Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Woah, dude. You’ve been here for over 10 years! that’s awesome!

Just watched your 10/13 video. Good stuff!

1 Like

Hey @petefader , just thinking out loud about volume, do volume indicators work the same way for crypto exchanges in your experience?

1 Like

Absolutely. Works in any market. Volume is just a measurement of trading activity, but large activity (high Volume) represents large traders, the biggest, smartest ones. If you can read their activity, or lack of, you can follow them.

So back to FX, you then want to use one of the larger brokers for volume data than say some small outfit on an island somewhere, right?

Frankly supply-demand zones are so much effective & but till now most of the retailers rely on only the support-resistant levels instead of supply-demand!

Yes, I’m using FXCM and you can compare to others to get a consensus, but the size of the broker doesn’t reflect in the Volume, it’s the way they get and offer their prices that matters.

Exactly. Support/resistance is easy to find but Volume tells you what Smart Money did, or didn’t do there.

Looks like I can’t even get a demo account from FXCM since I’m in the US. Recommendations? Does that mean forex.com and do they share volume data?

I’m using Tradingview charts now. You can’t get a handful of brokers there and switch quickly between them to compare.

Okay cool. Any specific volume indicators you’d recommend?

Not at all. Being able to read the Volume relative to the background along with price is the focus. There are ones that color volume based on what price did, but I don’t think they really offer anything.

Here’s my livestream from today. I did a lot of live analysis and we caught a nice trade on the GBP.

Thanks. I’ll see if I can follow along and learn a thing or two.

Do you recommend a starting YT video for your stuff? Still lost even after watching along.

Not really, but let me know what things you are not understanding. I’m happy to answer you here, or you can attend my livestreams on Youtube and ask me questions in real time as I do live analysis and trading.

Here’s a gold nugget…

I’m livestreaming on YouTube Tues, Wed, Thurs regularly. Here’s today’s session. Fat short on the G/U taken live. 3-0 so far for Jan live trades.

Live trading results so far for Jan is 7-0.

Don’t be shark bait, be a shark…

1 Like

I prefer VSA. It’ll be pretty helpful in the future.