Sunday Breakout Strategy

Hmmmm something going on here…

My H4 looks the same as yours as you can see on the pic… I also setted GMT offset to 0 … so I dunno what is going on here lol

How is it possible u have 173 pips profit? TP = 132.61 + 1.73 = 134.34

or do you mean 173 pipplets? = 17.3 pips?

can you show the H1 bar chart?

hmmm is it obvious I am a new to all this, not sure whats going. I am with IG & I must say I’m not a fan of the account reporting so trying to figure out what happened. Watch this space.

EDIT - OK i’m a plum…I amended my BE just before I went to bed last night (I’m in Aus) while its was close but not quite at the recommended BE point so got stopped on that.

I am in Australia and I used to use IGMarkets. But after 6 weeks of tradesense, your minimum lot = 1 full lot.

That’s why I moved to Go Markets.

hmmm I have had my account open for about 4 months and still about to use 0.05 of lots. That goes for stocks & FX.

Will take a look at GO though as not convinced IG is for the long run.

I haven’t gotten around to it yet, and to be honest it’s pretty low on the list. I will do it though, eventually.

The other strategies I trade are these two…

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/25839-my-basic-chart-analysis-method.html
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/24198-nickbs-4h-scalping-method.html

A word of warning though… Due to the ranging markets we’ve had over the last few months those two strategies haven’t been performing as well as they have in the past. I’ve pretty much stopped trading everything except the Sunday Breakout (and a few test projects) since July, but I’m getting ready to start back up soon because the markets are trending again.

Heres mine…

Something is very weird lol really dunno whats happening!!

I can’t figure it out either… I’m sure it’s a programming problem somewhere, but I have no clue where.

My advice, since you are using an IBFX live account, would be to use the original version of my EA. It was written specifically to work on IBFX live accounts and doesn’t have any GMT offset code in it, so it should eliminate the problem. It works fine, it just doesn’t have all the extra features that s05’s version has.

I would change the risk percentage to something really small, like 0.00001, for the first week to make sure it works properly. That way you’ll only lose a few pennies if it screws up. :slight_smile:

Sunday Breakout EA - Old version.zip (19.3 KB)

Thanks!!

does it move SL and Set TP?

Thanks!

Yeah, it enters the trades, moves the SL to breakeven, and sets the proper TP.

That’s pretty much all it does. :slight_smile:

You will have to remember to turn it off whenever the time comes that you don’t want the second trade to happen. It doesn’t have the code that tells it not to enter the second trade if, for example, the first trade is a winner.

Really!? They put me on the TradeSense program, and it’s slowly moving to one full lot. I talked to them, and they reset it once more, and after that it’s no more. So I had to move. hmmmmmm

It seemed that you definiely have a gmt offset in there!!

Download this clock and u will know your GMT offset: difference between broker time and gmt time

MT4 Clock @ Forex Factory

:), thanks… but im sure mine is GMT… I even talked to the live chat:

62126: I just want to know what is the server time for IBFX?
62126: is it GMT?
Client Services 50: yes, it is set to GMT
Client Services 50: We do this since it is a central timezone that everybody can relate to.

this is very weird lol… but I will try the older Sunday bo that phil posted… :slight_smile:

Full lots? IG has mini lots at 1/10th a full lot. I wouldn’t be able to trade if they didn’t have mini lots.

I used to be able to place 0.01 of a mini lot. Now I can only placed a mini lot.

Yes!!!

For sure… GMT offset was zero…

Looks like EY produced a winner this week, did anyone trade it? Not me unfortunately But planning to start trading EY soon just watching from the sidelines for a while

Hello!

My results for this week:
EURUSD: Sell -57.00, Buy +110.00
GBPUSD: Sell -56.00, Buy +175.00
USDJPY: Sell -67.01, Buy -66.64
EURJPY: Sell no trade, Buy +165.00
SUM: +203.35