Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

So what happened today then.

Everything was lining up nicely, but it bombed.

For NDs or NS bars should there be low volumes. I’m just looking back over today and seeing that NS bars were actually highish volume, (lower than prev but still relatively high) I’m wondering if that should have kept the trade on hold.

Its almost like SM stepped in, but even smarter money tanked it for a bit.
cheers
PG

*Bloody annoying because looking back through the day the setup is a lot clearer post news but at the time (before) the setup was totally valid.

I know, but I’m still long from 3271, a lot of reaction to the '50, but that always makes you suspect that the algos are at work?, from just underneath the Fib line, it’s the one ‘we’ waited all week for - The TC on the 5 day or so, I have done quite a bit of research that will help us lot spend less time on this and make more dosh, might be next week! Good night!

3271 - good for you.

I will be studying this run up to the trade, counting NS and Nds to see if there is anything else that might help. Probably isn’t but it doesn’t hurt to look.

Cheers
PG

I know this isn’t a pure “trade VSA the way Tom Williams would” thread but watching one of his seminars he mentions waiting for at least 3 “higher lows” from the low created by the stopping volume when entering your trade on lower time frames (15 min or less). Doesn’t have to be 3 higher lows 3 bars in a row, just waiting for that 3rd higher low from the bottom of the stopping volume bar. On the E/U 15 min chart, that would have you entering the trade at 1.3284 at about 7pm GMT.

That’s a relatively conservative entry though, and it’s when I got into the market. However, I’m only looking for +30 pips with a stop-loss at 1.3274 (10 pips). It was moved to B.E +1 when price hit +15.

Thanks Pete for such a great thread.:slight_smile:

I have read up to 20 pages of your old thread very interesting thread indeed. And also thanks for your videos which I havn’t watched them yet but for sure I will watch them all.

To start with - What is your MT4 broker recommendation for volume at the moment?

Your old thread
worst: fxcm,fxpro, fxsol
best: Gomarkets, Ibfx, Spot trader.

Hope you are making lots of pips :slight_smile:

Peter.

when you get time could u show a chart with what ur explaining looks like it could help me understand something “alot of reaction to the 50” and from just underneath the Fib line, it’s the one ‘we’ waited all week for could u show on the chart what exactly you mean

the setup was good but entry was after 16.00gmt price in 1h did not close below the low of the highest volume so wasnt soo bad kindly show me the areas with the above statement that you,ve made

Ok, sometimes pictures are best, sometimes words, in this case I think words!

So crash course on Fibs in a nutshell! Whatever chart you are on go to the first obvious move on the left, that is the move that is retracing, remember to keep it simple, don’t look too hard, if it’s not obvious it don’t exist.

ok did that in 1h noticed price went up to 50 fib there was no high volume so voila it was supposed to go up according to the strategy and thats what happened i guess thats what u meant
i was just asking you since av seen u kinda have some good explanation i wanst realy looking hard just wanted to know what u really meant thats all

You can loose a lot of money, when price is in range (like these days) and you are evaluating VSA setups in 5min time frame…

VSA setups such as the one we have learned in this thread is not a 5 minute setup. Sometimes we do forget that. It is a setup on the 1hr and then we go to the 5min for the entry. The 1hr is where we determine the phase and when opportunity is going to knock for us.

That also means that sometimes can pass days without true setup, so we have to practice patience!

Patience is an absolute virtue, however it will pay off. Always good to start your trading day saying to yourself “I don’t have to trade today” and try to get in to the mindset of only taking what screams at you.
If you want to trade more, best going to demo on madscalper maybe and see what that may do for you, however VSA is much higher probability, but with less trades. Personally, I don’t mind having a quickish look every hour or so, knowin if there may be something happening in the next hour. Can do other things as well then :slight_smile:

Guys a question. Are any of you using alerts so you don’t have to be sitting at your computer for extended periods of time?

By this I mean an alert which signals buying and selling climax’s would be very helpful.

who would have thought this asian bar will hold them for so long:33:

Purple Patch - I have been absent from this thread for awhile but did you ever post your VSA indicator for making trades. I believe you were working on it in the Jan timeframe.

I got on today just when this was forming. It was a bit late in the day, but it gave a really nice clean entry pattern. Demand, lack of supply, and the “switch over” into markup was clear (I talk about that in the videos). The push thru (effort to rise) marks the switch, the ns test makes it even better proving lack of supply is still there after slightly higher prices.

You’re welcome. IBFX is my main source for volume. As you read on and watch the videos, you’ll find a lot of your questions answered. Enjoy.

These are loaded questions, but good ones that I would like to answer. I’ll try to get to them asap.

Pete was your trade taken in the 50 - 61 fibb area ?

i think if pete would have taken at the fib zone it would have been a sell

from the chart av uploaded the candle av marked sv seems to be where he based his long entry on
i would love to hear his reasons

the sv cant be seen its the 6th last candle with very high volume