Supply & Demand Trading System

Agreed! :smiley:

NZD USD is looking like its starting to reverse on me. I drew my demand zone smaller than I should have. If I adjust the height, price basically touched the top of the nearest demand and then bounced back up. Not sure how to play this one. Sit tight and see if it actually enters the demand zone? Or get out while Iā€™m still +15 pips.

Its a tricky one! So far I moved both my SL and my TP closer to where I placed my order to minimize losses if needed and catch some pips if the demand is touched again.

Not sure what the lesson learned here is since the lesson isnā€™t over yet. But it may be to take what you can get when youā€™re going SHORT on an UP trend instead of long.

txs

Great to see you making crazy pips Trueman!

When I first started trading with supply and demand I made 6 back to back successful trades and my confidence grew, after that I increased my lot size and entered in 3 trades the next day. All 3 of them went against me which hurt my capital.

This was a mistake as I went against my trading plan and increased my lot size. I just wanted to share this so that you or others on this thread wonā€™t make the same mistake I made due to over confidence.

USDCAD - +40pips
AUDUSD - +30pips
EURGBP - +17pips
GBPJPY - Stopped out
CADJPY - +25pips

Not as impressive as Trueman but we are gradually getting there!

yeah good to see that you can achieve some nice pipsā€¦
my positions are closedā€¦but i see my adjustment is wrongā€¦i have to adjust the sl on every new day above or below the last daily candleā€¦then nearly all my positions were open nowā€¦lesson learned :wink:

yes increasing lot size right after the first realy good succes is not the way we goā€¦in past i lost some money due to this tooā€¦ but thank you for your wordsā€¦ ill keep it in mind

beware of a long in the jpy pairsā€¦think it could go down some more

I didnā€™t have as good of a trading day/night yesterday.

I chose to close out my NZD USD trade at +2 pips. Not a huge profit at all especially when you take out commissions and roll overs but still positive so no complaints.

I decided to go long on the GBP JPY because it looked like it touched a demand zone and was bouncing back up. GBP JPY is in a downtrend so I basically went against the trend like I did with the NZD USD. I think Iā€™m going to stop doing that and see if I get better results that way. I opened two trades this time to try the 100 pip TP while I keep the other TP trailing up. Both got stopped out at -138 pips.

What are your thoughts on going against the trend? I know this is basic FX trading advice, the trend is your friend, but its not always discussed as something to think about with S&D. How much does the trend weigh in your S&D trading decisions?

By going against the trend I mean: going long when you bounce out of a demand zone in a downtrend or going short when you bounce out of a supply zone in an uptrend.

Iā€™m staying away from them for today :smiley:

txs

112 pips in one day sounds pretty good to me!

txs

going against the trend is always difficult ā€¦sure if you hit the top or bottom of a trend reversal its a great thing but be carefull with going against itā€¦better odds if you go with the trend

iam in eur aud like the set upā€¦letz see what happens

Hey Trueman,
The jpy trades went against me. Do you know what was the reason behind your call to be careful with them ?
Thanks for the headsup. I moved my SL to BE because of you

I got hit by this too, saw Truemanā€™s note after. Iā€™m curious about what happened as well.

The only things I can come up with from looking purely at the GBP JPY chart to consider for my future trades are:

1. I maybe should have waited for price to go up farther after the demand was hit, BUT it was already going back up so I donā€™t think it was this as this is how S&D trading is supposed to work.

2. The trend was going down so there is a stronger possibility that demand zones will get completely absorbed which is what happened in this case. Also, the demand zone that just got absorbed wasnā€™t completely fresh, it had been touched before recently.

I think looking at charts only, it was #2.

Definitely curious to to know what other signs were out there. Maybe something in the news or something else you saw in the charts.

txs

Thanks, Trueman. I will be following this advice to see how it affects my results.

I guess in a downtrend, you wait for price to reverse and hit a previous supply and then ride it down to a demand zone or 100-200 pips depending on the situation.

I think I should also re-draw my charts at the beginning of every week instead of using the same charts. I think this will give me more practice in identify S&D zones and also will help me make better decisions.

txs

The system is very interesting

[QUOTE=Trueman23;757501]congrats txs i was long in usd cad also since yesterday eveningā€¦nice 100 pips profit position closed ;

Truly remarkable

Thanks and congrats to you too, Rasc!

Hi Tureman , can you provide the attached indicator , or link for download? Cheerio

Hey guys, i have gone through the whole thread including any basic leaning materials provided by trueman and R2, i.e define SD, SR, how to trade on bouncing zones. Found it quite interesting and would certainly love to join the group for future discussion. However, i donā€™t speak native English please forgive or correct me if i am saying something wrong or inappropriate. I do hope i am able to make some contribution to this thread. Cheers.

hey littlemay
i am also no nativ speaker ā€¦so at least i will understand you hehe
think in maryos thread you can download this indicator ā€¦
good luck with the system :slight_smile: nice to see more people trying it
greetz trueman23

just this massiv downtrend in every jpy pair and no sign of bulls anywhere
ā€¦today was a massacre again with the yen
i shouldnt have adjusted the sl so hard on the last tradesā€¦look at usd jpy or eur jpy or cad jpy etc
we missed nearly 1000 pips with all this yen pairs but however next time next tryā€¦was a wonderfull weekā€¦
p.s : eur aud was stoped out with 15 pips glad i have moved sl here otherwise this were a looooser
so time to check chart for set ups but week is almost over so i dont think i will open any position

hey littlemay the indicator you are looking for is on page 176 in the " maryo chart" threadā€¦
hope you can benefit from it cause i cantā€¦:slight_smile:
and there is also a supply and demand indicator posted some pages after that harmonic indicatorā€¦but again nothing for meā€¦ but maybe you or others are able to use it :wink:

hi Trueman how are you going? I have checked Maryoā€™s thread and could not find any any indicator provided. Does it hide in the middle of the thread because there are many pages. Do you know which page is it located? Cheers yo.

By the way, where are you from?