Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

38 pips profit with next to no drawdown with 30 pips as S/L. nice return :slight_smile:

Interesting thing this VSA. I guess it makes since. I donā€™t know how much VSA or Volume effects Forex, I would think quite a bit. I mean if Smart Money is 80% of most markets then why wouldnā€™t it be in Forex. Kind of has gotten my interest. I was checking out some reading material on VSA, and I came upon this site. I plan on reading a lot of the material, because I still donā€™t quite understand VSA. Here is the link if anyone is interested. I am not indorsing this site, only passing it along. You do have to subscribe to it with an E MAil. So some may not be interested, but a lot of the material is free. Volume Spread Analysis Hope this does not violate rules on this site.

Tom Williams and his book Master the Markets is where VSA originates, however most are left a bit confused by it, but knowing there is great value in there. Then they may buy the software, and still not fully understand it or get consistent results. This is what Iā€™ve seen/heard time and time again. Obviously there is great value in measuring the activity in the market, and knowing how the SM operates, and enter/exits the market in specific ways that volume reveals. I would recommend watching my videos starting with the ā€œTruth behindā€¦ā€ series.

So again, giving credit where credit is due with Williams pioneering VSAā€¦and giving a little credit to myself by making it more logical and taking away the need for softwareā€¦using your own brain power and rationalization skills.

Also note on TassieFXā€™s trade that some levels align with a previous rejected zone to the pip. So we see previous resistance became support, but also the drawing the s/r zone over the pins gives you some relevant levels in this setup, marked ahead of time.

Most certainly.  I agree.  I read some of the information in his free E Books and videos.  And I can see that they are trying to sell courses and software.  I think the entire course and software is like 4000 bucks.  I don't know all the details on it, but I certainly will not pay that kind of money. And I am not endorsing his site or products. I haven't went through all of your videos yet, I watched the first few, but I am still a little confused on it myself.  Maybe after watching over it a few times I will get the grasp of it.

Hi-

Iā€™ve been following this thread for a while, and its great! I have a question about the starting point for drawing a fib retracement (sorry if this has been asked before).

Is it okay for the fibs be based on a weekā€™s worth of data, or just the last significant move? Should the fib be based on the time frame that Iā€™m playing on? I usually play off the 5min, but base my fib retracements on a significant move in the 1 Hour chart.

Thanks,
RJ

You want to draw them in the direction of the moveā€¦so bottom to top on an up trend. Any significant price swing hi/low is valid. If itā€™s coming up out of a range, I draw it from the low of the swing that ended up breaking outā€¦catching the whole trending move. The 1hr tends to best show relevant intraday trade-able levels, but it does apply fractionally (fractally). So drawing it on recent 5 min swing is very useful for seeing more detail on the intentions of SM. If it matches higher TF analysis it can be considered with other factors for entry. Of course I only use the .50 to 61.8 levels as a zone, no other levels.

Basing fibs on a specific time period I donā€™t doā€¦but might give it more weight if it happens to align (say high and low of the week or previous day).

Okay, thanks for the information!!!

RJ

Yay! 321 pages in 5 nights.

Really enjoyed VSA, conversations and videos.

Now its time for me to demo. Thanks Pete.

Hello, been off for a long time moving around :smiley:

How is things, pete?

All good. :slight_smile: Iā€™m mainly posting in the newer threadā€¦ 301 Moved Permanently

Thanks, things start moving lately. Been banking a few pips here and there :smiley:

Been going over your videos. And with asking a few things I might be overlooking some things. But on No Supply, No demand the first two volume bars have to be higher than the candle stick or Volume bar in question. No supply No demand. Now, if you have No Supply you have Demand. If you have No demand you have Supply. Is this a correct assumption. And how are the two higher volume bars before the No Demand or Supply Volume bar figured as an indication of No Supply Or no Demand. I mean how do we know they perform this function to identify a No demand or No Supply candlestick or volume bar. Why is it like this.

Itā€™s not a correct assumption. A lack of buyers doesnā€™t say anything about sellers and vice versa. Itā€™s two separate things, thatā€™s why ideally you want for example, strength in the background [I]proving[/I] there is demand, then a lack of supply (NS) to point out the [I]imbalance[/I] in supply/demand. Thatā€™s the high probability point to trade.

The ND/NS signal is showing a combination of a relative lack of activity in the market, with proper price activity. Comparing to previous two bars just gives a reference to where the market was in the 10 mins leading up to the NS/ND.

Thanks, definitely something to think about.

I know this is an old thread but I am just learning VSA and I notice you say that the next bar after the weak bar is on high volume, (left of chart) but it looks to me like low volume compared to the previous weak volume bar.

hey pete, i was going through the original thread and i came across this chart:

i was wondering what indicated you to not sell after the first green bar with long wick (in the first red box).

also im just getting into vsa and id like to say thanks for everything youve done here. the knowledge you post and the many videos you upload on youtube are priceless.

Youā€™re welcome. That was the previous day. Maybe I did but Iā€™m pointing out the background weakness here.

Good i love these posts.

Here is what i have learned so far.

Price movement is mostly dictated by professionals aka the ones with the big money. Pros move prices to try their best to earn money from noobs and retailers.

Here is what i donā€™t understand. Apparently if price is low they try to buy and sell if itā€™s high. I donā€™t understand this bit at all in forex. Take the eurusd pair for example. For me i either buy or sell to make money. That is if i know the pair is rising i buy, if itā€™s going down i sell to catch the trend. Is there a diff buying the eurusd at 1.29 for eg vs 1.31?

Hereā€™s the most important thing but also very confusing. Itā€™s the accumulation, reaccumulation then distribution part.

Take accumulation. The pros are trying to keep the price at that certain lvl to somehow trap sellers i guess. The price then goes up and down up and down till no sellers are left then it shoots up. Itā€™s the opposite for the distribution phase.

Try as i might i donā€™t know what phase the eurusd is now in. The price went around 1.295 to 1.291 so itā€™s in the distribution phase? Itā€™s in the accumlation phase?

According to volume if you see high volume but price goes from low to high but ends up at the middle the pros are either buying or selling pushing the price in the middle.

This is how much i know and it doesnā€™t look to be much. Read the VSA article and itā€™s still quite confusing. Am i supposed to read the news and get a general idea of where price is supposed to go say downwards and if it doesnā€™t go donwards for example but manages to stay in the middle we could say the pros are keeping prices upwards?