Stuff

Absolutely not!!

I am interested to see how this turns out to have a 30 year company under attack from somebody who seems to me to make money trying to crash other people’s businesses. I think both types of industry, hedge funds and nutritional companies who use MLM approach, can be “kosher”, or legitimate, or however you define good. And they can also choose to be scams.
I think the outcome of this will prove which side is a scammer. I have more opinions about this, but I am curious to see how many people think every MLM is a pyramid scheme, which BTW is illegal, and how many people think this particular hedge fund is a bit of a slanderer, or in other words, lying. Or do they think one or the other is a “good” business, doing what they should be doing.

It’s official. The universe is finite. That’s verry dissapointing, I was hoping for infinite.

The difference between a MLM and a Pyramid Scheme is very clear… a PS get most of its revenues from recruiting while MLM is a compensation strategy… Unfortunately most pyramids hide behind a MLM system. Long time ago I was a distributor for Herbalife and Amway, and know very well their business to tell you without a doubt they are pyramids schemes…

Why after 30+ years these pyramids haven’t collapsed?

They are wide base pyramids feeding from millions of young unemployed and underemployed people… that is why they flourish in third world countries

I don’t like how they are advertised. They give the impression that anyone with little effort can make a lot of money and that’s just not true.
I have a colleague on the west coast that makes a living selling this dream. And he’s a hard working guy. Probably ends up working more than the 40 hour corporate jail he’s always venting about.

The reality is that it’s not just about buying something and telling your friend to do the same. It is an outside sales position that requires a strong knowledge of managing a sales force and pushing an overpriced product line into the marketplace.

With the course of my work, I’m pitched another opportunity about once a quarter, so I’ve seen them all.
Personally, I prefer to not have to depend on someone else to produce for me to get paid. As it stands right now, the business I put on the books is mine and what keeps is my residual. I could care less about bringing someone on my team as an incentive to make more.

Here is the latest news about Hedge Fund vs. MLM…

Herbalife defends its honor as Ackman presses case | Reuters

This article has some more info about the company itself, too.

2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette
The Stingray returns: Chevy unveils C7 Corvette - Business on NBCNews.com

Looks more exotic every year…I like :smiley:

Nice car, lets all buy one with our forex earnings!

How did I miss that announcement?! Thanks for posting, Clint, always fascinating to see how design is evolving. Think I prefer this one to the previous couple of incarnations.

Ok, now for my opinion on the whole hedge fund vs MLM thing…

I think a hedge fund should be free to trade and talk about their trade however they want, that’s their business. Most people should have the common sense to see if when someone makes accusations, to perceive if they are true, or if they are lies to profit from. I think people must be aware that they are individually responsible for their actions, so if they join the hedge fund shorting, they shouldn’t blame them when the price goes against them. They should have done their own homework.

I think the MLM approach to marketing can be one of the very best wealth vehicles around, but it depends on many different foundational things to be successful. Again an individual must do their research and homework, and usually results with common sense can tell if something is legit…especially these days with google.
A successful MLM must have a product that everyone wants, that is unique in high quality, so that it’s not found at just any discount retail store. It must only profit from direct sales of the product, nothing else, including just signing people up. People who succeed in this type of business are those who don’t chase money, but instead build real relationships with people. The idea is you really get paid for sales volume, but also to help someone else get paid, as recording artists are paid royalty, or software companies on their licensing, there is residual income that happens each time a customer repeatedly buys the product.
I think there’s a lot of people who look at this from the wrong perspective that only the people at the top are making money, which isn’t true in a good company, and that they must keep others at the bottom to keep paychecks coming in. The opposite is true, you don’t get paid more until your volume increases, which can only be a result of other’s sales, who you helped start, so the truth is: you get paid to help others get paid more. Someone who only looks at people above them with envy won’t succeed, but someone who “gets it” and starts getting others involved, will eventually be at a pinnacle themselves. In a successful company, the percentage of payment from sales volume increases as the volume increases, so the pay is exponential, except that as people underneath who grow volume, also get increases in percentage which is minused from the people above, so the math works out. They usually figure out the percentage to change where when someone below hits a “level”, the person above who gets a little percentage cut, doesn’t lose much due to the increased volume, which makes up for it.(it took volume of $$$ for that lower person to get to the next “level”).
It is the best system of creating wealth I have ever looked into. Nope, I’m not telling anybody about how I relate to this type of business…and it’s not Herbalife.

I do think forex is a good wealth-making system, it just has a lot of potential risk, which I am willing to take.

Simply put, the mass majority of MLM’s generate the majority of their sales from their distributors and not because of the sales those distributors have.

It is catered to the lower to middle income folks who are looking for an escape for their overall underpaid and under educated position in the work force.

For most, a part time job cleaning buildings at night generates a larger income.

Right, and I would compare those companies to bucket shop forex brokers.
There are a few, very few, of mlm\brokers who are genuine and offer better opportunity…just a bit fun to try to find them.

Ha
ROFL!

I was in tears laughing at this, thought you guys might like it…it’s a story of human ingenuity…I would call this ambitiously lazy…But in my book, completely valid…this guy should be allowed to do this, I would, if I could, only I would be trading.

Programmer Fired After Company Found He Outsourced His Job to China and Watched Cat Videos Instead of Working | TheBlaze.com

Have you ever read “the four hour work week” ? It’s all about how to be lazy and get the same amount of work done.

I don’t understand the problem. The got what they wanted. It’s their fault for not looking at cost cutting solutions like this in the first place.

Impractical Jokers is my new favorite show.

Riddle me this batman. A guy comes to a bridge that crosses a railroad track. He crosses the bridge and yet also goes around it at the same time. How does he do it?

The bridge is sentient and he argued with the bridge, crossing it good and plenty all the while walking around it to the other side.

So…apparently L. Armstrong failed a test when they found a tiny bit of urine in his drug sample.

Some blonde was on my computer, i see…

There’s white-out all over the screen.

Another news clip from the ongoing saga of hedge fund vs. mlm…

Investors Hurl Accusations, Insults in Wild CNBC Interview | Video | TheBlaze.com