Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Very informative videos. Kind of hard trying to compare apples to oranges here. Wycoff to Elliot, Gartley to Fibonacci. Etc…Etc… Anyhow, my question is how do you get supply at higher prices. I understand demand at lower prices, lower prices create demand for that product.:31:

Higher prices motivate sellers (holders who purchased at lower prices) to sell for profit, or trapped holders (who went long and then price fell) to get out when the price finally gets back to breakeven.

sorry if it seemed that way… i was just asking for you guy’s opinion about it… its too costly for me, rather stick to the old school method that pete taught…

Anything that has a price tag in the forex universe should be kept at barge pole’s length.

Look at this forum…all the info & vids are free…no price tag for learning…places like this are the ones to delve into…

Of course there is a paid room but there is never any obligation to join it…nor is something kept shrouded in secrecy (james 16) which will be revealed only after you part with your hard earned bucks…

And majority still believe that you gotta pay to stand a chance of being successful in this industry…

I was once in that majority but consider myself lucky to discover Pete and his thread here at babypips…

If you want to be successful, learn…learn from guys like Pete (ICT maybe), practice…then learn some more and practice some more…then with [B]proper risk management[/B] you’d have evolved as a successful trader…

I am one of the people that was lulled in to buying SMART… and then got a refund.
I can honestly say that it will seriously impede your VSA learning.
It is worth joining the FB group that Shamus runs to see what a joke the software is. There are high fives being given out for 7 pip wins with no stop loss along with many requests for instructions for the software which are non existent.
The final nail in the coffin for me with the software is that it does not give a signal for “no supply” yet it does feature a “no demand”. For the me the exclusion of one of VSA’s most basic and important signals proves the fact that the software is BS.

Just my opinion though :54:

haha, good that you managed to get a refund… It just looks like it has all the super cool indicators so you’ll be fooled. glad you shared your experience…

To me this is fascinating. If you’re short on time you can skip to 24:45.

Usd/chf accumulation?

Has anyone been trading with the 15min timeframe? It seems it could work, less noise/fakeouts.

Works perfectly fine and I do look at it. I like the more detailed view of the 5 min if I had to pick one.
new video in new thread… 301 Moved Permanently

mr petefader
if i have SC or SV and next bar that should be up bar to confirm this indications it is not, it is down bar

i take this indications or ignore it

An important piece of the puzzle gozilla.
The confirmation candle, or reaction to the SC/SV is very important. If you get a possible SC and it keeps going down, it could be like it is drawn in the Wycoff Schematice PDF (hankpruden.com) and it could be an initial support, to be followed by a true SC shortly later on.
I would not treat is as an SC/SV unless there is confirmation, so in your example above, It would not have confirmed as such.

Just for you to see, have a look back in April on the 1hr. A quick refresh and the market was gripped by fear (always seems to be of late until the last 2 weeks). What you see on the 1hr charts there is potential SV but still lower prices, and this just kept continuing down. If you decided this was SV and tried to go long, you would have been eaten up in that month.

It is best to wait for potential SV, see a confirmation candle, and then look tot he 5 min for a NS entry, or a push through entry (push through Automatic Resistance level).

Those are the two higher probability setups. The thing to remember out of it all is that a buy or sell is not based on 1 candle alone. It is just as important to see the reaction to that candle and follow the rules, otherwise you will start to trade outside of them and your probability of success will decrease. You may get in early to some great trades, but they will be much less often and you will also have taken many more stops out in that period.

I hope that helps you a bit Gozila :slight_smile:

I thought I might share some AU charts I have looked at tonight (local GMT+10).
AUD bounced off a shorter term 50-61.8 Fib level a bit earlier as seen in this 5min chart

It has bounced off that with the high impact news to hit the longer term 1hr 50-61.8 level as below

2 Choices here, it will bounce below that fib and maybe test it again before pulling back to the 1.03312 level … or it will push through that 1hr fib level, maybe test it with a NS and go to the 100 level at 1.04733

Just watching at the moment to see the fallout from the news announcement :slight_smile:

Lets see if I did this right

Trying to get this VSA concept down. I like that Pete has clearly shown we need to understand what the market is doing and not rely on so called “systems”.

Tell me what you think

Thank you Tassiefx

i have another question

what if i have buying climax with UHV, and at same day i have shakeout but the volume is less than buying climax, is shakeout will be my background (SOS) or ignore it because volume is less than buying climax (SOW)

on the 5 min you will see a big pin rejection with no demands to follow.

here you see the 5 min rejection with several no demands

I entered on a confirmation of one of the no demands at 15:50. The move was good for about 25 pips before reversing. I find that getting the entry is almost easy in comparison to how to manage the trade once you’re in it.

[QUOTE=petefader;291528][B]Additional videos here[/B]: petefaders’s Channel - YouTube

If you chose to follow, watch these videos multiple times if need be and really absorb the information.
It’s golden. As always, your posts are encouraged.

I guess so, because I don’t understand a darn thing he is talking about.

A nice EU just formed. Seen possible stopping volume on the 1hr, and drew fib levels. Stopping vol in the low to hi fib level area (nice) and marked the Automatic Resistance area. After about 5 lows with high volume, it moved up with a NS confirmation. Currently watching it at the next fib zone on the expected high volume. S/L at BE and let the baby run