Stuff

Would you do it, too?

Would You Pay $300,000 to Become a Citizen of This Proposed Free-Market Utopia…in Detroit? | TheBlaze.com

An opportunity for ecomonic freedom…for a price…maybe.

Omg you guys!! Over here in the UK our legal limit is a air rifle that is below 12 fps!! We could have semi autos until dunblaine in the early 90’s but I think it was restricted to hand guns, the most we can have with a serious license is a .38 rim fire no auto rifle and then only if you have a job that requires one…unless you get a section 5 license which is for armed police and a “special” type of civil servant… I’d wet myself if I could go out and legally buy a AK / FAL… But then again I’m kind glad most of the friday night nutters can’t go home to AR’s… I find it sereal that you guys can buy that kinda of hardware… Here’s question can I as a UK resident come over to a US rifle club and play (not buy just play) with your guns for fun??

You should uphold you 2nd amendment, we have enough illegal non traceable guns on the streets due to political knee jerk reactions. I’m a firm believer of the 2nd… it gives you the responsibility to be free, we in the UK are enslaved to our country through the constant erosion of our civil liberties… Hold on there’s a knock on the door… Peace and pips :slight_smile:

B4 everyone jumps on me… Im not pro guns, I’m just pro freedom… Iz hippy init :slight_smile: peace and pips :slight_smile:

Ha…well, you sound just like the pilgrims who made a hard long journey to escape such tyranny.

The sad part is, while we do still enjoy many freedoms here in US, they really are working OT to take them away.
At the rate they’re succeeding, it’s probably inevitable, and the only thing fascinating about it is trying to guess which thing will get us first…deficit? or national debt? or unfunded entitlement liabilities, or taking away guns only from law abiding people? or allowing foreign invasion or nukes? (I take North Korea seriously). or jailing people for doing “Bible studies” in their homes? or making illegal trading forex or tradeable markets, like stocks, bonds, commodities, metals? Banning private schools? Banning ownership of private property? Telling us we can’t grow a garden? how about how much water our toilets can flush, or GPH of a showerhead? Telling us we have to buy something, or pay a fine? Telling us we can’t purchase a soda pop quantity in one container of more than 32 ounces?

Yes, you most certainly can. Here in Las Vegas there are several ranges where you can rent and fire all types of guns. Full auto uzis, AKs, ARs, SAW, combat shotguns (BOOMSTICK!), etc.

Wow, really ‘they’ kept that pretty quiet over here, I didnt realise you guys had joined the EU! and they call us the 51st state!.. It’s an irony that democracy took the fiscal and totalitarian power away from one ruling family and then a few hundred years later gave the fiscal power back to private and plc financial institutions only to find that they couldn’t run a democracy on freash air but could rule people with laws designed to balance the books… But that’s not the irony here, the irony for us is that going back to the gold standard would provide much needed stability for our respective countries, but where would that leave us… The humble forex trader?.. Oh well just as well we sold all our gold then!! What have you guys done with your gold stash?.. no really, what have America done with your gold, you still got a reserve?? Cuz I know China have just brought Africa and their resources, so what happens when China’s yen CHY hits out as a major base currency sometimes before 2015… going to be some big pip days then :slight_smile: just wishing we all catch the tide right… Peace, pips and happiness.

Sweet, that’s my stag do sorted then!!

Clint,
I’m impressed that your’re such a person of few words, but the information you provide is so key and useful. I noticed that you’ve recieved 1,257 likes and have given 4… Somewhere on BP four people are feeling very proud of them selves.

Hogarste,

I think you’re the first person who has ever referred to me as “a person of few words”.

Usually, I get called out for writing a “wall of text”.

Anyway, I’ll take your comment as the high compliment I hope you intended it to be. Thanks.

As for the “likes”, I have a suspicion that I’ve gotten 1,254 “likes” from one person who has a crush on me, plus 3 others.

So, in that case, “likes” given, and “likes” received, sort of balance out.

Gold? what gold? We have $120 trillion at least, of total unfunded liabilities, and we sure don’t have that much gold, or money in general, at all. It’s a house of cards.

Nice! For that sort of party you need to shoot in style…check this out.

Las Vegas VIP Range

Super Bowl and Wall Street? If this forex thing doesn’t work out ill just go play some pro sports… :wink:

Harvard’s Birk Shuns Wall Street for Spot in Super Bowl - Bloomberg

i LOVE drones…i want to build one someday…check this video out…simply amazing

Amazing Vid of Two Quadrocopter Drones Playing Catch With a Stick | Video | TheBlaze.com

[U]Racing this weekend[/U]

Saturday

The Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs

TV coverage on NBC — 4pm-7pm EDT — post time 6pm EDT (approximately)

Will Rosie Napravnik become the first woman to win the Kentucky Derby?

She and Mylute have a good shot at it.

Rosie Napravnik — sweet, tiny and tough as nails

Sunday

NASCAR Sprint Cup racing at Talladega Superspeedway

TV coverage on FOX — 12pm-4:30pm EDT

Tony Stewart flips on the final lap at Talladega, 2012

It would be great to see her win, but I’m not sure how Mylute comes from the #6 spot, with a closing style and only a career high Beyer of 94. This horse is 1/5 lifetime as well. I’d want better than 15-1.

Beyer wrote that Goldencents reminds him of War Emblem, but I thought at the time War Emblem was more dominating. at 7 or 8 to 1, I think it could be a good bet. Also, Itsmyluckyday, Verrazano (though I don’t like front runners in the Derby usually.) Also Will Take Charge and Java’s War look interesting. Guess I’m looking at the Exacta pool.

Best of luck.

78,000 apply to leave Earth forever to live on Mars - Science

Brilliant story, had missed it, thanks for posting, Clint.

[QUOTE=“SimonTemplar;487119”]

Brilliant story, had missed it, thanks for posting, Clint.[/QUOTE]

Simon you signing up? That would make history. Unfortunately in my house it got shot down fast…

Lol here too, unfortunately.