Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Very nice display. VSA is impeccable. I’m going to go back and check out how often this occurs, and see if it’s always this crystal clear.

Just to humour me Upcomer, check it on AUD :slight_smile: (as there’s a perfect one there too)

Ok I couldn’t help myself… Haven’t traded ranges this well since, well, ever! :slight_smile:

I was wondering if you guys think VSA can be used for trading on daily chart only. I rely mainly on the COT charts to look for reversals (tops and bottoms for a year) in currencies. The COT is usually a long term tool and so I was wondering if youthink implementing the VSA on a daily chart would be useful.

Also, what books would you recommend for me?

If so, what kind of strategy or set up should I be looking for if I’m looking for long term reversals (ones like the Euro in May and the one taking place in cable)?

Keep up the good work.

Jalapenoninja I hope you don’t mind me asking what you use to annotate and upload your screenshots?

Not at all, I use a mac os x app called skitch, I think there might be a windows version.

To me and I’m probably wrong here, it looks like we could be forming a fake break pattern today to prepare for an upmove but it really depends… if offers in the green zone chew up any aggressive longs (Stopping volume or any other sign of weakness) then we could see another move down.

Thanks! no more blurry screenshots I hope lol

Depending on the TF (for me, as per this method/forum, 1hr & 5m TF)

Here’s my GU… lots of buying into the down move, and I couldn’t help myself with a bit of 5m wyckoff :confused:

This thing has been in a downtrend for a month, its not going to turn right back around and shoot up. Scalp some pips, but be careful holding. Its gonna range for a bit if it does go back up.

Thats a divergence to alot of people, so your gonna see some buying then the pros will probably be selling.

Just my 2 cents.

Not expecting it to shoot up at all but for me this looks like the end of the markdown on the daily. If it does reverse it will most likely go through a long accumulation period. I only use the higher timeframes for sentiment since I mostly trade intra-day.

on the daily it looks like they’r trying to end that mark-down with a bang eh, fairly steep moves in context.

Looking at a UJ long at the moment, if this 1 hour close confirms the stopping volume just made, what do you guys think?

Larger image here TinyGrab - Simple. Screenshot. Sharing.

If 102.4 breaks I would go long a high volume retest, even if you went long now your stop is really close, but honestly leaning short for this pair.

the 1hr close satisfies me that the buyers are in (I hope!) :stuck_out_tongue:
Your TF is the daily though eh? I think we’ll test the 4hr trend line again up above before coming down.

There’s a nice (similar) wyckoff setup on AU at the moment too, could favour that as it’s at previous day’s high…

Nah, 1 hour + 5 min mostly, lets see how it plays out. Im actually a bit of a scalper.

I can’t help look at the two volume bars sticking out on the 1HR from the past two days, like dog’s bollocks! :stuck_out_tongue:

Meanwhile fader sells (has sold) the EU, just my guess :35: or ej

ha, nah he’s silently gloating about still being AJ long… hasn’t been any confirmed stopping volume bearish to kick him out on the 1HR TF yet…

I’m a little confused with a couple parts of VSA. If anyone could help out here I’d appreciate it.

To start, I’m new to forex (6 weeks of paper trading), and I started learning VSA and price action a few weeks ago since these kinds of techniques make the most logical sense to me for how the market moves. I’ve watched a little more than half of pete’s youtube videos, and I’ve skimmed some posts in here, but I’m confused on finding the no demand and no supply zones. From my understanding, supply is present near at a resistance zone and demand at a support zone. So if the price is approaching a resistance area, but the volume is decreasing, does this mean there is no demand and if price is approaching a support area and volume is decreasing, does this indicate no support?