there, instead of waiting for other side of ref candle.
This means if the prices opens a buy at 1.3000 on a bid chart, the with no regard for the spread, if bid price is 1.29999, then there is only a sell trade open, and when bid price is 1.3000 and above there is only a buy trade open. Then when the next session’s ref candle is about to close, close that open order, and get ready for the next session…does this make sense?

I changed my settings on the Session-to-Session idea with the buffers going 7 pips above and below the reference candle and the maxSL as 40 pips. I also put the cancel_pending_orders time as 8:59…this should work for session-to-session, right?

also, Jonathan, if you haven’t already, please reference my previous post about a modification idea using market orders only.

London has an open, hanging sell, today

Hi PC :slight_smile:

Ummm… I’m not quite sure I understand your idea for the EA fully, what is the difference between Stop-orders and market orders (which would be “internal stop orders” for the EA)? Sorry if I didn’t get that right.

well, to be honest for the initial orders, they could be stop orders, but brokers limit pending order to be 1 pip away or more from market price, and market orders can get around that. The market orders could be used to keep a general rule. To explain the rule, I’ll use the hypothetical example of the price number 1.3000. If price is 1.3000 or above, then the EA makes sure there is a buy trade open, if price is 1.29999 or lower, than the EA makes sure there is only a sell trade open. This means every time the price whips around the 1.3000 handle, the EA will only allow losses the size of the spread…does this make sense? Pending orders won’t work because of the 1 pip rule. Also the EA would only use the Bid chart price, not the trade or ask price.

Hi jonathan,

Yeah I also thought the Max_Retries setting shouldn’t affect this… but now that I’ve changed it to 1 it works fine…
If I put 2, 2 orders are sent each way…etc… ??

Can’t tell you why though:eek:, but as long as is working now… :smiley:

Thanks again

Yesterday’s london session-to-session idea netted about 5 pips, today started with a loss, and sell is open.

This is going to look like the last post, but it’s for the following day…:smiley:

Yesterday’s london session-to-session idea netted about -65 pips, today’s sell is open, about +37 pips positive right now.

Rough week so far, london session started with a very small profit from the session before, and today ranged out…too bad too, because the news this morning after taking out all the stops, is pushing the Euro way up.

I have been lurking around this thread for a few weeks, reading and re-reading and re-re-reading the thread from start to where we are now and I just wanted to dedicate my first post on this forum to the people who have done such great work with defining and refining what appears to be a great mechanical system.

I’m very new to all this and I have not been able to get the EA to work properly on my demo acc however, up until this point I have been very interested in getting a really solid understanding of the system rather than just downloading it and hoping for the best.

Anyway thanks again and once I get the EA working I am hoping to use it on my demo account to get a real flavour for how the system works in real time.

So does this strategy work on any server time? Or does it have to be GMT? Sorry if this has been asked already