Sun cancels $4.5m lunch with Buffet, and he's not being held by Chinese

Strange story. Sun, founder of Tron currency, recently cancelled a lunch he won/purchased at a charity auction. He said it was due to illness, but then rumours surfaced that said he was being questioned by Chinese authorities for potentially illegal fundraising actions. All has been denied, yet Tron still fell 16%. Both parties are planning to reschedule.

Appears not all news is good news.

Talk about some crazy drama…
TRX has been glued to the 229-232 satoshis range ever since, with little or no price movement whatsoever.
Which is rather unusual, considering that Binance launchpad is launching WINK as we speak. As WINK is a brand new dapp based on the TRC-20, it should have increased TRON’s price, but it didn’t so far. My guess is that the echoes of all that Sun/police drama are still very fresh and are holding back the price. Not a great time for Tron…

Unbelievable actually. Hell: he could have lunch with me for the (discounted obviously) price of, say, $450K USD??? LOL!!! AND I’d ALSO donate the full amount to my favorite charity (that would be ME).

(Then again and in just looking at that pic.: maybe none of the above a good idea).

1 Like

Fundamentals are king at the moment, with any positive or negative news sending prices spiralling. Instant access to news and social media helps the spiralling happen so much quicker It’s another reason why the crypto markets are labelled the wild wild west!

Talk about an expensive lunch. You might want to go to the bathroom when THAT bill comes:)

Wild wild west is a very good label, just take away the guns and arrows and arm cowboys and Indians with nukes, napalm and bio weapons: That should convey the proper atmosphere of the crypto trading world…

I have some TRON, but I can not even short it as the price won t budge, it is just stuck there. No movement whatsoever. Guess I will wait some more before trying to deal with TRON…Any suggestions are appreciated :slight_smile:

Looks like TRON started to move again. Unfortunately for me (Long on Tron) the price is moving down.

Although I would rather have a bearish price movement than no price movement at all (stagnation), as TRX was showing in the last days. At least now I can try to short in order to mitigate some losses…

What interested you about Tron enough to buy it?

Also, Sun came out to add more details about the charity lunch, which I think are pretty interesting that he made them public.

"My intention of having the lunch with Buffett was because of my admiration for him and my enthusiasm for charity. It was simple, but also with self-interest to promote the blockchain industry and my project. But my immature, naive, and impulsive conducts with my big mouth have turned it into an out-of-control and failed over-marketing hype and led to a significant series of unexpected consequences,” he wrote, adding: “During the whole process, I went from being excited, to worried, agonized and then terrified and regretful. … It led to a negative influence on the public and also drew concerns from regulators who care about me. Again I want to say: I am sorry.”

Interesting introspection to say the least.

Yes, quite unusual.

We can almost see the prison guard handing him the pen and paper and telling him exactly what to write. Except that he was in San Francisco at the time (confirmed by a picture and a party he attended) so there was no prison guard at all…

My reasoning behind buying Tron was that the hype was always so high, that it should appreciate quite a bit in the short term. Actually it did climb about 30% a few weeks after I bought, the mistake was not to sell it right there, call it greed.

Tron has a strong community behind it and a very large ecosystem of dapps, all of them centered on gambling but still used by a lot of people.

It also allows staking, offering around a 5% compounded yearly yield. So I figured that in the worst case scenario, after one year I would recover 5% of a possible price crash simply by staking.

At the time I bought, the fundamentals and tech analysis were looking good too, but I am no expert at all, actually I am pretty bad at tech analysis. In fact, those results are the ones that brought me to Babypips course in order to learn tech analysis properly, so hopefully I can improve my next entry and exit points.

Also, up to this point I was only investing long term in crypto (around 1 year minimum, always long), Now I want to try smaller amounts and daily trades (long and short). Since only 10% daily traders make a profit, I want to learn a ton more before even trying that route.

Long story short, Justin Sun was the person that brought me to Babypips…

I unfortunately own TRX too, that makes two of us suckers on this site with the only bright side that we know how to use emojis here. :joy: Although thankfully, I don’t own a lot. I had no chance at all to sell it either so I didn’t even have a chance to be greedy.

It’s tough to get out when you’re sitting on 30% profits over such a short term. You imagine that it could go higher, and why not!? Until it doesn’t, and then you’re caught in a spiral of hoping that price goes back to where it was, so you continue to hold.

Don’t be ashamed. It’s happen to many and I imagine it’s still happening.

High five to Justin for bringing you here to learn more!

How long have you been holding. I think a very long time, considering you’re saying you’re a sucker with TRX gaining over 20% for the year.

I dont know about doing any high fiving with that dude smh.

Yes, too long. About 2 years now I think.

You know how it is: Win some lose some…We are all crypto suckers at some point.

I am holding my Tron, and staking meanwhile. I think we have good chances to recover before the end of the year.

There have been some developments around TRON that make me think that the price might increase a bit in the next months. Also, even if TRX/BTC has been decreasing, BTC/USD has been increasing quiote a bit, so the USD losses have been recovering from the appreciation of BTC.

I am betting on a Tron price recovery and holding for the next months until it happens.

If I were convinced that Tron was going lower and lower, I would short it right away.

As soon as it recovers the price I am getting rid of it though :slight_smile:

Thank you Billy, that s very nice of you.

No one likes losing money. It is not only the loss itself, it is also feeling like an idiot that bet in the wrong horse.

But you know how it is, if you are going to bet on horses, sometimes you will bet on the right one and sometimes it will be the wrong one.

I think it is also important to have a strategy for a bad investment, some sort of exit point. That s what I am trying to do now. Of course I would rather be celebrating my huge gains in Tron…

We could maybe high five him in prison. I just hope he only goes there AFTER December, as this would make it possible for Tron to recover the price :slight_smile:

Sure hope you’re right. Will be patiently waiting for this to happen! :joy: Do you own a good chunk of it?

I own enough to be concerned, not a ton but enough.

I am laser focused on the price of TRX, so as soon as I see a significant improvement I will tell you about it, now that I know we are both stuck there.

I found a fun link about Justin. It is parody. It is not real, but fun :slight_smile:

China Extradites TRON Founder Justin Sun - Coin Jazeera

Yes, he’s so annoying I don’t even know how I fell for it! :joy:

Oh thank goodness. I don’t keep track of TRX and really would rather not be updated with the latest Justin Sun news :rofl: so thank you in advance!

1 Like

I know the feeling: No need to be stressing out almost every day…

I will let you know only when there is a good and significant TRON price development. Not looking very good now, but that could change in a snap, that s the crazy crypto way…