Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

It doesnt surprise me, there hasnt been to many vsa no supply/no demand setups.

Hereā€™s what happens when you act on impulse jumping on a no supply without waiting for the 1 HR to come around.
Got creamed for 32 pips.
Lesson learnt.

Shows the importance of that fib line. Probably just a lapse of judgement from you. All in learning unfortunately. The only way Iā€™d see myself knowingly trading into a fib line is where I could lock BE before it hit, just in case it bounced back off. Otherwise, I would wait for the reaction to the Fib. I am sure you would said the same a day or two ago, but maybe missed or forgot it in the heat of the moment, which we all do.

Also, Only hindsight trading is 100%, so errors unfortunately will happen.

Oh well, brush yourself off, learn from it and make pips again next week :slight_smile:

We all make mistakes. I made a doozy this morning. I had about two months of profitable weeks and then the last two weeks I gave a bit back. Some lessons learned and back at it on Monday. Have a good weekend everyone. Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the encouraging words Kyleā€¦
Taking a cue from you, iā€™ve also started inserting charts and comments in myfxbookā€¦
Hope youā€™ll update charts and comments for all your tradesā€¦iā€™m following your myfxbook account with keen interestā€¦

No worries Hell81007
Previously in this thread and on so many others, it ends up being an ego trip for too many people trying to prove themselves. I have joined another unrelated thread elsewhere which is aimed at encouragement as much as possible as all the people are learning the same thing and helping each other. I canā€™t see why we arenā€™t the same here. I am going to do my best and see if it spreads :slight_smile:

I do hope to have all the myfxbook stuff updated. I will be spending time this weekend to get everything posted on there as it is very valuable for me to learn from it, and can help others seeing a persons journey through learning a discipline. Seeing both good and bad examples helps everybody :slight_smile:

Good luck in your trading . I hope it becomes quite successful. It shows from your last chart that you can look at your past efforts objectively, which is a good thing and helps in your own development as well.

You can imagine some others who only ever post good charts and seem to be blessed with only winning trades. You are not one of those - you have kept it much more real :slight_smile:

Tassiefx, I think you got the trait of the successful trader, in order to win the market, one need to be humble.

There are many qualities that defines a winner in the Forex market:

1. Consistency

2. Patience

3. Control

4. Emotionally Stable

5. Dedicated

Anyone who have them will surely become a successful trader :slight_smile:

Yeah most traders had the biggest problem with consistency. Weā€™ll i have the biggest problem with consistency. Discipline is so important :slight_smile:

You just have to wait for the market to return to normal in that it starts giving those setups described in this threadā€¦

It may take 1 week or even a couple of months but this is where patience comes into playā€¦

I didnā€™t take any trades todayā€¦was at home sitting in front of my PC watching 5 pairs for the whole day but couldnā€™t find anything to tradeā€¦

You just have to sit on your hands rather than believing that you can jump into trades everydayā€¦thatā€™s not gonna happen till current market conditions prevailā€¦

It can be frustratingā€¦ i have been rummaging through this and the other 1500 pips/month thread making notes of important points and collating the relevant charts into a powerpoint presentation and sigh at the golden setups that used to happen so often but are few and far between currently.

Hopefully theyā€™ll return when the time is dueā€¦till then all you can do is waitā€¦

Took half and set BE after fib testā€¦plus late in the day now. Good setup thoughā€¦hoping for more pips on it.

What a relief to see you Pete!!

Your presence is a source of motivation for many like me:35:

The exact same pattern had formed on AJ tooā€¦

Yes, a Yen driven moveā€¦and both bounced off fib zone. It shows the importance of drawing the smaller 5min fib to get that s/r zone, which you can see in the video (the big middle square). The reaction to it can be a good health check when you are mid trade and seeing some profit. Struggling to make it through the zone, especially with volume increases to stop the attempt, suggests a bounce and itā€™s time to set BE and/or bank some due to loss of probability.

hello guys, Iā€™m new in forex. Iā€™m interested in this VSA stuff, I think this is the best strategies so far as I know.

btw, my first post on babypips :slight_smile:

Orang Setiawan kerr?

You are in the right place yohansetiawan.
With some patience and discipline, this thread is what you are looking for - so long as VSA resonates to your style of trading etc. I have no reason to believe it wouldnā€™t be as it makes so much sense to many of us.
Read up and learn. It is a great journey. The vids on the first page are a great start :slight_smile:

dear traders,

i am new to forex and i have a some questions:

tells me the difference in the size of the wicks from the candlesticks ( long/short - upper/lower ) something about about suppply/demand/price movement??

or

is only the body important ??

what other instruments i can use find out how is the actual market reaction to price and demand ??

thanks and best regards,

as

Hi astock. The wicks are also important. The easiest way to have it form in your head is to ask the question ā€œwhat did the buyers and sellers do?ā€

Your first one ā€œLong Low Wickā€ - Looks to have had quite an amount of sellers pushing the price down, but soon became overwhelmed by the buyers who pushed it back up fairly significantly from the low. Would look in isolation as a sign of strength.

No Wick - Shows that the sellers there were in control, as the price started at its extreme high and ended with the extreme low. How many sellers?? You need volume as well to work out what is going on. Was it a NS test, was it high volume. Both are different scenarios. Low volume means buyers disappeared from it, high volume means a huge amount of sellers and smart money selling into the down move in readyness for a long.

Same upper/lower wick - indicates both buyers and sellers, however there were many more buyers in the market. Sellers towards the end maybe coming in.

Long upper wick - Looks to have hit some sort of resistance. Buyers pushed price up, but were soon overwhelmed by the sellers. Sort of opposite to your first one.

The explanations are what my interpretation is, and you may get some more experienced guys explain better maybe, but the above is my thoughts on it. You do have one big thing missing in my opinion though. Add volume to your chart - just simple volume in your indicators list is fine and it suppliments the story.

Then, you can look at three main things. The volume on the candle, the spread of the candle and the closing price. Learn to read these, and with some help from Fib charting and Support/Resistance levels, and you will be a long way towards becoming a good VSA trader. Add in a few entry points using No Supply/No Demand confirmations and push through resistance/support levels and you will be a pro :slight_smile:

Keep researching, watch petes vids on the first page and slowly digest what is in this thread, and you will very soon be on your way :slight_smile:

Good luck with it all