Sunday Breakout Strategy

I too got out early when I realized our target wouldn’t get hit. I got out at 99 pip profit…not as good as it could have been, but I was waiting it out and trying to stay true to the system. But in the end, you have to go with your instinct.

I will say that my long trade has activated too and now I am involved in that. Are we supposed to cancel the long if the short is activate first? This is my first week with this system.

So far long trade is up about 20 pips.

if current weekly ATR is about 40% of it’s weekly ATR(14), I would cancel all pending trades.

This is the money management module, but I haven’t integrate into this, you can use it - it’s heavily documented, so it’s quite easy to use.

Line1:
double PipValue_USD = MarketInfo ( Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE );

it will give u the pipvalue in the currency which your account is based in, if u download IBFX demo program, its default currency is USD, can’t select others, I think. And I convert it to AUD because I will be dealing with AUD.

Feel free to change it to suit yours.

This ‘system’ cracks me up, it sounds ludicrous but seems to work at least 78% of the time, which by any standards is a pretty good win ratio.

Can’t figure out if this is genius or luck, either way, this has now become my Sunday trade, it beats the system i use as it copes better with the inflated weekend spreads…am always up for improvement.

Thank you for posting.

Good Luck to all.

how to get 78%? :confused:

maybe he only traded it recently?

I use this on GBP/USD & Yen crosses - sorry to have caused any confusion.

:o

erm. 78% on g/u and yen?

still :confused:

I liked this post and what the author shared with the community, and in my personal opinion its a strategy that has legs to walk even more into the future, so to thank the author (even not being much :slight_smile: i will do something more complex later when i got time) i decided to make this indicator to extract data and show whats the true potencial of the strategy! This indicator is to be used in 4H TF and in brokers with sunday 20Hours start bar, and will write a detailed report about “X” defined past weekends, the file will be in “files folder” inside “experts”, try using a CSV reader like MS office Excel for better expirience, hope you people like it.

GBP/USD
I got high=1.6511; low=1.6471 for my last H4 candle.
any1 got the same or diff?
how do you find ATR(14) ?
how do you calculate TP?

GBPUSD on H4 chart:

Long Entry:1.6533
SL long :1.6496
TP for Long: 1.6757

Short Entry:1.6486
SL for Short :1.6523
TP for Short: 1.6262

Weekly ATR: 406

hi cprao and folks, I’m back and on this trade! :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting the number CPRAO.
Let’s have a big sunday breakout!!!

Thanks for the numbers, got the same

Long triggerred.

On the SL for the long are you guys including the August 21 Friday 16:00 EDT to 17:00 EDT (20:00 GMT to 21:00 GMT) time period to include the full 4 hours of trading just before 20:00 EDT Sunday August 23 (24:00 GMT midnight)?

My broker starts to trade at 17:00 EDT and goes to 20:00 EDT (21:00 GMT to 24:00 GMT) - so that is only 3 hours of trading on Sunday August 21. Based on your stop loss it appears you guys are only using this 3 hour period.

If using the 4 hour period as I outlined above than shouldn’t your stop loss be at 1.6487 vs 1.6496?

Both Long & Short ended as loosers this week…

I’m still in the trade, and missed being stopped out by 1.2 pips, then a big reverse. seems like the big boys are also using this strategy…

Seems like i also got lucky this week on the short side, just missed my SL by a couple of pips & then reversed to touch my breakeven point to get me into a free trade

That�s why I always add couple pips to the stop loss… 5 pips, makes me get a better results … because of the floating spreads!!