Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Today’s followup…

I’d like to jump in on this conversation - hope nobody minds! :slight_smile:

Here’s what we’re watching.
Almost in agreeance about another approach on key 9100 - 9150 zone.

Price is hovering in b/w our two levels.
May see a retest of 8920 early next week.
Continued selling exposes 8900 - where we suspect some buying interest may be stationed.
If buyers step in @ 8900, I’m confident sellers may concede up until 9000.
May have the makings for a false breakout of this range to the downside, trapping some.

H4 Chart

Hey Pete,

Good stuff as always! We followed the story line and look how it unfolded; just as you called it! I LOVE that you have the before and after as evidence right here. I saw some potential setups this morning, but after yesterday I was too gun shy to enter. Plus I didn’t sleep for crap last night so I was worried that I was imagining setups. When I looked back later after a nap I was like shoot, should’ve taken those trades. Oh well; I was still able to relish in the fact that we knew exactly what was going on.

It’s hard to see if SM liquidated and got out at even, but we’ll be able to see by the reaction coming up. Chances are, those greedy bastards will now want to get paid for all their stress and effort, and will push price further up into more profit. Time will tell. Wait, no, time AND VSA will tell :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Ryan

Hard to say what level it will go up to, or if it will go up. I’m too tired to post a chart right now, but if you check the chart now, price just hit resistance at 61.8 fib on high volume and then headed down. I do respect that Fib level, so as someone who trades daily and typically not swing, I would be leery of getting in long. Lets see how price reacts as it hits lower prices.

That said, your analysis that was done before the events I just mentioned transpired, looks pretty good. It looks like you spotted higher volumes at the bottom of the range, indicated by arrows, and from what I can tell your price action analysis looks pretty good too. Price action was funky this week, which makes me a little nervous calling out anything long terms, but I tentatively agree with your analysis and look forward to seeing how things unfold by Monday.

Cheers!

Ryan

Hard to say what level it will go up to, or if it will go up. I’m too tired to post a chart right now, but if you check the chart now, price just hit resistance at 61.8 fib on high volume and then headed down. I do respect that Fib level, so as someone who trades daily and typically not swing, I would be leery of getting in long. Lets see how price reacts as it hits lower prices.

That said, your analysis that was done before the events I just mentioned transpired, looks pretty good. It looks like you spotted higher volumes at the bottom of the range, indicated by arrows, and from what I can tell your price action analysis looks pretty good too. Price action was funky this week, which makes me a little nervous calling out anything long terms, but I tentatively agree with your analysis and look forward to seeing how things unfold by Monday.

Cheers!

Ryan

Hopefully you’re using volume to make these assumptions? If you include volume and some markups on your chart we can take a better look at things in the future. However, something below the H4 would be ideal. Volume is a pain in the a*s on H4. Looking forward to it!

Ryan

AUD USD - looks like bulls give way…we gonna see next week how things will emerge. Happy weekend for everybody.

Some schemes from videos of Pete

hi Pete, hi guys,

just wanted to know when you see stopping volume on the higher time frames(4h,1h), does it have to be confirmed on the lower time frames (15m,5m) for it to be valid?.

because i seem to be seeing stopping/climatic volume on the higher time frames but doesnt seem to be matching up on lower time frames. If this is the case, is it not stopping volume i am seeing on the higher time frames and should i not trade it??

also one last thing, if you see stopping volume on the chart, but the market closes above the high/low on the stopping volume candle soon after, does it make it not valid.

thanks guys, any help would be appreciated.

The volume analysis I use is how volatile price action is.
Saw a bounce off 89, but I feel it’s too early to call whether or not a retest of 90 is up next.
Clearing that middle zone between the two would be a bit more convincing.

Thanks for the reply!
Take care.

@cica
"Some schemes from videos of Pete" is great !
I try to zoom in to learn in detail but the pic still looks fuzzy
and can’t get the note

Would u please kindly update the clear pic in more detail ?

Thanks in advance

I am not able to see the details when I zoom in. If there is anyway you can revise that would be awesome as this looks like a pretty cool diagram!

With all due respect, an analysis of how volatile price action is just that, how volatile price action is. What this method, this thread, and VSA require, for an analysis of volume, is looking at the tick activity (in forex). Without the volume, we have to make too many assumptions.

Hi Aaron,

Yes, if you see stopping volume on H1 it does have to be confirmed on the lower timeframes. Here is the reason:

Think of an uptrend. Imagine we see stopping volume on H1. If we drill down to the smaller timeframes, the 15M or 5M, and we see that the high volume during that H1 time period came from lower price and then price continued up, that is strength, not weakness. However, if the highest volume during that hour was at the highest prices and price couldn’t make any further progress up, that would confirm the stopping volume and can then be viewed as a sign of weakness.

This is a great question and an extremely important part of VSA.

Cheers!

Ryan

Sorry

GBPJPY on H4
:smiley:

First off, I’m very much a newbie. I want to grasp this info as fast as possible, but it will take time. The one issue I’m struggling with is charts. Which chart is the best to examine VSA and PA? Is it a combination of the H1 and M5, or is it more than that? I’m confused as to what chart/charts I need to be focused on. Thanks so much!

1H and 5M. You must not have read through the thread. Start reading through it and when you stumble upon something you don’t understand, then start asking questions and people will be happy to help.

[QUOTE=“iuforex;610181”]First off, I’m very much a newbie. I want to grasp this info as fast as possible, but it will take time. The one issue I’m struggling with is charts. Which chart is the best to examine VSA and PA? Is it a combination of the H1 and M5, or is it more than that? I’m confused as to what chart/charts I need to be focused on. Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

Just wondering. Was your first post as irritating as your second?