Sunday Breakout Strategy

anyone trading this week ?

Yep. I donā€™t have all my numbers, as I deleted the email theindicator sends me, but what I can say:

GBPUSD

Long 1.5211 (this includes a 4 pip spread)
Short 1.5159

Short has been activated

Yes ā€¦ and spiked out. Thats the second week that we have been spiked out of a winning trade. :frowning:

Anyone trade the GBP/JPY this week?

Yep, trading this strategy. Long was activated and reached the first Profit Target :). Thatā€™s a nice start to the week.

Synergy

A win on the long for GBPUSD. Itā€™s been a long time coming.

How to calculate tp and breakeven

Reviving this method from the dead!

This weekā€™s Long:
entry 1.53260
stop 1.52839
TP 1.55030
BE 1.54072

This weekā€™s short:
entry 1.52754
stop 1.53175
TP 1.50984
BE 1.51942

Short has been triggered.
Sijeeva please read the first post for how to calculate take profit and break even points. It is based on the Average True Range indicator.

EDIT - Short trade reached break even.

EDIT - Reversal in sentiment. Short trade closed out at break even. Long trade triggered.

EDIT - Long trade now at breakeven.

EDIT - Long trade reversed and came back down to break even. I managed to take out 25pip profit before it hit. Better luck next week. Next Monday is an Australian public holiday which means reduced sunday ranges, larger positions and potentially bigger profits on the same risk.

Thanks For Reviving This method Rei. It seems like a sell signal has been activated but prices are currently moving sideway along 1.52219 to 1.52768. I hope to see more volatility at euro or american session.

This weekā€™s Long:
entry 1.54012
stop 1.53725
TP 1.55712
BE 1.54556

This weekā€™s short:
entry 1.53640
stop 1.53927
TP 1.51940
BE 1.53096

Long active

EDIT - Long at BE
EDIT - Long closed at BE :mad:
EDIT - Short triggered
EDIT - Short at TP for 170+ pips :smiley:

My numbers are about the same as yours Rei. BE now reached on long.

Winner on the short and good to see a big risk:return at 5.65.

Another low volume start to the week with Japan and UK on holiday

Long
Entry - 1.53260
SL - 1.52928
TP - 1.54934
BE - 1.53894

Short
Entry - 1.52843
SL - 1.53175
TP - 1.51169
BE - 1.52209

Short has triggered

EDIT - Short trade move to break even. :wink:
EDIT - Short closed at break even. frill. If it wasnā€™t for the spread I would still be in this trade.
EDIT - Cancelling the long trade. The short trade would have reached 170+ pips. I was stopped at break even by less than a pip. Some of you may have managed to stay in for the whole trade.

My short trade got taken out at BE too. Shame because it made the profit target.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me of this strategy. Setup, TP / SL. is it possible to have an EA for this.

Thanks

Shane,

Everything you need to know is in the first post. There is an EA floating around somewhere. Youā€™ll have to search the thread.

This weekā€™s set up isnt looking very good. Iā€™ll trade it anyway but the risk:reward ratio isnt optimal. Iā€™ll post figures in half an hour.

Long:
entry - 1.48575
stop - 1.47601
TP - 1.50395
BE - N/A

Short:
entry - 1.47516
stop - 1.48490
TP - 1.45696
BE - N/A

Hardly seems worth trading this week.

EDIT - Long triggered. Its not strictly the rules, but I am going to move to BE anyway since it has reached 1:1 Risk:reward. This time I am going to allow for the spread.
EDIT - Long exited with +185 pips. Not a great return on risk this week, but at least its a win!

Rei,

Iā€™m in too and have cancelled the short order. The long is getting close to the PT.

This is the the last time Iā€™ll trade this system for the next 4 months. Iā€™m off overseas on a surfing trip.

Good luck and hopefully the system will continue to turn around.

Regards
Sean

seans, seems you an I are the only ones still trading this system. :wink:
Have a good time surfing!

My profit target got hit with a risk return of 1.90.

My figures so far this year show:
Wins 12%
Lose 64%
BE 24%

This compares to an average since 2005 of:
Wins 23%
Lose 57%
BE 20%

Iā€™ll be out of school for the summer in a couple weeks, so Iā€™ll be back trading with you for a few months! :slight_smile: