Stuff

LOL yall are cracking me up. I gotta try that with the helium! heheh

Ok, so what happens if an irresistible force meets an immovable object?

How about stupid headlines?
(These are for real, BTW)

1. Army truck vanishes after painted camouflage.
  2. Man accused of killing lawyer receives a new attorney.
  3. Mayor to homeless person: “Go home!”
  4. Missippi’s literacy progrem showes improvment.
  5. Homicide victims rarely talk to police.
  6. Poison control center reminds everyone to not take poison.
  7. County spends $750,000 to advertise they lack funds.
  8. Most earthquake damage is caused by shaking.
  9. Fed agents raid gun store, find weapons.
  10. Study shows teen pregnancy drops off after age 20.
  11. City unsure why sewer smells.
  12. 17 remain dead in morgue shooting spree.
  13. Princess diana was still alive hours before she died.

ROFL!

And…check this:

Here’s a super simplified explanation of why the country can’t afford to not make big spending cuts (via Jazz Shaw):

U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:

Annual family income: $21,700
Money the family spent: $38,200
New debt on the credit card: $16,500
Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

2 Likes

That’s a great illustration. Thanks for posting.

There’s an error in your last line-item — if the government’s budget cuts are $38.5 billion, then the family’s budget cuts should be $385.

But, either way, your point is made in a way that even “low-information” Obama voters should be able to understand.

I’m going to copy-and-paste this part of your post (after making the correction), and send it to some friends.

Stupid headlines for stupid people… And a lovely portrayal of just how out of touch our fearless leaders are.

I just went 12 rounds with a misguided idiot who said that she was pissed of that congress was going to be “cutting” social security by virtue of the new CPI calculation. Congress was saying they could “cut” social spending by recalculating the way the COLA increases happen.

She went on and on about how those people were ever going to survive getting “less” money. I finally had enough, and went at her. I found it like trying to reason with cheese. It just never happened. She was so sure of the word “cut” meaning that people would receive less in benefits that she had lost all sensibility.

But at the heart of it, all the “cuts” that congress is talking about are actually still increases. Across the board. Defense spending, programs like social security, and medicare. Every facet of the government will still grow. They are qualifying “cuts” by saying they had been spending $100.00 on something, and were going to increase it to $120.00, but now are only going to go to $110, so they cut 8% off the top. Never mind the fact that they increased it 10% to start with…

It’s a ridiculous world we live in. And the stupid people out there think that congress is “cutting” something…

I think I’m even more irked now by Obama’s action through all of this. He’s passed the buck to horseface Biden twice now in a month.

Obama can’t do anything but seem to point fingers and say how silly that the GOP has been. Have they? Yes. But so have the esteemed democrats in congress. “Dirty Harry” pushing bills off, and not putting them before the senate that the GOP house has already passed. Stupid gamesmanship by all. And the worst part is that I just saw a poll of the top ten most distrusted professions in the US. Number one was car salesman. Number two, and it almost a tie with number one, was congressman.

Why does ANYONE feel the need to defend their party when nine out of ten of us deem NONE them much more honest than a used car salesman? Stupidity… Just plain and simple.

okay here is what’s on my mind lately and a question…

I want to preface this by saying that I am from CT and I actually did a huge job in Newtown about 6 years ago. It is a great town and the last place on earth that you would expect a slaughter no less little children! So I want to be clear when I say that my heart and my tears from the depth of my soul goes out to those parents who lost loved ones. When I heard the news I was working and on my drive home I actually had to pull over from weeping! It hurts my heart so bad as a father that someone could do such a thing.

here’s the thing

Talks quickly turned to gun control and a ban on assault rifles. I personally think this is ridiculous. it’s like blaming the spoon coz you are fat! or blaming a fast car for a speeding ticket.

Before Obama does something stupid! lol!! oxymoron I mean moron uhmm lets continue

I am thinking of buying 10 or 12 ar 15 lower receivers so that they will be “pre ban 2.0” I made that up but basically there was a ban and it was lifted and there will likely be another ban and of course each state adopts there own laws and criteria.

Questions
does it make sense to buy these as an investment?
if there is a new ban will these be grandfathered in?
will I be able to legally sell or transfer these after a ban is in effect?

Any other idea’s or input would be great. I am no gun expert but I do enjoy my second amendment rights and I whole heartily agree with Wayne laPiere when he says the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Not to get on a soap box but if you look at 911 thousands were killed using a planes and box cutters
timothy mcveigh killed 168 people including 19 children and he did it with some fertilizer amongst other things

my point is if there is enough motivation to commit an atrocious act than that person will find the means to accomplish it with or without guns.

Anyway sorry for the rant but its on my mind.

1 Like

Hey, John

I think Michael Huddleston is the guy you want to talk to. He’s away from the forum presently, dealing with some personal issues, but we expect him back in the future. Check out this recent post of his —

http://forums.babypips.com/melting-pot/45111-2012-mayan-calendar-prophecy-new-world-order-global-economic-collapse-3.html#post365271

As far as I know, nobody on this forum has more experience with serious Second Amendment fire-power than Michael.

(Dozens of AR-15’s and AK-47’s! Are you kidding me?)

:42:

By the way, the longer you hang around on this forum, the more you start looking like Larry Williams. :18:

Happy New Year, John.

Michael is already my forex hero so maybe he can be my 2nd amendment rights goto guy as well. I notice a lot of us seem to like guns and working with our hands and physics (although not so much me). I wonder how we can figure out what similar traits we all have. it would be interesting.

AS for the Larry Williams remark I literally laughed out loud!!! Just paying homage
Anyway Happy New Year to you too!!!

Not to piss you off but what do you want to bet Obama gets elected for a third term. I’m just sayin’ you heard it here first :frowning:

I just followed your link. Wow I never knew Michael was a “prepper”

Anyway nothing at all wrong with it. I do have a plan but nothing as sophisticated as his. Maybe I should build a bunker underground, the thought has crossed my mind.

I heard that back during the elections they actually considered getting Karl Pilkington to run for president… but they already had an idiot. Somewhere there is a village in search of Obama

If you don’t have an AR and you are legally able to get one, I totally would. If I was certain there wasn’t going to be a ban yet, I would definitely wait until the panic buying dies down and prices stabilize. It’s been absolutely crazy, I have seen PMAG’s going for $50. They normally go for like $12 each. Prior to the election I stocked up on them. Could be an amazing payoff, but they are not for sale :wink: . AR15’s, AK’s, FAL’s… everything that looks “scary” has been flying off the shelves and has gone up in price, even a lot of Fudd guns. Ammo has gone up in price too.

I’d say the likelihood of a Federal Ban is not as likely at the present time as many people think, however I hope that more people keep fighting for their 2A rights with vigorous passion and instill the Fear of God into the politicians who are on the fence about new restrictions and there will certainly be many battles for the 2nd amendment in the near future.

The likelihood for more restrictions in liberal bastions like CT is probable though. Sorry =/

I wouldn’t buy one as an investment though, unless you mean a defense investment or a “Crap hits the fan” investment. In my opinion it would be like buying at the peak right now, although if a ban actually does take effect, there is no saying what the prices would go. After the Hughes amendment [U]Unconstitutionally[/U] banned the manufacture of fully automatic firearms in 1986, the prices of full auto guns have gone through the roof. $10k+ for a transferable, pre-1986 M16. From what I heard, there are about 183,000 transferable machine guns, and I’m not sure if that includes things like transferable, fully automatic sears and lower receivers that can be used to legally convert a semi-auto to a machine gun.

AR15’s are one of the most popular rifles in America now, partially thanks to the politicians that constantly threaten to ignore the Constitution and restrict them. In 2009 1 out of every 4 firearms manufactured in America was an ar15 type rifle.

Also, from what I have heard, it seems like CT is probably going to tighten its already strict gun laws. I have no doubt that if they ban “scary” guns you will still be able to own Fudd guns, but once the precedent has been set, there is no telling how soon it will be before they start banning other classes of firearms.

If you have the money to burn, go ahead and get one, but IMO, I wouldn’t buy one as an investment because cashing out on that investment could entail federal prison if Swinestein and the other fools get their restrictions passed.

I want everybody’s opinion on this.

About two weeks ago, a famous hedgefund declared war on a MLM, publically traded nutritional supplementation company.
The company is over 30 years old, has over $1 billion a year sales, very well established, and no real or actual negative problems.

The hedgefund manager had a big conference and spoke for over 3 hours using slides, videos, and pictures to try to build a case that this particular company is a scam, and that he was going to short them into the ground, literally until their trading price fell off the Nasdaq. He claims the MLM idea itself is to blame, that it is a scam, and nobody but the top 1% of distributors benefits from the sales, and that the company will collapse because it’s revenue is derived, he claims, from a high turnover rate of distrubutors “on the bottom”. The story can be found on Forbes’ magazine site.
So far, the price had dipped, but now other hedge funds are betting against him and the price has risen as they are buying.

What do you think about this? Do you think it’s a great idea to try to entice clients or make money by publically smashing a company with claims like this? Do you think the claims are legit or libel? What about the MLM concept, do you think it’s a good general compensation system, assuming a good product is being sold, or do you think a person should not receive extra payment for convincing others to buy a product from a company, or in other words, high sales volume?

What’s your opinion?

In my opinion it is not the hedgefund’s place to act like a watch dog for the nutritional supplement industry. Allthough I agree mlm is basically a legal pyramid scheme if they felt something illegal or unethical was going on I am sure there is a proper way to wage a complaint.

This person sounds “angry” and anger and ignorance go hand in hand. Problem is also that he is trading his fund out of anger in the hopes of devastating this company. Since he probably forced the price down and other funds saw value so they bought. Guess that means his funds will suffer a loss.

My take away…no matter how good it feels you can’t trade with emotion!

Which MLM?

Here is a link and inside the story there is additional links to the original story and the targeted company’s response.

Trying To Follow Bill Ackman’s Herbalife Short? Good Luck - Forbes

David Einhorn and Bill Ackman are right… Herbalife is a pyramid scheme

Their sales come mainly from the fee of new distributors and sales to them… HLF products are overpriced around 3 to 5 times the market… the net of distributors are more like a cult, and a lot of revenues come from motivational materials sold to the new “distributors”

Another well known pyramid scheme is amway… here is a good read about it:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/gl/articles/merchants_of_deception.pdf

Anybody else ever wonder how big the rod was that held up the iron curtain?

I think that was a nim rod

Have any of you watched the British show ‘millionaire traders’ ? They traded stocks rather than currencies. I kept wondering what software they were using. They didn’t place orders online, they called them in to a broker. The big surprise to me was the top performer in the group had a whole whopping 1% gain at the end of the show.

For anyone interested in the ongoing story of hedgefund vs. MLM

Third Point’s Dan Loeb Takes Stake in Herbalife - WSJ.com

More people’s opinions?

Pipcompounder, are you an Herbalife rep?

After a workplace check on my hearing - loss of 6% in one ear (probably bad considering I am only 30) - they really do need to figure this out Is it possible that deaf people can become immune to LRAD attacks? - Yahoo! Answers - We hear through vibration in our ear cavities (the hairs and all the scientific stuff) but LRADS.