Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

their is no yawning smiley…

I cant really see the stopping volume you’re talking about that Friday. I’d like to see your chart, to better understand what you’re talking about.

You can use imgur to upload screenshots :slight_smile:

1 hour chart and volume was a mess this week. Just a clear fib on thursday on EU, after reaccumulation on Wednesday, even though, to me, we got some weakness even before that retracement.

This is the H1 EU chart from those key days. From H1 only, it looks a bit messy.

Hey FBF,

First, I can’t call you that name seriously!? :slight_smile: Post some charts etc with Pair / Date / Time question and there’s a few of us (or me) that’ll take a look & try and help.

If you get a widespread down or up bar with high volume, at that stage it’s either a strong reversal, or an aggressive move in the direction, the next bar will provide a lot more info.

On the NSND 5 minute thing, check pete’s youtube video on that (same title). If you like, pick a pair and we can run through it day-to-day

Hey Pipitah,

Check out the daily chart wrt Support & Resistance, and link last Thursday/Friday with a bit of Wyckoff Accumulation. the Monday spike is our mark-up “out” of the range.

The image below is each retracement. The Blue Lines indicate the Europe time to trade, the Orange the New York, so looking for high volume down move/retracement into the fib zone. The 70.5 is something I like to make a note of and isn’t part of this thread’s method.

Thanks for the answer mate :slight_smile:

What I meant was, to me, it wasnt the cleanest mark up ever. Too many up candels with high volume, closing off the highs and with a bearish reaction the 15th and 16th (the 16th was during Asia session).

Fib retracements were obvious. I took the one from Thursday, but half risk, because of what I just wrote :slight_smile:

I dont know if I’m right taking those up bars I showed on the chart I posted as “weakness” during that mark up + the lack of a clear stopping volume… Am I wrong? Pete or anybody? :slight_smile:

Nah you’re on the ball I (imo), it was a funny week, counter trend but with the (1 hour) trend, possibly profit taking at each of the swing highs? Overall morale of the story, when it looks that messy/unclear, no need to take any risks. When SM/volume clears up, it’s easy pickings.

I’m taking an overall direction bias from the daily TF and not looking at volume there.

This is why I was looking for shorts, can’t see any climactic / stopping volume to start looking for longs at all :(.
G/U and E/U

Exactly my point. Watching the one hour chart, I can clearly see way more bearish signs than bullish… I guess you can’t always ask for it to be that easy right :smiley:

Trend trend trend ! :slight_smile:

Lower highs, lower lows… once this sequence is broken, the trend is in question.

I’m not convinced that we’re finished shorting the GBPUSD but last week’s retracement, I don’t think (imo) you need to have a huge climactic volume at the bottom. Last month was a big (fomc?) news spike, check out the daily, and imagine the amount of longs with their stop losses, below that low… We just needed to fake break below that.

I flip back and forth between trend or volume being more important :slight_smile: Friday’s G/U again produced a nice (potential) fake break of a clean set of highs. Let Monday do it’s thing and attack on Tuesday.

For every move, a valid VSA entry, there is not. For every valid VSA entry, a move, there is.

Was going to say change your name to traderyoda, didn’t see the profile pic!

My friend’s call me BallsFace, for short. :wink:

I’d love to run through a pair… of forex, with you sometime, would that be on the forum? Skype? How would we accomplish this?

I wrote a post about market background and Wyckoff sort of stuff. on FF, thought I’d share it here for any it might be of use to. Feel free to gimme corrections anyonebut I think it’s mostly on point.

If you’re looking for reversals, you want to be looking out for climactic volume (stopping volume). This is analysing the background.

So for example price is hitting a point of previous resistance and high volume is coming in. Go to your preferred higher TF (1H+) and compare the volume in this area to volume on previous days and at previous areas of resistance and support. You want to see volume that is “climactic” which looks like the big players are exiting their long positions and changing to shorts. This will look like significant volume which stands out above the rest, there will likely be a price rejection on that bar, closing off it’s high and/or the next bar will likely be a down bar on high volume. This is as the smart money rushes to fill it’s orders against the buying climax which may often be a news release, so they can exit their longs and fill new shorts against this new tide of buying at a high, attractive price. Typically after this, they will pause their activity as they don’t want to push price down before they’ve filled the rest of their orders. So you’ll see a pause in sell activity, buyers will begin to emerge again and price will go into a range as the smart money sells (distributes) in increments before pausing to let more buyers push the price back up to the top of the range where they will sell again.

This will occur for a while, so you’ll likely see a double top or a triple top, often they will let price break above the previously established top to create another frenzy of buying as people trade the breakout, they can use this buying frenzy to fill more orders to the short side. Usually a fakebreak or upthrust (spring/shakeout at bottom of market) occurs late in the range and often signals the end of the range. Around this point, either before or after you will hopefully be able to notice signs of the buyers losing interest, this looks like low volume up bars, preferably closing in their middle or low, these are easier to spot on a smaller timeframe like M5 or M3. These are tests of the market and are known as either No Supply or No Demand bars. No Demand being an upbar on low volume, No Supply a downbar on low volume.

These “tests” of the market tell the smart money in this case that they’ve filled as many orders as they’re able to, there is No Demand left in the market. This is further important because it means that as they attempt to mark the price down, there will be little resistance to the downward movement. So start a campaign of sustained selling, because there’re very few interested buyers, price drops rapidly, even faster when the stops of longs are hit and they exit by covering their position (selling). New sellers will jump on the downmove too.

The wave of selling will take pauses as clumps of buyers re-emerge, they will let price be pushed up a little into a small trading range, fill a few more orders before continuing. This is known as re-distribution in a downmove or re-accumulation in an upmove. The markdown will then continue. Eventually you’ll see volume which really stands out above the rest - stopping volume to the downside, which will then send price into another range. This range will likely begin on a selling climax, possibly a news item or just a rush of sellers getting into the move at the worst possible point, afraid they are losing out on a great shorting opportunity. You will likely be able to identify this as an accumulation phase by increased volume at dips in the range, signifying smart money buying at the low prices. Smart money will accumulate stock for a while, until you see No Supply bars (low volume downbars) or a fakebreak out (spring) below the support level of the range, then price will be rapidly marked up.

http://www.hankpruden.com/MTWyckoffSchematics.pdf

meh, they fail and they reverse sometimes or just range

How did you earn that nic?

Hey guys, I have a question, if somebody could answer it, I’d highly appreciate it.

So to confirm that most likely the trend will change, we look the 1H TF for extra high volume in new highs/low, closing off the top, confirmed by an opposite candle. If we properly wait for these 2 candles to close, that takes 2 hours. BUt on the 5M TF this is 24 candles, so the whole setup with climactic volume, automatic rally, backtest, push through, NS/ND, etc. would most likely be played out, so we missed the whole thing.

So my question is, how do you not miss these setups and confirm on the 1H TF, that it is a proper reversal?

OR do you wait for the 1H TF to signal a proper reversal, then on the 5M TF you start to look for trades on the given direction, which was signaled by the 1H TF? So like jumping in at a 50-61.8 level, if the signals are good there aswell of course.

Hopefully I could explain my dilemma well, thanks for the answer in advance.

hey FBF,

just on here to run through a pair, if you’ve got any queries about a pair’s previous day’s action, feel free to upload a chart etc. and I can try and help with it. I didn’t mean “live” via skype etc. sorry.

Hey Darastonius,

Think of say, a head & shoulders pattern… (I think I’ve marked something like this up 10 odd posts ago)… you’ll get the climactic volume on the “head” but not looking to trade this, you’d take the first fib retracement (the right shoulder) on a sign of weakness. Also helps if all this occurs at higher timeframe (daily) supply & demand levels.

Thank goodness a nice clear day with a nice setup.

I saw this today but thought “It’s in a downtrend now and volume isnt high enough at the low to turn it around.” I didnt notice it was a fib zone from last week… d’oh.

If it’s a fib zone from a previous upmove, do we not need to see really climactic volume to turn it around?

I’m thinking if it’s trending downwards, you need to see big volume at the lows to make it go up, but the bigger trend was to the up side, so is the big climactic volume at the lows not needed?

Great work on this one :slight_smile:

You have to ask yourself (with that first down move on the hourly Euro)… strong down move, not on news, on high volume… something’s up here :slight_smile: