Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Guessing news messed with that one, no?

Hi,

is this considered as stopping volume or not?

1H

5M

Odd day, I took a loss on a half risk au long. It was an aggressive entry. Saw buying into down moves, bottoms forming on a/u and a/j, BUT the AUD was the one that took the biggest hit on US news and never looked backā€¦not typical. Thatā€™s tradingā€¦success means losses must happen. off for now. :slight_smile:

hello, is there a pdf explaining this method? after all, itā€™s a very long thread to follow.
besides, how to find all the attachments of a thread?
Thanks!
Best Regards!

unfortunately, you cannot learn it off a pdf. There are videos at the beginning of the thread. Start with them and you will need to read through. This wasntā€™ all of it. There was another thread devoted to it, but this was a new one to start over again, just because the other one was huge in size.
You cannot learn this by reading a sheet of paper and just jumping in, otherwise everyone would be doing it. Videos at the beginning - a few times over, will definately be the best start.

The best investment is the investment in yourself. Give yourself time to learn and understand this. It will then pay you back.

mmmm, this ainā€™t over a/u.

1hr

Daily

Hey Pete!

Just a bit curiousā€¦how strict you are with the ā€œuntil 16.00 GMT ruleā€? Do you enter the market after this hour if you see correct setup? Or it depends on currency pair? Whar are your experiences?

Pretty strict. Like with this A/U, I didnā€™t look for an entry yet due to the time of day. If I can, Iā€™ll take a look at Aisa openā€¦and A/J. If I get an entry then, at least itā€™s closer to London open to minimize off hours driftā€¦which is mainly the issue after 16gmt. You know, itā€™s a probability thing in the end. The probability of SM pushing a trending move off hours is less. The probability of price drifting against the setup and hitting your stop is increased. Sometimes itā€™s a tough call though.

hmmmmm i guess every body is watching dats why there are no comments.:18:
am in nowā€¦1.3138ā€¦stoploss at 1.3115

E/U waiting for a shakeoutā€¦

As much as I want a trade, I see NO opportunities now. Tomorrow is non farm. I just want next week to come at this pointā€¦F these charts lol.

Yes, market is not yet ready to go up. As far as Wyckoff range concerns, I think we can expect another shakeout. Comming news might help with it. Just my thoughtsā€¦

what about now? is it stooping volume?

No, this is not stopping volume. Stopping volume is waiting in retracement at fib 50 - 61.8 (There would be also second best opportunity to enter for long). This is just ultra high volume up bar suggesting SM decided to go upā€¦

I suggest you to watch videos on Stopping volume to know better what is itā€¦

If you will go back on the one hour and mark the fib from 16/4 (lowest point) to 1/5 (highest point) this bar is in the 50 - 61.8 zone.

Fib zone, waiting for stopping volumeā€¦

and a little help with the pitchforkā€¦

Sorry, yes, from that perspective it is stopping volume, of course! I thought you talk about the volume that occured on upbar-high.

Although that pin had very high volume, you also need to be aware of High Impact news announcements. That was in line with the Euro Bank decision to keep rates steady at 1%, which was a rare positive for the market lately. You will notice it hasnā€™t made any 1hr closes higher than the news candle. The reaction candles are also extremely important to the whole picture. On the 5min, it has had 2 upthrusts past the daily pivot, but has not been able to hold that level.
My guess is it is a temp upthrust to excite buyers, then the SM will smash them to their SL

We are missing a stopping volume on the top for a long time now. Still waiting for it. SM used the news as a tool to clear stop losses bellow and to go up, expecting nice SV at the top - after that I am looking forward to engage in a big careless downtrend :slight_smile:

Didnā€™t get the climactic volume in this fib zone to make the short ideal, but everything else was thereā€¦and phase is your friend. I did go smaller riskā€¦

1hr

5min