STOCHASTIC-indicator and the ZIGZAG-indicator! Know the truth!

Friend, forgive me but you r close!
Keep tunning!!!

DEEPER things are not free. Sad thing is, blasting me for sharing what I have with you so far, is UNGRATEFUL.
Thank you.

zigzag on 4hour is 100 instead of 200

explain more your chart pics. what’s whith the points marked with an X ?

My zigzag looks slightly different from yours on this daily chart in the area of the green circle. Is that because it repainted? Or is it a slight difference in settings?

Hi,

No offence CERTAINTY but saying that others are being ‘UNGRATEFUL’??? I don’t think so!!! The WAY that you’re ‘sharing’ isn’t helping any single one of them (by not giving ‘specifics’). As a matter of fact: the WAY you’re ‘sharing’ is going to do more harm than good. Why??? Because with HINDSIGHT BOTH the ZigZag Indicator as well as Stochastics look ‘oh so accurate’ and this ‘setup’ of yours looks ‘oh so simple’. In PRACTICE: the ZigZag Indicator is useless. Whether or not your using Stochastics for confirmation (or the other way around) works: well ‘who knows’ simply because you’re not giving ‘specifics’ and ‘DEEPER things are not free’??? What exactly was the point of starting this thread in the first place if that’s the case (unless of course there is a ‘charge’ for the ‘DEEPER things’ that can be found on some or the other link around here somewhere) in which case starting the thread makes TOTAL sense of course. Good luck with that.

If this ‘system’ is so great (not to mention the other three to which you referred): then it follows that you should be making an absolute FORTUNE so what do you care if others use this ‘system’ with your being more ‘specific’ about your settings??? Are you worried that if every other member of BabyPips traded your ‘system’ if would start to fail??? Trust me when I say that if you took ALL the members of these forums with ALL their capital combined (and assuming that your ‘system’ is as accurate as you say it is): their combined trades would still not be enough to move the spot FOREX market in one direction or the other.

Anyway: I personally wouldn’t ‘bet’ my retiring after trading for two years on either the ZigZag Indicator or Stochastics (PARTICULARLY not on the ZigZag Indicator) and I would strongly suggest (to any new traders reading this thread) that you READ A WHOLE LOT MORE about the ZigZag Indicator before YOU TOO think that you’ve now ‘come close’ to that ‘elusive Holy Grail’.

Regards,

Dale.

So which one is Zigzag or stochastics?

on the first post the first picture is daily with a zigzag value of 200, the second picture is also daily but it has a zigzag of 100. You are changing the indicator to fit the chart even on the same timeframe.

Ungrateful? I don’t believe “use a zigzag and stocastic because they are awesome, now go find the settings yourself” is exactly a piece of advice I should be kissing your arse for. Forgive me for being a sceptic, but lets spin this on it’s head for a second. Lets say I gave you a glitzy buzzword filled presentation about a superb new diet pill, boasted about how it never fails and said that it will give superb results with minimum effort. Even though it sounds fantastic, I never actually told you the ingredients of the pill. Would you eat it? Would you even waste your time trying to find out what was in it to make it so great? Or would you just go back to the tried, tested and proven method of hitting the gym?

What I’m saying, in a very wierd and long winded way, is show me the how and why then I will be happy to believe you, but the burden of proof should always fall on the one making the claim, not the other way around. I think TalonD and dpaterso have hit the nail on the head, there is nothing to see here, move along.

Sorry but this IS HILARIOUS:

Ungrateful? I don’t believe “use a zigzag and stocastic because they are awesome, now go find the settings yourself” is exactly a piece of advice I should be kissing your arse for.

And call me Dale Shroomhead!!! LOL!!! ‘dpaterso’ is a bit ‘formal’!!! LOL!!!

Look CERTAINTY: nobody is ‘dumping’ on you but I think the point has been made. Maybe you DID have good intentions that went ‘awry’. I see that you have 200 posts (although I personally didn’t know you even existed until today) so I’m figuring if you were INDEED just some ‘troll’ you’d have been kicked off here a long time ago. Just give everybody the parameters that you use and then leave them to their own devices. Let them paper trade the ‘system’ (although, to be honest, as I’m typing this, I’ve just realised that it would be totally impossible to paper trade the ZigZag Indicator without going to an IMPOSSIBLE amount of trouble because you’d not be able to work out when it ‘Zigged’ and when it ‘Zagged’ and when it then decided to ‘Zig’ again and only THEN FINALLY ‘Zagged’ again so FOR ONCE even I have to admit that the only way this could be tested would be by way of automatic ‘step through’ type backtesting which brings ME to a question: how have YOU backtested it???).

Anyway: I’m ‘Zig Zagging’ away from this thread for now (at least until you can prove your claims and are prepared to disclose your ‘DEEPER things’)!!! LOL!!! (FOR FREE by the way)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Certainty, does your system work with lower timeframes than 4H, Daily…?

That’s how they look like in real:

:smiley:

Okay guys, if you want a system with zigzag and stochs and no bait and switch, look there:

176# High Probability System - Forex Strategies - Forex Resources - Forex Trading-free forex trading signals and FX Forecast

I have no idea if that is working, but at least there are all rules there from the start. No begging needed. :wink:

Have fun everybody! :slight_smile:

FX is a game where we continuously see new faces with over inflated egos who fancy themselves as the next George Soros, Warren Buffet or even a Paul Rotter. Many end up as another Bernard Maddof.

There is always supply when there is demand

Now I am going to let that statement hang in there for the reader to think about and stop commenting further for now.

Everyone looks for the holy grail (demand) and the guru who will give it to them (supply)

I have an open mind but then the ZZ period gets manipulated to fit the chart. Of course the stoch extremes are going to match up with price peaks and valleys, all oscillators pretty much do that. That’s not to say that the Stochs aren’t good to look at. If you look at where it crosses the 50 up or 50 down then price goes in that direction a ways. Or if you look at where it goes into or the points where it comes out of extremes. You could pick up some pips.

As long as there are those who are looking for the holy grail and an easy way out, there will be bull**** artists and charlatans. Supply and Demand.

I am not posting in the forum again. But I just want to point this to you. Your mind iS DARK!!!

“Snake in grass”. cOMPARE this with this other post.

You do not know me! You will regret!!! So, So, wrong!!!

I can’t believe the daily email linked to this rubbish; unbelievable.

Certainty (you’ll forgive me for capitalising your name correctly), your system gives me anything but. I’m out.

Come on mate! I posted perfectly legit questions from someone really really keen to understand your take on trading and follow your system and all you have time for is to rebuff a few posters who have a go at your character.

Forget them and focus on those who are keen to learn!

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and I was the first to come out and support you publicly, asking that everyone give you space to say what you wanted to say and share what you know if that is what you are here for genuinely.

And you take that support as a blank cheque?

If you are not sincere in sharing what you have, then dont. No one is forcing you.

Finally, those who really are here with the right intentions would not take my statement on Supply and Demand personally.

Unless ofcause you are part of the supply chain.

This behavior so reminds me of Kreslik. Speaking in tongues and riddles.

Finally, I am sorry, but I dont think I will regret. The pickings for those who are following the thread itself shows.

We’ll never know now… Banishment has brought an end to uncertainty.

I like zigzags. BUT, don’t try to trade them by letting them call tops or bottoms. They are better used in conjunction with established points of interest like, s/r, daily highs, or lows, or opens and closes.

Missed the irony on that one!

Atleast someone has got their Christmas wish early this year.

CERTAINTY did, on various threads, inform us of his retirement, effective immediately, a few times, so I fear he would have kept coming back in Colombo-esque, ‘just one last thing’ fashion, so I think he left the mods little choice.

Overall it is probably right that he has been banned, but part of me will miss him/her. I decided pretty early on that I would never trade anything he recommended (not the hardest decision of my trading career) but his threads were hilarious. So a small part of me will miss reading his latest argument about how ungrateful the world is, or how a 300 pip move against the direction he has recommended his acolytes to trade is simply a correction and does not invalidate the strategy. Despite the 30 pip Stop he described…

So a day of mixed emotions here!

ST