Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

1hr T/Fshowed some stopping volume. Good entry on the 5 minute T/F following ND. Entered trade a little late on the green broken line. So far so good

Ballz out man! Nice job.

Nice Steve. I thought the ND cancelled out as it was followed by another bullish candle above its close. That first one was low volume though :slight_smile: Great trade in hindsight. Nice pips so far for you :53:

Demand coming in ,closed trade

Beginners luck!

This is true, it was not a proper ND. A few candles later was a valid oneā€¦so yeah, maybe a bit of beginners luck that it became truly valid after entry lol. Steve, maybe you should watch the ND/NS video againā€¦in fact everyone should watch all of the videos multiple times. Trust me itā€™s worth it. :wink:

Regardless Steveleg. It was a nice short :slight_smile: Doing well, especially since we first spoke on the Madscalper thread :smiley:

Yep! You must have been watching me. I`ve been watching the ND/NS Video for the past 20 minutes or so. It is a big help. Like you said, just keep watching all the videos. Everytime you watch them something else falls into place.

Madscalper! haven`t we learnt so much since then. Amazing stuff Pete.

Hi all,
I am a newbie and I really like this VSA. I have been lurking in this thread for a while and tried to learn from you guys.
I have decided to join your group if you donĀ“t mind.

Good trading day!

Hello Sagi,

Very nice entry. My question is why did you closed half of your position there?

Regards

Um wellā€¦ I knew I was trading against the phase (thus risking only 1%) and I knew the market likes to reverse wide range bars very quickly. It was a simple judgement call. No science behind it. Sorry :slight_smile:

If I was more experienced I would maybe sit on the position until supply shows, but then again the phaseā€¦ you know the drill :slight_smile:

[B]I have a question for you Pete[/B] :). Does it happen that you take a trade solely off the 1H chart? I was thinking about doing this today as I had to leave my computer for an hour or two, this was just when the high volume 1H candle closed. My prediction since London open was another test up to the 50-61.8 fibs and then a short from there, so I was up against my prediction. I thought about entering with 0.5-1% risk but didnā€™t do it in the end. What do you think about this?

This time I wouldnā€™t have waited for an inside close as I didnā€™t have time for it, but letā€™s say we see high volume with an inside close that confirms Re-distribution, would it be fine to enter right off the 1H with small risk?

I always consider the small TFs, but Itā€™s absolutely fine. We are really trading the 1hr chart and just using the 5 min for confirmation and a scalp type of entry (unless you go for the counter phase trades).

With your example, yes thatā€™s perfectly valid. Having confluence of fib/phase for entry and seeing the climax/reaction for entryā€¦without looking the lower Tfs.

Of course you can also apply to the 1hr, the exact same principles that we use on the 5 min. Including ND/NS, shakeout,effort to rise (Iā€™ll talk about that soon)ā€¦and donā€™t forget about upthrusts and springsā€¦always waiting for the next candle to confirm and bam u have entry.

Hello guys

I have made my analysis for tomorrow. Any opinion or criticsm are warmly welcomed.

Currently we have a 4 hourly down channel and a hourly up channel. Also price penetrated the hourly Fib area then retraced and consolidated. There was demand showed up, but it was not strong, probably lost its all steam when reached at 15 min Fib area. Then it returned the Fib area again. Currently the price is in the hourly and a new formed 15 min Fib area. Also the hourly up channel below.

I am going to watch the price and volume tomorrow morning to break below the channel and hourly fib area or not to look for entry. If it breaks downward then I will look for an optimal entry point for short. If not then I will look for ND. But in that case I also will watch the 4 hourly Fib area because it stopped the price recently and turned it back. So there is supply in that area. I will go long only if I can get a nice risk:reward with a TP in that area(4 hourly Fib).

What do you think? Is this analysis over complicated? I tend to do so.

This thread and the old one are big support in my forex learning thanks to Petefader and for the other contributors. I am making my new study book with that information collected from the old thread. Pete, I hope you donā€™t mind. I would like you to review my study book when I finish.

Best Regards&Happy Trading

Hourly upthrusts provided very nice entry points for shorts if we look at the chart we can see.

Cool, thanks :). Did you manage to get in that trade btw? It went down really fastā€¦

Hi all,

A newbie here from Thailand. I just started learning forex trading (still trade demo account) and I think Iā€™m so lucky to stumble upon this thread. Iā€™ll start my first post with my recent trade. While some of you are sleeping, I spotted a good setup.

This entry is somewhat clear (to me)ā€¦ Pullback of a down trend and ND. Is it a valid entry? Even itā€™s a nice trade, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s just a beginnerā€™s luck or not.

Any comments are welcomed

Have a good trading day everyone

Looks fine to me bkk, good trading.

The phase was redistribution so the side was correct. Sounds good to me.

IDKā€¦ I was looking at the same trade and didnā€™t enter. Let see some other opinionsā€¦

ar we stil on a mark downā€¦?

There was couple NS candles that I didnā€™t markā€¦ But I guess itā€™s clear enough why I took trade.

Also, I closed 3/4 from it and put stop on profit zone right after that one last candleā€¦ Didnā€™t like that volume on that one and didnā€™t like shape of that candleā€¦ Also next candle confirmed itā€¦