Sunday Breakout Strategy

Damn! You’re right. Didn’t think about the Sunday candle issue. Sorry about that.

Hi,
Any idea what your updated win:loss ratio is?

For the period from 5th April to date, trading the second break in the opposite direction if the first failed, I count a probable 12 wins to 6 losses. I say probable because I merely looked at the 4hour chart not the 1H.

Here are this week’s trades:

Long: 1.6321
Short: 1.6267

The trades have a SL of 44 pips and a TP of 228.

Good luck and I’ll be back next week! :slight_smile:

Hi Phil,

For long entry, I have add in the spread on my stop buy, do I need to do so on the TP or remain no change?

No worry, you may reply me after your vacation. Enjoy!:slight_smile:

TP = 228
Long Entry = 1.6321 + spread

Long Entry TP = Long Entry + TP

So I think it already has been added?

Hi,
Phil thank you for your post.
I have a newbie question - what time and day are best to draw the lines for this Sunday Breakout Strategy in order to get max pips?

Thank you

I am using IBFX for charting and tried to place pending orders- buy stop & sell stop, it was prohibited as system called it as hedging?

But, when I use GFT platform,pending orders are fine…funny!:confused:

I think there’s a rule on US brokers: no hedging and can’t have 2 open trades or something? Go with someone else I guess…

To draw this Sunday Breakout, the lines should be drawn religiously at GMT0 Monday - you can check the time/date in your region at timeanddate.com

GBPUSD short (1.6267) opened for me at 7.28 PM (PST). Lets see what happens

Hmm…my candle on Forex.com showed long 1.633, short 1.6270 and sl of 50 though…but it may not make a difference…a slightly lower r ratio for me…

I’m in this week too

I was Stopped out on the short trade. Long one is still there…

Same here,

duh, stopped out too.

Wow, that really sucked. Nasty spike got us stopped out of short and into long just to come right back and stop out long. :(:frowning:

We have further lessons to learn. Are we going for new trade on long? I remember what Phil said abt balance ATR to used for next trade but I do not know how to go abt now, any advice???

Anyone can advise since Phil is away at the moment???

i just closed my long trade, there’s not enough gas in the tank for me to want to risk, but that’s only me! :slight_smile: