Supply & Demand Trading System

and stoped out in nzd cad 40 pips profit…

Thanks Trueman :slight_smile:

I’m currently in a GBP JPY trade. It looks like I may have played it wrong, but we’ll see. I went short but we are now in a what looks to be a confirmed uptrend

The reason I went short was because price was around an S&R line but not fully breaking it and price had almost touched a supply zone but then it headed down. I saw a demand zone nearby and thought price would keep going until it hit it. My limit is set to the proximal demand line, which also happened to be a 100 TP.

Its not over yet so I’ll have to see what really happens. But its dicey right now :open_mouth:

(The large zone blocks on the chart are from the D1 or W1 TF, not the H4)

Since you mention this, Trueman, I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering.

1. Would you want to trade full time?

2. If so, do you think S&D trading will allow you to trade full time? Based on your experience with it so far?

3. What do you need that you don’t currently have in order to trade full time?

I ask because I would like to trade full time. I’m testing different strategies to see what I jive with best that also gets me results. What I need is more time testing strategies to select the best one & and I need more practice honing my skills. I also want to make at least 150 pips per week before I would go full time.

Hey Txs,
Yup, I was in that trade too. I had 2 trades in there. 1st TP at 100pips, which was hit yesterday, but after hitting that 100 pip mark, the market reversed, I didn’t move my SL. But still the price didn’t hit my SL and since then the market has moved again in the positive direction and gone above my 100 pip mark towards TP2 of 200 pips. Expecting it to be hit sometime today or beginning of next week.

This takes me back to our previous discussion of moving SL to BE. For some reason I didn’t move my SL because if I would’ve, my 2nd trade would have been closed by now. I ma not sure how to explain the reasoning behind it, but, yup, I am still in this trade.

1. yes of course i want to…isnt this the best job you could imagine? :slight_smile:
    2)its not only s&d…also pa and technical analyse behind it…the s&d /s&r zones just tell us when we have to watch for a possible trade.
    and i think if you were able to make constant gain(in a certain period of time) with your system no matter what system it is then you are able to go full time …the only problem is that we have no “100% rule” how to enter a trade that makes the system individual for every person who trade it but this is also the key to succes …with every trade you took you see more and more which criterias has to be met before entering or which set up is more likely to win .which is not…
    and i think all this experience will improve your way of trading and finally end up in mastering it.
    sure it is a long long long journey but the good things arent easy right?!

in a nutshell i think it is possible to go fulltime if you are able to make constant profit(there will be looser weeks there will be winner weeks but its about the result of booth)
i even think its more likely to do it with this kind of system then with a mechanical…
3)patience and constant profit hehe …

dont do it the risky way…take your time and let your trading develope…
and at the end of the year you will see how you performend

hope you ride it down to tp bro :slight_smile:

Other than having a successful strategy there was another thing that I would like to add before someone decides to go full time: CAPITAL!!! Make sure you have enough capital to invest before you go full time. Your capital will determine how much money you will actually make.
For eg. if you start with $2000 and are making 5%-10% a month that is around $100 - $200, which probably isn’t significant enough to replace/make more than your current income.

I would strongly recommend having capital in the upwards direction of $10,000 before going full time that way you are making sufficient enough money to maintain your current standard of living if not increase it.

*I am not a full time trader yet, but plan to follow the plan!

Almost there! 15 pips away from TP2!

Definitely!

Thank to you both (Trueman and R2) for your thoughts on going full time. Looking forward to when we all hit that goal :slight_smile:

Congrats on the 200 pips!!!

I’m assuming price hit your 200 TP today because I hit my 100 pip TP too!

I didn’t touch my SL either. Although I only had one trade so its a bit different. I guess you trust the system and have the experience to intuitively know when to move it and when to keep it as is :slight_smile:

I kept it because I learned my lesson from the first time to not move it too soon. My plan was to monitor price and move my SL by ~30 pips if price was really really reversing so I wouldn’t lose as much as I had planned. But, price went in the direction expected. Now I’m waiting to see what price does in the demand zone for the next potential move/trade :slight_smile:

realy a sweet week :slight_smile:

Hello Gentlemen. I’m Martin, I watching your thread almost from beginning. Actually this is my first post on this forum since I registered here in February. I’m a beginner and in past two months I came across many Technics and magic “100%” working indicators. Still reading the school of pipsology which is very good.

Here is my point. I like supply and demand trading. I still need read trough the “Supply and demand in a nutshell by Alfonso Moreno”. I’m using his indicators and are on 80% accurate with yours graphs. I also like swing trading and news trading( my favourite) all on a live account.
All I want to say you doing very good job.

Question: Do you guys using those indicators what I mentioned or drawing manually your rectangles?

Thanks

Best regards Martin.

hey Martin ,

welcome welcome whish you a successful journey in the world of pips :slight_smile:

i dont use indicators just 200 ema to see the market direction ( dont know if there would be a big Impact on my trading if i would not use it )

i tryed different s&d and s&r indicators but dont like them…i like to draw this zones manualy this has the biggest learning effect

Thank you Trueman23.

Later today or tomorrow I’ll post my thoughts about next week charts and we can discuss it. Looking forward for new trades.

Hey Martin,

I am actually using the tool from Alfonso’s thread, which helps me make zones! I find them really helpful.

Looking forward to your charts for the coming week. Great to see this thread coming along and more traders sharing how they use S&D.

Good morning Gents. I’m looking on the graphs, but can not see any nice shape set ups as last week. Maybe yours eyes can spot more than my.

so lets have a look at the potential trades for the new week…
eur jpy looking for a short…
price overshoots my zone ( iam not happy with this zone anyway )…would not be suprised if we see a nice drop this week…

usd jpy from last week
the sl adjustment problem ,…without movin sl it would be still open with 100 pips more profit…:wink:

now we have to wait

Aud Jpy looking for a potential short move