Strategy for only trading with mobile phone?

Hi baby’s!

I’m new here! I introduced a bit myself in presentation section.

For bad luck, my laptop crashes a few months ago and only i have a mobile phone.

I post because i would like know what is the best simple and effective strategy to trading with phone, with mt4.

I tested a lot strategies i found in websites and youtube, but i continue losing more than winning, of course in demo. I’m anxious to jump in real hehe.

This summer while working, are only the one time i trade in real, with phone, with 20$ and trading with xauusd, i don’t remember all, only i was winning 300$ in only one day and following the trend in 4h, for the job. Next day, i try do the same and lose it all, half with stop loss and the others without it :sweat_smile::see_no_evil: i’m not sure if i did with only 2 ema’s and rsi 14 close (for one screenshot i have in 1min), but for more i try, i can’t do it again… :thinking:

And today i wanted post here, if any know the best way to trade only with phone.

I accept suggestions and criticism, of course, only for upgrade my skills and my mindset.

And how i say in presentation, sorry for my bad english, i’m spanish :see_no_evil:

Thanks for all in advance! :blush:

4 Likes

Hi :slight_smile: for me, mobile version platforms are only for check current positions. Regards Greg

6 Likes

Hi ProfesorPips!

Thanks for your answer!

I understand but maybe is possible trading so good with phone how do it with computer?

I know with computer you can have more and better indicators, with phone i don’t know how install indicators in mt4.

Sometimes i check tradingview (free version) but i would like only use mt4.

Any suggestion to read better the market? Trends, supports and resistances?

I check website investing too, for technical and try follow trends, but i think i lost trying a lot of things :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

Thanks!

1 Like

The best strategy for a mobile phone is to delete your trading platform from it completely.

By doing this you will automatically be ahead of the 90% of traders who are trading using them.

Mobile phone trading is like having a slot machine following you around all day.

In trading we need set routine, organisation and structure.

You don’t get that as you are trading as you shop for groceries, at the pub, or are driving in the car.

Quit mobile phone trading and see your results improve.

But if your plan is to contribute to the bottom line of your brokers profit and loss account feel free

23 Likes

I do not advise you to go live trading using a mobile platform. As there is no such thing like “a special strategy for mobile trading platform”. You can wait for your laptop to revive but please do not completely rely on mobile trading as its major role is just to keep you updated on your trade. You can certainly trade on mobile if you are pro, but for a newbie i dont recommend it.

3 Likes

Hi, @Johnscott31 clearly described what happen when you trade by phone. You also have the web version of the platform at your disposal. One of the solution is go to the daily charts and set support and resistance levels there based on your analysis. At the close of the day, set your stop orders to the levels you previously rated. If you need more analysis space, send the phone image to the TV if possible. Regards Greg

1 Like

just don’t waste your time on these shits , if you wanna trade , trade like you mean it (you get the idea |:slight_smile:

1 Like

honestly I cant see anything on a mobile phone. the charts are too small for my big eyes :see_no_evil: I wouldn’t advise you to trade off a phone.

2 Likes

Very bad idea. Too many people are using their phones to trade, which is why so many of them are losing. Get yourself a laptop or desktop and setup properly. Mobile should be used only for monitoring your trades…no denying it, mobile screen is so damn small it is annoying as hell :wink:

1 Like

You can still trade on your mobile phone but as others have mentioned it, it is only used for monitoring your position. I use my laptop to set a trade idea and then I use my phone to check whether I have entered the trade or near stop loss or target profit. I am with the other members when they say the mobile app is only used to check your position not trade on it.

Hi,
I no longer trade from my phone. I only use it to monitor my MT4 accounts that are being traded by a trade copier service generating me profit on auto pilot. When I do decide to scalp I need to be in front of my pc with my template all set up on my charts.

Rakingitnow

I use my iphone 6s to trade as I’m not near my laptop as much as I would like to be. I trade the 1hr chart as this suits my trading style. I use a simple moving average bounce strategy and only trade the majors, so I only have to check my charts for a few minutes on the hour to either open or close a trade. I do however have my mt4 platform running on my laptop at home throughout the day with notifications enabled so that way my phone is alerted whenever a stop loss or take profit is hit.

1 Like

I think you can if you are a par time trader. If you work full time, you can not sit on laptop all day. If you trade on long time frame like daily time frame, you don’t need to sit on the computer all day.

Moreover, if you have a large screen mobile like iPhone 6s plus, you can install mt4 or other charting software on it. They have same indicators as laptop. Like moving averages, Rsi etc.

1 Like

Hey Dear Trader Uri32,

My recommendation on using Mobile Phone or Phone in general to trade is not acceptable, trading needs more attention, in terms of the overall view of the chart.

Using a phone is very detrimental to your trading success, I can say this because I blew my first account in a day using my phone.

What I recommend a phone for in trading is to track the progress of your trade but to analyze the market and check for entries setup… ah… OYO (on your own).

Just use your phones to track the progress of the trade you’ve placed on your computer system. I don’t recommend even a tablet with keypads.

Try fixing your PC then continue trading with it.

Peace! Happy Trading

Apart from the small screen size is there any technical hindrance to actual trading on mobile phone, as all facilities available on MT4, save for EA trading, are available on the App.

Totally agree with you .

1 Like

By reading this thread I have realized a lot of why I’ve failed so much recently. I have been making the mistake of pulling out my phone and looking at tradingview charts way too much when it is not necessary. The problem for me is that I will look at charts any free moment I have and I am seeing set ups that aren’t actually there. I do however use an iPad which is very helpful and I prefer it to my laptop but for now I’m not going to look at charts on my phone again. Likely only MT4 for executing and monitoring trades.

1 Like

The Technical Hindrance is the fact that the visibility of the charts its overall pattern and the rest are not reasonable. You’ll have to zoom in pretty much to see patterns or even to check your indicators such as the RSI, MACD and the likes. And you know TA involves all these, Being able to see a very large portion of the chart is very important to TA. So that’s it for me.

1 Like

Only use mobile phone to control your current trade when you are out of screen and do your analysis starting from monthly, weekly, confirm it with Daily and trigger it with 4H time frame. You get the overall trend by looking at the big picture and by doing this you will definitely do away with indicators.

1 Like

It seems that many members do not recommend mobile only for all aspects of trading. I have to agree. Whilst I can check and enter/exit with my mobile, it drives me nuts to try to do any technical analysis (or fundamental or news checking for that matter) without my comfortable big screen desktop set up. If money is very tight, do you have regular access to an internet cafe (or other public internet service like a public library) that you can visit at set times per day that do not interfere with your working life? Some services may be free, some may be paid. You may still be limited to web browsing, but MT4 is not the only game in town. I find some of the browser apps perfectly adequate for planning trades.

1 Like