Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

It works now, thanks!

Thatā€™s a very useful video Pete

Commonly asked questions: (New section that will be continuously updated)

I heard that volume in forex is unreliable and I would like to argue this although I am completely ignorant.
Go away lol.

.[/QUOTE]

Hahaā€¦ epic awesomeness :slight_smile:

what a great idea with that WEEK REVIEW and CAQ. very helpful for a one who want to learn more :wink:

looking forward for moreā€¦big respect pete for your great effort

Having just been introduced to VSA by one of the persons who I see posting quite a few times here, my question is as usual for someone just starting. ā€œHow to get jump started if possibleā€?

I plan to be in Peteā€™s room Tuesday, but sure would like to see at least some definations so that I will be better able to understand what is being said and not make wrong interpations.

FW

Hi fwooldey,
The best thing for you to do in all honesty is to go through Petes videos at the beginning of the thread. It is all very useful and valuable information. Hopefully, then you will see some of what he talks about in the session on Tuesday. It is all well worthwhile :slight_smile:

push tru entryā€¦sweet

Hi,

New member to site and also to vsa but Iā€™ve been trading for a while using support/resistance with PA. Iā€™ve been looking to add something to my trading and vsa looks like it suits very well. Iā€™ve been reading this thread for a week or so and joined in to Peteā€™s room last week.

Here are two trades I took during london session and got 20 out of eu and 10 out of uchf. I split my trades into two and the second part on each went out at be.

I was also watching the usdcad but the initial entries looked a bit weak to me and as Iā€™m new to vsa didnt want to push it. There was a great entry later on at the retest of the AR but I missed that. Pity as it would have been a great trade. Nice for review purposes tho. I hope someone got a piece of this.

Went long g/j this morning at 129.47, check out the setup. I locked BE and it was hit just before news, and off it went to targetā€¦ahhh! Oh well. :slight_smile:

On another day, you wouldā€™ve not locked BE and the news wouldā€™ve gone the other way. :slight_smile:

Yeah lolā€¦I try to remove or limit my risk at high impact new times, plus the fake break to the upside on increased volume, and back down into rangeā€¦that can take away probability on a long. Thatā€™s initially why I locked BE. This BE hurt though lolā€¦funny how the mind is.

Bought usdjpy for 30 on p1 and p2 still open.

I know this is not strictly the way Pete does it as I went in early but Iā€™m trying to see how best I can use vsa in a variety of situations from support and resistance. I expected this to bouce off support as it was at london open so went looking for an entry. Not sure if i did this one correctly when using ns bar but bought gu on ns but the ns bar was right at bottom of down move. I ended up with 15 on p1 and 20 on p2 taken out on news.

Looking at a/u, accumulationā€¦

e/u also interestingā€¦

Have you picked this as accumulation because of the uniform down moves?

Newbie incā€¦ :slight_smile:
If i see this right this is an accumulation phase -> if thete are no sellers (low volume on sell bar ) itā€™s heading north? :slight_smile:

Nahā€¦stopping vol on 1hr today at 618 fib. 5min showing the same and further buying into down moves.
Also, the daily was a clean down channel, broke the upper TL, and double bottomed. Really simple reversal pattern there to catch a swing. Will post a chart later unless someone wants to do it first.

It starts with stopping vol, then we look for lack of sellers in the form of NSā€¦thatā€™s one entry type.

Yeh I got the stopping volume. On the 5 minute chart we donā€™t often see the large selling bars stepping down so obviously do we?